Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jules, this does look like 2001 all over again

chad72

If the Patriots end up No.2 seed after losing their first home game of the season, this does look like 2001 all over again. That is when the Pats went to New Orleans and won the SB. :(

Pats have won all their last 5 AFCCG appearances as a No.1 or No.2 seed. :(

Not looking good for the rest of the AFC.

If the Patriots end up No.2 seed after losing their first home game of the season, this does look like 2001 all over again. That is when the Pats went to New Orleans and won the SB. :(

Pats have won all their last 5 AFCCG appearances as a No.1 or No.2 seed. :(

Not looking good for the rest of the AFC.

lol my name is in a thread title!!!

Yeah, it does chad. Sorry but been saying it since like week 3 to a few I know despite heavy protests and I think YOU are trying to do the jinx here now? I know you. ;)

And then when Sandy hit NY/Jersey it reminded me of 9/11 in terms of symbolism.

Of course I would prefer the Colts be the 2001 Pats but I don't think they can do it this soon. :)

But, yeah NE should be sending gift baskets and cards to the Colts complex during their bye. ;)

And yes the SB in NO was always a red flag to me!!!

Yeah. That colts victory was sure a welcome surprise. Huge! I didn't think they could do it.

Also if SF gets to the SB with us....well we lost to the Rams in reg season before beating them in the SB :)

lol I thought of this too.

And GB is currently down 13-0. Ouch.....

Heck I was so confident in the Colts all week my cousin took the Colts as his lock of the week. Crazy.

Oh and the Tuck Rule made an appearance today for the Colts. ;) And in 2001 I don't think the Pats clinched a bye until the final week when someone lost for them.

lol my name is in a thread title!!!

Yeah, it does chad. Sorry but been saying it since like week 3 to a few I know despite heavy protests and I think YOU are trying to do the jinx here now? I know you. ;)

And then when Sandy hit NY/Jersey it reminded me of 9/11 in terms of symbolism.

Of course I would prefer the Colts be the 2001 Pats but I don't think they can do it this soon. :)

But, yeah NE should be sending gift baskets and cards to the Colts complex during their bye. ;)

And yes the SB in NO was always a red flag to me!!!

No, I am not trying to jinx them. I do believe the Pats go down to Broncos in the AFCCG. 5-0 as a #1 or #2 seed in AFCCG, the 6th one bucks the trend, that is my theory :).

lol I thought of this too.

And GB is currently down 13-0. Ouch.....

Heck I was so confident in the Colts all week my cousin took the Colts as his lock of the week. Crazy.

Oh and the Tuck Rule made an appearance today for the Colts. ;) And in 2001 I don't think the Pats clinched a bye until the final week when someone lost for them.

I honestly thought the Texans would win as in more experience in winning the full 60 minute play. Its always about who can sustain.

Colts takeaways sustained them  though lol.

How fitting on the tuck haha

cant remember 2001 but prolly so..they were only 11-5

No, I am not trying to jinx them. I do believe the Pats go down to Broncos in the AFCCG. 5-0 as a #1 or #2 seed in AFCCG, the 6th one bucks the trend, that is my theory :).

I am not counting the Colts out to make a playoff run either, seriously.

But, as much as this might feel like 2001 at times I still sometimes think a younger QB not named Brady or Manning may win it all......

Just a hunch. I am not sure yet.

I also had two dreams starting in the offseason that the Colts and Pats played twice this year. :)

I honestly thought the Texans would win as in more experience in winning the full 60 minute play. Its always about who can sustain.

Colts takeaways sustained them  though lol.

How fitting on the tuck haha

cant remember 2001 but prolly so..they were only 11-5

11-5 with a lot of emotion those Pats....were and a lot of nobodies on the roster. With a young phenom QB who many fans didn't even initially want at first over the veteran.

Hmmm reminds me of another team. :)

I can dream. :)

The Patriots will be spanked HARD right out of Denver. This is Peyton's year. 

But, the Colts might be able to take either Denver or NE if they bring it. ;). One of them.

We have some serious energy and destiny on our side too......

I am not convinced it is Manning or Brady's year yet.....so I kinda wish chad didn't start this since I also have been high on Green Bay winning it all but it also depends on where they get seeded. I brought up 2001 early in the year since the Pats have been to the last several NO super bowls.

Like we usually go to Miami.

But, Brady has never lost to JDR either. I would take NE in Denver.

But, Brady has never lost to JDR either. I would take NE in Denver.

JDR should not factor into this. Romeo Crennel, when he had Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law and Rodney Harrison along with Bruschi, Vrabel and McGinnest could make several kinds of D work. It is like the Chicago Bulls could play something other than a triangle offense and still win because of the personnel talent.

Denver has the front four to cause issues for the Pats' O-line, especially in Denver. A 4-3 D matches up better vs the Pats for pass rush, IMO. I bet you want the Pats to win if they played the Broncos and you know I want the Broncos to win. Besides, Brady and Belichick have lost all the last 3 big games they have played vs guys named Manning in the playoffs, I expect that to continue.

See, I can use the numbers I want to selectively use to support what I want to present. :)

I also have had this hunch for weeks it won't be a Brady and Manning AFC title game.

It is too obvious. In 2007 everyone wanted it too and the Chargers spoiled the party.

Someone is gonna pull a few upsets. :D

Yeah it is a bit obvious.

Maybe the Bengals....heck maybe the colts upset and go all the way...........

JDR should not factor into this. Romeo Crennel, when he had Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law and Rodney Harrison along with Bruschi, Vrabel and McGinnest could make several kinds of D work. It is like the Chicago Bulls could play something other than a triangle offense and still win because of the personnel talent.

Denver has the front four to cause issues for the Pats' O-line, especially in Denver. A 4-3 D matches up better vs the Pats for pass rush, IMO. I bet you want the Pats to win if they played the Broncos and you know I want the Broncos to win. Besides, Brady and Belichick have lost all the last 3 big games they have played vs guys named Manning in the playoffs, I expect that to continue.

See, I can use the numbers I want to selectively use to support what I want to present. :)

Is that why the Patriots have smoked that defense 3 games in a row? :)

Is that why the Patriots have smoked that defense 3 games in a row? :)

Offense helps defense, and if you dont believe it, ask the Miami vets on D during that wildcat Dolphins year. By being on the field and putting points on the board, the offense can help out the D and put some extra pressure on the opponent. It is a simple fact.

Tim Tebow was shut down by Belichick and going 3 and outs constantly does not help Denver's D. So, throw 2 games out of the window and I will give you the latest one where the Pats' O-line ran over Denver with Peyton as QB. Denver's D has its weaknesses like the Pats' D, it is not the 85 Bears D but if you give it some points support, at home, it can definitely live up to the challenge, IMO. Both teams are still reliant on their QBs and only 1 of them will end up victor if the game is played in Denver. I believe it will be Peyton and the Broncos, you believe it will be Brady and the Pats, and that is perfectly fine with me.

Only one way to find out, right? Play the game.

I wonder if we just gave NE the SB by winning today but at the same time I can't not live in the moment with these Colts and I just want to see them go all out in every single game for as long as it lasts. Today was excellent for the Colts and us fans. Hey chad is that why you wanted to rest today? lol I am not sure.........like it was a double edged sword. Us winning probably helped the Pats the most of any team. NE really needed that bye IMO.

But, at the same time I also wonder if GB hurt their chances today too and the door is back wide open again for SF who many have been low on.

NE/SF was my prediction weeks ago. After that game they already played this year that would be one amazing SB to watch.

I wonder if we just gave NE the SB by winning today but at the same time I can't not live in the moment with these Colts and I just want to see them go all out in every single game for as long as it lasts. Today was excellent for the Colts and us fans. Hey chad is that why you wanted to rest today? lol I am not sure.........like it was a double edged sword. Us winning probably helped the Pats the most of any team. NE really needed that bye IMO.

But, at the same time I also wonder if GB hurt their chances today too and the door is back wide open again for SF who many have been low on.

NE/SF was my prediction weeks ago. After that game they already played this year that would be one amazing SB to watch.

Yes, definitely. I am always honest about my intentions :). I never hide them. You ask me an honest question, I give you an honest answer. The Pats are always the last team I want the Colts to help. It probably wont change as long as Belichick is there, even if Brady is not.

I also knew that the Colts never lost 2 games in a row this season. So, if that trend needed to continue, I would have preferred we lost today's game than the playoff game. You know me, I am always superstitious a bit about these things, Colts or Pats or whoever it is regarding :). I talk pattern language :)

Yes, definitely. I am always honest about my intentions :). I also knew that the Colts never lost 2 games in a row. So, if that trend needed to continue, I would have preferred we lost today's game than the playoff game. You know me, I am always superstitious a bit, Colts or Pats or whoever it is regarding :). I talk pattern language :)

I am not too worried about that. If we lose next weekend it was still a great season. but, I do like our chances but I am not taking Baltimore lightly either by any means. I am too excited over today though to really be realistic yet. lol I 100% though do NOT want to lose to Caldwell, omg. And you have to think Pagano knows them well. ;)

I did not really watch NE today but did Gronk do much?

Listen chad, I am not saying Denver can't beat NE either. They can. It will be much tougher for NE in Denver then in NE. I am not sure yet if they even play. Maybe we get a few upsets. I think we have some spunky underdogs this postseason.

I did not really watch NE today but did Gronk do much?

Gronk caught a TD pass. NE normally comes off the bye week with guns blazing. Brady's stats are considerably different in the divisional round compared to the AFCCG. Lone exception might be 2010 where Brady did not have a terrible game but the Jets just played outstanding D, one game where you tip the hat to Rex Ryan.

Gronk caught a TD pass. NE normally comes off the bye week with guns blazing. Brady's stats are considerably different in the divisional round compared to the AFCCG. Lone exception might be 2010 where Brady did not have a terrible game but the Jets just played outstanding D, one game where you tip the hat to Rex Ryan.

At least what you predicted weeks ago is wrong, Colts at Pats for WC round. Major ouch if that happened. That is what I DID NOT want lol.

I had slightly forgotten the 2001 thing in recent weeks. It was looking a lot like the Pats get the third or 4th again after the Niners loss. I think most of us also thought Houston would beat the Vikings to clinch homefield.

Crazy.....

Pats fans should be thanking us.

And my GB SB prediction is starting to get shakier for me too. Can they do it as the third seed? Their D showed their bad colors again today thats for sure. I am getting vibes of 2009 Packers/Cardinals in back to back weeks with the GB D sucking so bad....

I for one was not suprised by the Colts victory,if you could go back and watch the game 2 weeks ago,the Colts beat themself.As far as The AFC and SB IMO right now Denver is the best team in the league,if you want it your gonna have to beat them,its a tall order but not impossible

No question the biggest boost to NE was the colts winning.

whatta ya gonna do..let the cards fall where they fall. But I admit, that is a huge back into the 2nd seed haha

No question the biggest boost to NE was the colts winning.

whatta ya gonna do..let the cards fall where they fall. But I admit, that is a huge back into the 2nd seed haha

YOUR WELCOME

Now come on Pats fans. Lets here the praises and thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

So someone did pull the upset, it was Baltimore. I knew one had to be coming and odds are never great it will be vs. NE. Too bad it was not the Colts but so be it...we did well.

Now we have Baltimore at New England. Again. I want the Ravens but the Pats at home.....ouch. And Baltimore put A LOT into that Denver game. Is much left?

I want SF to win it all too and they ironically fit the 2001 pattern as well with a second year QB taking over and being the second seed. However they did lose to NE in the regular season so if they meet in the SB the Pats might pull a 2001 Rams on them.

But, I have had this eery feeling all year that Brady might pull out #4. Even if Gronk is out.

Hmmmm..........