Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hillbillybob

dion jordan and stephan taylor

11 posts in this topic

i really hope we get dion jordan he is athletic and has alot of muscle, that guy can play. he plays the run very very good and can pass rush like a mother trucker.stephan taylor sort of reminds me of jones drew. i think we should get jordan in the first and maybe pick up taylor later

Like them both but would not touch Jordan in the first, just not enough production for me, seems a project player BUT with a good upside, Personally I just go production over potential production. Taylor I like but RB is not a need

After the combine I see Jordan going in the top 15

1 person likes this

Not sure about Jordan in a 3-4.

His ideal position is a 34 OLB and he plays in a 34 right now. Numbers aren't as good as they could have been because he dropped into coverage a lot more this year.

1 person likes this

I think the other thing that hurt Jordan this year is he banged up a shoulder and missed some games and played hurt in other games.    Shoulder is not a good injury to play through.

As for Taylor....   we need to see how he tests at the Combine.    No one at Stanford is quite sure what kind of athlete he is.   The Vick Ballard comparison is probably pretty good, though, he's probably a bit smaller.

But here is what Taylor is, no matter what kind of athlete.   He's got a huge heart.   And he good at almost everything.   

He makes few mistakes.   He can block as a pass protector.   He can catch out of the backfield.   He can run between the tackles better than most backs his size.   The question is...  how much can he run **outside** the tackles.   Not very much is the likely answer.      He may not be an eventual starter in the NFL,  but he should be a quality back-up at the worst.

I like Stanfords OLB Trent Murphy in the third round as well. This guy has been a force all year for Stanford

We have a Big Need at RB.

After 4 years D Brown is a Bust.

Dion Jordan at #1 is a good pick. We Must get a Pass Rusher somewhere.

Or Xavier Rhodes.