Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thank You Colts

crazyrob

I've been a member of the various forums for many years now, but I don't post much at all anymore.  When Coach Pagano was diagnosed with Leukemia, I was saddened like many fans and cheered him on for a complete recovery.  Little did I know at the time that I'd be receiving my own diagnosis of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in a few short months.

I was admitted to the hospital on December 6th and transferred to the IU Simon Cancer Center on December 7th.  Coach Pagano's battle turned from something I followed in the news to something I was living.  His words about living in your vision and not in your circumstances is something I grabbed on to right away.  Like him, I have two daughters that I will walk down the aisle.  I will also see my son grow up, and will take him to Colts games.  My vision is one of remission, of growing old with my wife, and my circumstances of a leukemeia diagnosis is not what defines me.

I am a season ticket holder, and have friends with season tickets as well.  Two of my friends decided to auction off their tickets for the Houston game to help out my family  Even though they didn't have to, the Colts ticket office offered to upgrade the tickets so that more money could be raised.  I know football is a business, but I also know the Colts are active in the community and care about fans.

Thank you to the Colts Organization and Mr. Irsay for running a compassionate franchise.  Thank you for hiring a coach that is an inspiration in the face of adversity.  Thank you to the ticket office for graciously giving upgraded seats, so that more money could be raised.  I couldn't be prouder to be a Colts fan and I look forward to a vision of long term remission for both Coach and I that includes multiple Lombardis ;)

Rob, my nephew got through it at Riley when 1 year old.  Chuck Pagano is in remission, so in the process of beating this foe.  I KNOW that Crazyrob can battle through this as well.  Good luck to you and your family!  This crazy old Colts fan is saying all the prayers he can for you!!!  You will beat it.....just like   Chuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been a member of the various forums for many years now, but I don't post much at all anymore. When Coach Pagano was diagnosed with Leukemia, I was saddened like many fans and cheered him on for a complete recovery. Little did I know at the time that I'd be receiving my own diagnosis of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in a few short months.

I was admitted to the hospital on December 6th and transferred to the IU Simon Cancer Center on December 7th. Coach Pagano's battle turned from something I followed in the news to something I was living. His words about living in your vision and not in your circumstances is something I grabbed on to right away. Like him, I have two daughters that I will walk down the aisle. I will also see my son grow up, and will take him to Colts games. My vision is one of remission, of growing old with my wife, and my circumstances of a leukemeia diagnosis is not what defines me.

I am a season ticket holder, and have friends with season tickets as well. Two of my friends decided to auction off their tickets for the Houston game to help out my family Even though they didn't have to, the Colts ticket office offered to upgrade the tickets so that more money could be raised. I know football is a business, but I also know the Colts are active in the community and care about fans.

Thank you to the Colts Organization and Mr. Irsay for running a compassionate franchise. Thank you for hiring a coach that is an inspiration in the face of adversity. Thank you to the ticket office for graciously giving upgraded seats, so that more money could be raised. I couldn't be prouder to be a Colts fan and I look forward to a vision of long term remission for both Coach and I that includes multiple Lombardis ;)

I commend you for your bravery. You don't have to be famous to be an inspiration to the masses. Your positive attitude and resolve in the face of such adversity is beyond admirable. I wish you and your family the very best throughout these trying times. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Here's to wishing you a complete and speedy recovery!

I commend you for your bravery. You don't have to be famous to be an inspiration to the masses. Your positive attitude and resolve in the face of such adversity is beyond admirable. I wish you and your family the very best throughout these trying times. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Here's to wishing you a complete and speedy recovery!

Can't say it much better than that. Good luck Rob!

You can beat this, just follow the doctors orders and keep the great attitude!

I know a guy who's recently been diagnosed with cancer but he's still working because he can't get workmanship comp for some reason. IMO his focus should be on beating this thing 100%. It's total crap he can't receive the assistance he deserves.

Crazyrob you will fight through this thing! ColtsNation is behind you 100% I have had my #CHUCKSTRONG bracelet on since November and have not taken it off since I first put it on. I will not take it off now! Here's to a speedy recovery sir, and God Bless You! :thmsup:

Thank you everyone for the kinds words!  It looks like I left out a big thank you in my original post, which is a thank you to the Colts fans.  I was discharged on Saturday and got to watch the Colts kick some Texan butt from my own couch.  What a game!  I still have once a month chemo for 7 months, but continue to be confident that I will be cured.

While at IU Simon Cancer Center, I had the honor of being interviewed as part of Coach Pagano's return to the sideline.  The special on coach should air on Sunday.  I'm not sure if it will air as part of pre-game or separately on NFL network, but if you see a nearly bald guy with an Andrew Luck jersey on, that's me ;).