Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

total domination

jvan1973

I thought the run game was lacking most of the day, but we did look good. Very good.

I agree.. Until the last drive of the game. They imposed their will pounding the rock the last drive

If we can build and sustain a running game as effective as that last drive....all I can say is watch out.

Ballard and the line show glimpses of what could be at times and collapse at other times.

If we upgrade that aspect of this offense....Andrew should be able to engineer a deadly and diverse attack.

Total domination? You might want to take a look at the 3rd quarter before you say total domination. It was a very good game as a whole for the colts, but it was far from total domination.

What i mean is our offense was better than theirs, our defense was better than theirs and our special teams was better than theirs

Yeah it's kinda weird not resting! But I like it.

True. However, that shot that Reggie took was a head snap back, then a snap forward from a second hit. Concussion material. If he would have gotten one and been out for the rest of the season, resting would have seemed prudent. Just sayin.

I am extremely happy about the win and the message sent to our division rivals.

Boy I just watched that perfect pass again to Hilton, that was one perfect pass. Dropped into Hilton's arms.

Yes and signs of what is to come in years to come as those two get their timing down completely!  Our future is so bright even shades can't dull it!  I remember when Peyton got his timing down with Marvin his second year and it became most deadly combo in football for a few years.  I don't know if Hilton will be THAT good but he can be extremely good.

I love watching the last 6-7 minutes of the game as the hearts of the Texans were just ripped from their chest, the kings of he AFC demoralized by a young up and coming team. We got a new rivalry folks, and it's not the Patriots.

Now it's time to rip the hearts out of he Ravens...

Not literally.

While it certainly felt like we played a full game, offensively Luck had less than 200 yards and we had like under 80 yards rushing. However, Luck and the offense put up the points when we needed it with no interceptions. The O-line held them to 1 sack, and more notably  perhaps Watt was shut out and he will remain in the history books 3 sacks shy of the record.

The biggest kudos goes to the special teams and the defense though. They certainly bent but did not break, and they won the turnover battle. 4 sacks, 2INTs not too shabby. Go Colts!

Yes it was, I was so mad at the Castonzo penalty. I was about ready to flip out. But perfection ensued the next play by two rookies, and bad Texans D.

Yeah but if Castonzo doesn't hold there we are scraping what's left of Luck up off the field of LOS.  That's just one of those you have to do it and hope you don't get called like any tackle blocking Freeney :)

Yeah but if Castonzo doesn't hold there we are scraping what's left of Luck up off the field of LOS. That's just one of those you have to do it and hope you don't get called like any tackle blocking Freeney :)

Good point, sometimes holding calls can be worth while, fortunately pure perfection happened next.

They ate up a ton of clock on drive, starting with the first drive of the game. Anyone have the time of possesion stats?

Colts won it 31:09 to 28:51 you have to remember the kickoff return kinda took away a possession and we had a bunch of three and outs in the third quarter and the quick score to HIlton.  With that said getting the ball back with about ten minutes to go and the Texans never seeing the ball again is impressive for any team it's even more impressive for a team that isn't a running team and hadn't been running the ball well to that point in the game. 

This is a harbinger of things to come. Jax is a disaster, and if they bring in ST. Tim, it will get worse. The Titans aren't much better, they'll pretend that Locker is their franchise QB and try to use a barn at WR so he has a chance of hitting something.

Shaub is exactly what we saw today, an average QB who folds in the big games. Once Johnson is done, he'll be less than that.

We're going to dominate this division for the foreseeable future.

Yeah but if Castonzo doesn't hold there we are scraping what's left of Luck up off the field of LOS. That's just one of those you have to do it and hope you don't get called like any tackle blocking Freeney :)

This. Luck was going to get obliterated.

Is everyone watching the same Colts game/games that I am ??? Reading through these forums you would think we (the Colts) were a huge favorite to make some sort of a deep run in the playoffs when in actuality we are really just going to be a punching bag next week. Andrew Luck is running for his life basically on every play every week. Our defense generally can't stop anyone and never mind Vontae has to hold all of the receivers that he is defending. Now I will say he did redeem himself a little with the 2 interceptions today. Next Sunday is going to be a completely different feel and unfortunately I think we will be getting a huge reality check. We clearly were playing extra hard for coach Pagano today which was fantastic. Go Colts!!

Is everyone watching the same Colts game/games that I am ??? Reading through these forums you would think we (the Colts) were a huge favorite to make some sort of a deep run in the playoffs when in actuality we are really just going to be a punching bag next week. Andrew Luck is running for his life basically on every play every week. Our defense generally can't stop anyone and never mind Vontae has to hold all of the receivers that he is defending. Now I will say he did redeem himself a little with the 2 interceptions today. Next Sunday is going to be a completely different feel and unfortunately I think we will be getting a huge reality check. We clearly were playing extra hard for coach Pagano today which was fantastic. Go Colts!!

way to kill the spirit.....we are not even supposed to be here. but there is always that one.....