Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2013 Home & Away Opponents

Coltswarriors

Tweeted by Mike Chappell:

Home: Texans, Jags, Titans, Broncos, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, & either Dolphins or Jets (depending on this weekends games)

Away: Texans, Jags, Titans, Chiefs, Chargers, Cardinals, 49ers, & Bengals

Really glad to see we have Seattle at home. Seattle is a tough place to play. I could see us going 12-4 next year and winning the division. I know it's super early, but I can!

I knew the Sea/Rams and SF/AZ would be paired up, but I was thinking SF/AZ were going to be in Indy.  I agree - we caught a major break not having to go to Sea.  I'm not predicting our W/L record, but I will predict that we'll get 4 primetime games.

Hosting Den and Peyton's return will be an obvious SNF game.  Could be in early Nov like the Colts/Pats games of the past.  The Thurs night game on NFLN will either be a division opponent or maybe @ Cincy.  The SF or Sea is probably another SNF game (pick your storyline - Lucks/Harbs reunion in Cali or a matchup of the young guns Luck/Wilson in Indy).  We'll also get a MNF game - maybe against Hou if they don't play us on a Thurs. 

I knew the Sea/Rams and SF/AZ would be paired up, but I was thinking SF/AZ were going to be in Indy.  I agree - we caught a major break not having to go to Sea.  I'm not predicting our W/L record, but I will predict that we'll get 4 primetime games.

Hosting Den and Peyton's return will be an obvious SNF game.  Could be in early Nov like the Colts/Pats games of the past.  The Thurs night game on NFLN will either be a division opponent or maybe @ Cincy.  The SF or Sea is probably another SNF game (pick your storyline - Lucks/Harbs reunion in Cali or a matchup of the young guns Luck/Wilson in Indy).  We'll also get a MNF game - maybe against Hou if they don't play us on a Thurs. 

For Luck, it is probably SNF vs Peyton at home, TNF vs division opponent (hopefully not Texans), and could be MNF game at SF. I see 3 primetime games for Luck the upcoming season.

Peyton's road schedule is quite the line up - at Indy, at Houston (2 AFC South road games), at Foxboro, at Cowboys, at Giants (2 NFC East road games), in addition to his divisional road games. It would be nice to get Peyton and the Broncos here following one of the above road games for the Broncos but we will see how they spread it out.

I'm glad we don't have to play at Seattle. I'm also glad that Peyton gets a homecoming. That is sure to be an emotional game. Hopefully he gets a standing ovation. I think with the right moves in the offseason, we should be able to make the playoffs again. This season, I didn't expect much, but we win the winnable, now if we can grow and mature, we will be in good shape.

For Luck, it is probably SNF vs Peyton at home, TNF vs division opponent (hopefully not Texans), and could be MNF game at SF. I see 3 primetime games for Luck the upcoming season.

Peyton's road schedule is quite the line up - at Indy, at Houston (2 AFC South road games), at Foxboro, at Cowboys, at Giants (2 NFC East road games), in addition to his divisional road games. It would be nice to get Peyton and the Broncos here following one of the above road games for the Broncos but we will see how they spread it out.

Going to SF for MNF would be tough.  If that happens, I hope we have a bye the following week.  They stuck it to us in 2009 when we had back to back road primetimers against Mia and AZ - we still won, but damn that was brutal.

Wow - Peyton does have a tough road schedule! 

agree on the Colts primetime schedule

and

ouch to the Bronco's road schedule

Going to SF for MNF would be tough.  If that happens, I hope we have a bye the following week.  They stuck it to us in 2009 when we had back to back road primetimers against Mia and AZ - we still won, but damn that was brutal.

Wow - Peyton does have a tough road schedule! 

The big TV networks always liked putting Peyton on the road because he won home games comfortably, according to them.

Going to SF for MNF may not be bad for Luck and the Colts, if we had Jags or Titans to come back home to, IMO, with possibly a 4:15 p.m. ET time slot in the next game.

Those two matchups are huge next year, both with media and W's. Will really test us.

Home: Texans, Jags, Titans, Broncos, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, & either Dolphins or Jets (depending on this weekends games)

Really glad to see we have Seattle at home. Seattle is a tough place to play. I could see us going 12-4 next year and winning the division. I know it's super early, but I can!

Tougher schedule but not brutal...No GB, no New England..I agree obvioiusly about Seattle and Denver, much better to not play them in Denver....

This is a pretty good schedule..but there's no way to tell how we'll do until we find out who we have on our team and what order do we play these teams in...

Tougher schedule but not brutal...No GB, no New England..I agree obvioiusly about Seattle and Denver, much better to not play them in Denver....

This is a pretty good schedule..but there's no way to tell how we'll do until we find out who we have on our team and what order do we play these teams in...

Agreed. What worries me is, we are up against pretty good defenses in Broncos, Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, 49'ers, Texans... Dat O-line needa get fixed.

Part of me hopes the Indy/Denver game is week 1. Just to get it out the way..  If it's week 8, you know there will be threads all off season, and training camp, and then the next week 7 weeks. Just get it out of the way. 

Yeah, I agree. But you know that's going to be a night game, probably mid season. You can imagine the talking heads will be in a frenzy that week. "Student vs Master", etc.

That's one game I don't want to even attempt to get a ticket.

I agree, but I expect the League to milk it...

Of course

Yeah, I agree. But you know that's going to be a night game, probably mid season. You can imagine the talking heads will be in a frenzy that week. "Student vs Master", etc.

That's one game I don't want to even attempt to get a ticket.

I would say it will be mid-season too...This place will be a zoo.

This is wrong. In 2009, Colts played at home vs. Seattle and at Arizona. Next year we will play at Seattle and at home vs. Arizona.

Yep, Colts & Texans both get Seattle on the road...that should be...interesting. 

Yes, will be interesting to see how all three teams respond next year. I'll be at the Seattle game because I live on the west coast. Off topic, but did you think Houston's running game,particularly Foster regresed a little this year? Had him and AJ on my FF team so watched a lot of games and didn't see the same consistent explosiveness from Foster. Maybe on the OL some?

I looked into going to the KC game this year. I could get tickets for $25 each. There was lots of them. I glad I didn't go with temp at kick off at 29 degrees. Wife hates to cold and would'nt have enjoyed it.

Next year I think if the KC game is early enough I'd like to go. Road games are a blast. Wife and I went to Jacksonville 3 or 4 years ago to a Thursday night game. We had a blast. Sat behind some Dallas and Saints fans from North Carolina on their way to the Dallas vs Saints game. They were making a week of it I guess. They were a blast. This was the year that both the Colts and Saints were 13-0. The Saints fan kept telling us that after that week only the Saints would be 14-0 after every Jags score. The Dallas fan keep saying the Colts would be the only 14-0 team. Also Planning on going to the Denver game to see Peyton 1 more time. I bet Ursay puts Peyton in the ring of honor that day.

This is wrong. In 2009, Colts played at home vs. Seattle and at Arizona. Next year we will play at Seattle and at home vs. Arizona.

For divisions with multiple WC teams (AFC west and NFC west), the league changed the groupings in 2010.  SD is grouped with KC, Oak is grouped with Den, SF is grouped with AZ, and StL is grouped with Sea.  It's east coast bias after the Pats complained about going out to the west coast 4 times in 2008.

Looking at the rotations for the AFC divisions who played the NFC west from 2010 to this year, I was thinking that we'd host SF and AZ and go to Sea and StL in 2013.  Either way, Indy and Hou are going to be paired up with SF/AZ and Sea/StL.

For divisions with multiple WC teams (AFC west and NFC west), the league changed the groupings in 2010.  SD is grouped with KC, Oak is grouped with Den, SF is grouped with AZ, and StL is grouped with Sea.  It's east coast bias after the Pats complained about going out to the west coast 4 times in 2008.

Looking at the rotations for the AFC divisions who played the NFC west from 2010 to this year, I was thinking that we'd host SF and AZ and go to Sea and StL in 2013.  Either way, Indy and Hou are going to be paired up with SF/AZ and Sea/StL.

I see...so guess I could be wrong. I didn't realize it was changed. So it's based on 2010 forward now...

Part of me hopes the Indy/Denver game is week 1. Just to get it out the way..  If it's week 8, you know there will be threads all off season, and training camp, and then the next week 7 weeks. Just get it out of the way. 

I hope it's week 17, speculation on the starters sitting in that game would be great.

Yes, will be interesting to see how all three teams respond next year. I'll be at the Seattle game because I live on the west coast. Off topic, but did you think Houston's running game,particularly Foster regresed a little this year? Had him and AJ on my FF team so watched a lot of games and didn't see the same consistent explosiveness from Foster. Maybe on the OL some?

Most say it's the o-line yes. 

I heard it's changed because they don't want teams going west too much or something. Even though Arizona is west, Seattle is farther west. That's why it's changed.

From the looks of it I'd safely bet my farm that I'll be at the houston game.

I'd LOVE to hit that niners game. My wife's originally from an hour south of there and our son (he's 19 now) is die hard niners. His face alone would be worh the costs.