Photo

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 House

House
  • 7110 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Within the last few days or so, I've noticed sometimes people would quote something I've said, and it wouldn't show up in my notifications.

Is this a little bug with the latest update, or is it just a few isolated incidences?
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 13091 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Mine sometimes show up....sometimes do.....they are supposed to also show up in personal email.....same thing.  Sometimes I get notification....sometimes not.  I sometimes wonder if I only get the emails when 'following' a topic or post.  I have the same problems House!!  :)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#3 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 18332 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

interesting but not with me

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#4 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14236 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Sorry for the notification glitch buddy, but no I have not experienced any problems. Chalk it up to temper mental computer cyberspace House. Hang in there pal!  

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#5 House

House
  • 7110 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Sorry for the notification glitch buddy, but no I have not experienced any problems. Chalk it up to temper mental computer cyberspace House. Hang in there pal!

Luckily most come through. I would estimate for every 10 notifications I would miss about 2 of them.

And the only reason I know that is because I stalk threads lmao.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#6 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 13091 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Luckily most come through. I would estimate for every 10 notifications I would miss about 2 of them.

And the only reason I know that is because I stalk threads lmao.

The term 'follow' would have sufficed buddy!  HA HA!

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#7 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 8096 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Within the last few days or so, I've noticed sometimes people would quote something I've said, and it wouldn't show up in my notifications.

Is this a little bug with the latest update, or is it just a few isolated incidences?

We had the site upgraded and Mac said he noticed this........he thought it maybe happened when posts of his that were made prior to the upgrade were quoted.

I have not been noticing it but, if you see a recent post that gets quoted but not included in your notifications, let me know which one.

IMPORTANT GAME DAY POSTING: On Game days, you can post about the game in the GAME DAY FORUM http://forums.colts....e/game_day.html or in the chat room Game talk in the Colts Forum will be locked during the game. Post game discussion threads: You can create them, please have a clear title. redundant threads will be merged or locked Let's keep this joint organized

#8 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

We had the site upgraded and Mac said he noticed this........he thought it maybe happened when posts of his that were made prior to the upgrade were quoted.

I have not been noticing it but, if you see a recent post that gets quoted but not included in your notifications, let me know which one.

You might be wondering why I didn't answer this myself. Call it "the sad state of the middle age brain". Forgot all about this. Even reading your answer I did all but say "Mac, who's Mac?" :lol:

But you are absolutely correct, and I haven't had any further issues since "figuring it out".

#9 House

House
  • 7110 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Will do.

It was recent posts I believe, though I'm not sure when exactly the site updated lol.

Edit: I want to preface too, that I'm not complaining about it or anything, just wanted to make you all aware of a possible problem :)

#10 Callie

Callie
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

I haven't run into this at all, but I wanted to commet and say this is the only message board I've ever been on that gives you a nice little notification about quoted posts!

#11 House

House
  • 7110 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Okay Bloodonthetracks quoted a post of mine in the "team phrases I hate" thread and it didn't show up in my notifications.

Both posts were from today.

#12 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 13091 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Okay Bloodonthetracks quoted a post of mine in the "team phrases I hate" thread and it didn't show up in my notifications.

Both posts were from today.

None of Jay Kirks have shown as notifications.in the Indiana Basketball thread.....only likes show.  The only time I see quted posts is in the game-day thread...do not get notif. for other quotes...I just find them.

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#13 House

House
  • 7110 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

None of Jay Kirks have shown as notifications.in the Indiana Basketball thread.....only likes show. The only time I see quted posts is in the game-day thread...do not get notif. for other quotes...I just find them.

I got the notification for you quoting me right here at least haha

#14 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 13091 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

I got the notification for you quoting me right here at least haha

Yours showed as a "reply" notification.  It did not show as a "quoted post."  Quoted posts show in my email too....just a reply....on this one.  If I was not 'following' the topic, I would not have known you replied......so there is a glitch some way I think....

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#15 House

House
  • 7110 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Yours showed as a "reply" notification. It did not show as a "quoted post." Quoted posts show in my email too....just a reply....on this one. If I was not 'following' the topic, I would not have known you replied......so there is a glitch some way I think....
Really?

That is weird. I access the site primarily from my phone, but both times you quoted me, it said you quoted me.

I'm not sure if me using the mobile version effects that though.

The 'like' came through as well lol.

#16 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 13091 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Really?

That is weird. I access the site primarily from my phone, but both times you quoted me, it said you quoted me.

I'm not sure if me using the mobile version effects that though.

The 'like' came through as well lol.

I had to give you a like....:)  Yes the notification read "House has replied to....."  That is how mine show....very rarely does one say "House has quoted a post...."  Strange.....

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#17 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Whoops, noticed one for the first time since we initially spoke about this. No notification, just stumbled across it.

http://forums.colts....curse/?p=395443

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      27 Nov
    T Y Goodbye

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words. I just got home from the hospital right before midnight Thanksgiving, so I can be home with family. I'm still not totally recovered, but they are trying a different and stronger IV med, to hopefully kick this out for good...Love you all!

Show comments (5)
View All Updates