•  

Photo

Colts 2013 Home & Away Opponents

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2053 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Tweeted by Mike Chappell:

Home: Texans, Jags, Titans, Broncos, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, & either Dolphins or Jets (depending on this weekends games)

Away: Texans, Jags, Titans, Chiefs, Chargers, Cardinals, 49ers, & Bengals

Really glad to see we have Seattle at home. Seattle is a tough place to play. I could see us going 12-4 next year and winning the division. I know it's super early, but I can!

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11364 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hosting Peyton too

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#3 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5817 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

oh boy we get to go to arrowhead 2 years in a row!  :clap:

#4 LJpalmbeacher

LJpalmbeacher
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Our away schedule is not bad.

#5 MarylandTerrapin

MarylandTerrapin
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I knew the Sea/Rams and SF/AZ would be paired up, but I was thinking SF/AZ were going to be in Indy.  I agree - we caught a major break not having to go to Sea.  I'm not predicting our W/L record, but I will predict that we'll get 4 primetime games.

Hosting Den and Peyton's return will be an obvious SNF game.  Could be in early Nov like the Colts/Pats games of the past.  The Thurs night game on NFLN will either be a division opponent or maybe @ Cincy.  The SF or Sea is probably another SNF game (pick your storyline - Lucks/Harbs reunion in Cali or a matchup of the young guns Luck/Wilson in Indy).  We'll also get a MNF game - maybe against Hou if they don't play us on a Thurs. 

The Most Interesting Colt Fan In The World - "Stay Thirsty Colt Fans"

#6 manning04

manning04
  • 828 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Alot of games i can see myself attending so thats good.

This post is brought to you today by Qdoba!

#7 chad72

chad72
  • 8425 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

I knew the Sea/Rams and SF/AZ would be paired up, but I was thinking SF/AZ were going to be in Indy.  I agree - we caught a major break not having to go to Sea.  I'm not predicting our W/L record, but I will predict that we'll get 4 primetime games.

Hosting Den and Peyton's return will be an obvious SNF game.  Could be in early Nov like the Colts/Pats games of the past.  The Thurs night game on NFLN will either be a division opponent or maybe @ Cincy.  The SF or Sea is probably another SNF game (pick your storyline - Lucks/Harbs reunion in Cali or a matchup of the young guns Luck/Wilson in Indy).  We'll also get a MNF game - maybe against Hou if they don't play us on a Thurs. 

For Luck, it is probably SNF vs Peyton at home, TNF vs division opponent (hopefully not Texans), and could be MNF game at SF. I see 3 primetime games for Luck the upcoming season.

Peyton's road schedule is quite the line up - at Indy, at Houston (2 AFC South road games), at Foxboro, at Cowboys, at Giants (2 NFC East road games), in addition to his divisional road games. It would be nice to get Peyton and the Broncos here following one of the above road games for the Broncos but we will see how they spread it out.

#8 Slick_Rick

Slick_Rick
  • 901 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

I'm glad we don't have to play at Seattle. I'm also glad that Peyton gets a homecoming. That is sure to be an emotional game. Hopefully he gets a standing ovation. I think with the right moves in the offseason, we should be able to make the playoffs again. This season, I didn't expect much, but we win the winnable, now if we can grow and mature, we will be in good shape.

#9 MarylandTerrapin

MarylandTerrapin
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

For Luck, it is probably SNF vs Peyton at home, TNF vs division opponent (hopefully not Texans), and could be MNF game at SF. I see 3 primetime games for Luck the upcoming season.

Peyton's road schedule is quite the line up - at Indy, at Houston (2 AFC South road games), at Foxboro, at Cowboys, at Giants (2 NFC East road games), in addition to his divisional road games. It would be nice to get Peyton and the Broncos here following one of the above road games for the Broncos but we will see how they spread it out.

Going to SF for MNF would be tough.  If that happens, I hope we have a bye the following week.  They stuck it to us in 2009 when we had back to back road primetimers against Mia and AZ - we still won, but damn that was brutal.

Wow - Peyton does have a tough road schedule! 

#10 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3195 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I think I'm gonna make the pilgrimage to LOS next year for the Broncos game.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#11 Colts20593

Colts20593
  • 483 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I know which game I'm going to next yr

#12 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11364 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

agree on the Colts primetime schedule

and

ouch to the Bronco's road schedule

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#13 chad72

chad72
  • 8425 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Going to SF for MNF would be tough.  If that happens, I hope we have a bye the following week.  They stuck it to us in 2009 when we had back to back road primetimers against Mia and AZ - we still won, but damn that was brutal.

Wow - Peyton does have a tough road schedule! 

The big TV networks always liked putting Peyton on the road because he won home games comfortably, according to them.

Going to SF for MNF may not be bad for Luck and the Colts, if we had Jags or Titans to come back home to, IMO, with possibly a 4:15 p.m. ET time slot in the next game.

#14 Maniq

Maniq
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Those two matchups are huge next year, both with media and W's. Will really test us.

#15 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13047 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Home: Texans, Jags, Titans, Broncos, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, & either Dolphins or Jets (depending on this weekends games)

Really glad to see we have Seattle at home. Seattle is a tough place to play. I could see us going 12-4 next year and winning the division. I know it's super early, but I can!

Tougher schedule but not brutal...No GB, no New England..I agree obvioiusly about Seattle and Denver, much better to not play them in Denver....

This is a pretty good schedule..but there's no way to tell how we'll do until we find out who we have on our team and what order do we play these teams in...

#16 Maniq

Maniq
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Tougher schedule but not brutal...No GB, no New England..I agree obvioiusly about Seattle and Denver, much better to not play them in Denver....

This is a pretty good schedule..but there's no way to tell how we'll do until we find out who we have on our team and what order do we play these teams in...

Agreed. What worries me is, we are up against pretty good defenses in Broncos, Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, 49'ers, Texans... Dat O-line needa get fixed.

#17 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Part of me hopes the Indy/Denver game is week 1. Just to get it out the way..  If it's week 8, you know there will be threads all off season, and training camp, and then the next week 7 weeks. Just get it out of the way. 

#18 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2265 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

100% hope's we get to see Peyton this postseason.
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#19 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6304 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Part of me hopes the Indy/Denver game is week 1. Just to get it out the way..  If it's week 8, you know there will be threads all off season, and training camp, and then the next week 7 weeks. Just get it out of the way. 

Yeah, I agree. But you know that's going to be a night game, probably mid season. You can imagine the talking heads will be in a frenzy that week. "Student vs Master", etc.

That's one game I don't want to even attempt to get a ticket.

#20 DarkHorseColts

DarkHorseColts
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

I agree, but I expect the League to milk it...

#21 DS3

DS3
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Great Article... I Can See 11-5 Next Year. (I Know It's Early)

#22 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

I agree, but I expect the League to milk it...

Of course

Yeah, I agree. But you know that's going to be a night game, probably mid season. You can imagine the talking heads will be in a frenzy that week. "Student vs Master", etc.

That's one game I don't want to even attempt to get a ticket.

I would say it will be mid-season too...This place will be a zoo.

#23 Larry Horseman

Larry Horseman
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

This is wrong. In 2009, Colts played at home vs. Seattle and at Arizona. Next year we will play at Seattle and at home vs. Arizona.

#24 Vance

Vance
  • 2463 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

This is wrong. In 2009, Colts played at home vs. Seattle and at Arizona. Next year we will play at Seattle and at home vs. Arizona.

Yep, Colts & Texans both get Seattle on the road...that should be...interesting. 

Houston Texans fan and realist. Sarcasm is etched into my DNA.

#25 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1769 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Count Broncos @ Colts. Monday Night Football.

#26 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 544 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

You are correct sir,i knew that it didnt seem right us playing arizona twice away in to match ups

#27 Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt
  • 1113 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hmmm, I may have to venture to my first Colts road game in Cincinnati next year. Not a bad schedule on paper.
No November game @ New England? Clearly must be a misprint :)

#28 Larry Horseman

Larry Horseman
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Yep, Colts & Texans both get Seattle on the road...that should be...interesting. 

Yes, will be interesting to see how all three teams respond next year. I'll be at the Seattle game because I live on the west coast. Off topic, but did you think Houston's running game,particularly Foster regresed a little this year? Had him and AJ on my FF team so watched a lot of games and didn't see the same consistent explosiveness from Foster. Maybe on the OL some?

#29 Timo1

Timo1
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I looked into going to the KC game this year. I could get tickets for $25 each. There was lots of them. I glad I didn't go with temp at kick off at 29 degrees. Wife hates to cold and would'nt have enjoyed it.
Next year I think if the KC game is early enough I'd like to go. Road games are a blast. Wife and I went to Jacksonville 3 or 4 years ago to a Thursday night game. We had a blast. Sat behind some Dallas and Saints fans from North Carolina on their way to the Dallas vs Saints game. They were making a week of it I guess. They were a blast. This was the year that both the Colts and Saints were 13-0. The Saints fan kept telling us that after that week only the Saints would be 14-0 after every Jags score. The Dallas fan keep saying the Colts would be the only 14-0 team. Also Planning on going to the Denver game to see Peyton 1 more time. I bet Ursay puts Peyton in the ring of honor that day.

#30 MarylandTerrapin

MarylandTerrapin
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

For divisions with multiple WC teams (AFC west and NFC west), the league changed the groupings in 2010.  SD is grouped with KC, Oak is grouped with Den, SF is grouped with AZ, and StL is grouped with Sea.  It's east coast bias after the Pats complained about going out to the west coast 4 times in 2008.

Looking at the rotations for the AFC divisions who played the NFC west from 2010 to this year, I was thinking that we'd host SF and AZ and go to Sea and StL in 2013.  Either way, Indy and Hou are going to be paired up with SF/AZ and Sea/StL.

#31 Larry Horseman

Larry Horseman
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

For divisions with multiple WC teams (AFC west and NFC west), the league changed the groupings in 2010.  SD is grouped with KC, Oak is grouped with Den, SF is grouped with AZ, and StL is grouped with Sea.  It's east coast bias after the Pats complained about going out to the west coast 4 times in 2008.

Looking at the rotations for the AFC divisions who played the NFC west from 2010 to this year, I was thinking that we'd host SF and AZ and go to Sea and StL in 2013.  Either way, Indy and Hou are going to be paired up with SF/AZ and Sea/StL.

I see...so guess I could be wrong. I didn't realize it was changed. So it's based on 2010 forward now...

#32 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7100 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Seattle IN INDY? Score!!!! You do not want to play there. Obviously.

I thought we had to go there and SF. I would rather got to SF then Seattle.

BTW Luck vs. Harbaugh should be fun too. :)

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

#33 RealityIsLuck

RealityIsLuck
  • 602 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

So glad Seattle and Denver are at home. We really lucked out there   :blueshoe:

In Grigson I trust. 

#34 ALuck>RG3

ALuck>RG3
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Yes away at 49ers I will definitely be at that game

#35 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3195 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

I hope it's week 17, speculation on the starters sitting in that game would be great.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#36 Vance

Vance
  • 2463 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Yes, will be interesting to see how all three teams respond next year. I'll be at the Seattle game because I live on the west coast. Off topic, but did you think Houston's running game,particularly Foster regresed a little this year? Had him and AJ on my FF team so watched a lot of games and didn't see the same consistent explosiveness from Foster. Maybe on the OL some?

Most say it's the o-line yes. 

Houston Texans fan and realist. Sarcasm is etched into my DNA.

#37 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2053 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

I heard it's changed because they don't want teams going west too much or something. Even though Arizona is west, Seattle is farther west. That's why it's changed.

#38 subvet

subvet

Stand by....

• 1158 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Really kind of sad not having the Pats on the schedule, except for 2002 they have played every year since 1970.

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway-John Wayne

gallery_3_63_39724.jpg

#39 Hendo12

Hendo12
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

From the looks of it I'd safely bet my farm that I'll be at the houston game.

I'd LOVE to hit that niners game. My wife's originally from an hour south of there and our son (he's 19 now) is die hard niners. His face alone would be worh the costs.
A Wolfpack Of One

#40 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12909 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

For whatever reason they swapped zone and Seattle we are due to go out to Seattle and zona is due to come here based on the last time we played the west but this works in our favor. Seattle is not the same team on the road.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates