Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Redding/Johnson no go for Sunday

Phil J

And also utilize play action way better.Try a faking stretch running play, I think it would work. Exactly as Houston did on the second play against us two weeks ago. Haven't seen enough play action or mixing plays up. As of now, we are way too predictive and it doesn't benefit especially Luck when not given the time to throw the ball.

Doable, he had three against us the last game. He's a exciting player, if not for ending the season against the Colts, I would have cheered for him to break it.

Well he got 3 on Luck and he only dropped back to pass, what? 22 times or something? If he's gonna drop back 30+ times then yes it could very well happen.

Good, rest them for the important game 2 weeks from now.

AQ and Justice out too, that probably spells 3 quarters at most for Luck. Don't want this kid to get his head taken off.

Play to win, but it's not looking good. Oh well, onto the playoffs!

Whats your source? I'm not seeing this.

Well he got 3 on Luck and he only dropped back to pass, what? 22 times or something? If he's gonna drop back 30+ times then yes it could very well happen.

Agreed. He torched us last time. Absolute beast. And 23 years old. That's just scary.

Agreed. He torched us last time. Absolute beast. And 23 years old. That's just scary.

Do you think the Colts gameplan will be to drop back 30+ times to pass? I mean I understand not laying down for us but, last game of the season & everything locked up, I see Luck handing the ball off a lot.

Do you think the Colts gameplan will be to drop back 30+ times to pass? I mean I understand not laying down for us but, last game of the season & everything locked up, I see Luck handing the ball off a lot.

On the other hand, both Delone Carter and Donald Brown are out, so it would hurt a lot too if Ballard got hurt, and that has been the gameplan all year. So yes, I think we play it to win it, and I don't think Pagano wants our momentum taken away. I could be wrong. Just hope we utilizes play action a little better, that'll give him perhaps a second more for the play to develop.

He dropped back 34 times in the previous game. You said 22 earlier.

I agree that Watt could get there, but I'm hoping we run the ball a good amount. I don't care whether he breaks it against us or not, but I would like to see us a) keep him from dominating the game again, and b) win.

Wow, people sound like they did before the GB game. We had a banged up Freeney then and not much at CB. If we have the kind of emotion we did in that game I do like our chances. But, if we lose we lose. We are tough to get by at home so we'll see.

Tom James@TribStarTJames

Colts Sunday game availability Part 2: Probable- Freeman, Luck. Good to go-Mathis, Freeney.

Colts Sunday game availability: Out-Carter, Satele, AJohnson, Redding. Ques.-Avery, Zbikowski, Shipley, Conner, Justice, Williams.

Colts Friday practice report Part2: Full-Freeman, Luck, Mathis, Freeney.

Colts Friday practice report Part1:DNP-Carter, Satele, AJohnson, Redding. Avery. Ltd.-Zbikowski. Full-Shipley, Conner, Justice, TWilliams.

You can tell it's Week 17 with glance at injury report. #colts list 14 players, Houston lists 21.

Pagano: don't see Andrew Luck wearing down. every player is tired this time of year. You play through it. Luck's arm might be little tired

Pagano: Redding has "pretty significant" quad strain, but he should be OK for playoffs.

Mike Chappell@mchappell51 Pagano: Redding (quad) should be fine for the playoffs

#Colts Pagano: Andrew Luck is no more worn down than anyone else. Everybody's a little tired and nicked up. Sure his arm is a little tired.

Pagano at the podium: Carter, AJohnson, Satele, Redding will not play Sunday. Everybody else is game-time decision.

A lot of them will play even if tired or banged up.

But, it does sound like Redding CAN'T likely play which is a shame. I have no doubt he likely plays next weekend with his history this season fighting through injuries, but definitely this is a case where if a guy is hurt then sit him. A few others I don't know as much about since I can't find anything in detail on them.