Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We should lose on Sunday...

bap1331

and rest our players...

This game has no meaning to us since we already made the playoffs, the only meaning it has is the record. A win would give the Patriots home field advantage throughout the playoffs unless the face the Broncos in the championship.

A loss gives us a run against the Ravens and a third shot at the Texans if we make it to divisionals. Which will be a lot safer route to face Peyton in the AFC Championship...lol.

Or we could win, face the tough Ravens and trap ourselves in Gillete stadium with the Pats...

Lets do the right thing. I have have a good feeling about this run this year. Pagano coming back only makes us Chuckstronger...lol.

We hung with the Pats till that 3rd quarter, ya know what I see when I look at that Secondary? No Ty Law, That team can be thrown on if we can get our O Line to look like.....well an O Line, Dont turn the ball over and force a turnover and we can hang with them to the end, I know its very unlikely we can beat them this year in NE but I still have a NASTY taste in my mouth

We hung with the Pats till that 3rd quarter, ya know what I see when I look at that Secondary? No Ty Law, That team can be thrown on if we can get our O Line to look like.....well an O Line, Dont turn the ball over and force a turnover and we can hang with them to the end, I know its very unlikely we can beat them this year in NE but I still have a NASTY taste in my mouth

Pats defense has regressed a bit recently. The 49ers tore them up, even Jacksonville massed 400 and something yards on them. They look like the same old Pats defense for the last few years that just gets shredded to pieces.

Pats defense has regressed a bit recently. The 49ers tore them up, even Jacksonville massed 400 and something yards on them. They look like the same old Pats defense for the last few years that just gets shredded to pieces.

I could least care about the defense...im worried about the offense.

The only gameplan to win the game would be to run the ball the whole game with a healthy runningback core...

Something similar to what the Dolphins did against us with Peyton on Monday Night Football...

They kept Peyton out of the game for 55 minutes of 60. Peyton still managed to win the game. But Brady has been known to choke recently.

if we lose Sunday, Luck ain't winning Rookie of the Year. I really really hope he wins it.

I dont want Lucks career to be all about awards and no Super Bowls like Peyton...

All those awards do is curse the players just like the Madden Cover...

MVPs dont win Super Bowls, and the media will always be the media. And right now they are drooling all over RG3...

Or we could win, face the tough Ravens and trap ourselves in Gillete stadium with the Pats...

Only if the Bengals beat the Texans would we wind up in New England.

Think about it like this: the playoff game is only a week away, possibly next Saturday.  Enjoy two games of football while you can.  It's a long wait until August. 

We can't let perhaps the youngest and most inexperienced team in the NFL rest. They aren't NFL vets that know what the playoffs are like.

Luck and the young guys need as much practice as they can get before the playoffs. Can't afford to rest him now. 

Gotta play Luck... He wasn't hurt this year, and he won't be hurt next game.

Coach Pagano has already said he won't rest the starters !!!  I hope we don't, like Reggie said, we're too young to rest.  Our guys need all the playing time they can get.  We need the momentum going into the playoffs.  GOOOOOO Colts !!!!!!!!   :blueshoe:

I disagree! You play to win and not to lose. Thousands of Colts fan will be in the Stadium and they are not going to Lucas Oil to see the team losing. Luck and the other guys as well needs every snap to improve and gain experience. I don't want Luck to get killed either but to be honest if you think like that you have to rest him for the whole season with such an inconsistent Offensive Line...

and rest our players...

This game has no meaning to us since we already made the playoffs, the only meaning it has is the record. A win would give the Patriots home field advantage throughout the playoffs unless the face the Broncos in the championship.

A loss gives us a run against the Ravens and a third shot at the Texans if we make it to divisionals. Which will be a lot safer route to face Peyton in the AFC Championship...lol.

Lets do the right thing. I have have a good feeling about this run this year. Pagano coming back only makes us Chuckstronger...lol.

Thee goal of a team is to win every game no matter what. These Colts don't know the meaning of quit...so why give up a game, give up momentum, and end up teaching this team that its ok to lose...We can win against anyone any given day..Sure, it might be harder going to Foxboro, but this team has overcome adversity before, and can do it again. Any given Sunday, any team can win, that's why they play the game..

I want us to play to win but I think we will lose this game because the Texans have not lost 2 in a row the entire season.

But then, we have NEVER lost 2 games in a row this season.

So, I am going on a whim and saying that we lose to the Texans on Sunday, but we win our first playoff game!!! :)

Would you take that? I would.

Per Rotoworld (why I go there? I dunno)

"I don't see Andrew Luck wearing down. Every player is tired this time of year. You play through it," said Pagano. In six games since Week 10, Luck has failed to complete more than 54.1 percent of his passes in a single game and hasn't completed 50 percent of his passes in four straight weeks. The Colts are heading into Week 17 to take on the Texans, and they won't rest their starters, even though the numbers show that Luck could probably use a breather.

I'm telling you guys, my spider senses are going off, It would go a long way towards increasing the odds of a playoff win if Luck got a break.

Scoring on NE is the least of our problems, imo.  I have no doubt that when operating on all cylinders the Colts Offense can put up points on the Pats defense.  But what I want to know is how will the Colts defense slow down New England's offense?.  That short passing game of Brady's just eats them up.  I don't want to see the Patriots any sooner than we have to but I'm not in favor of laying down this week to avoid playing anyone.  I know that you were not implying that the Colts lay down Gav, I just wanted to state that given the title of this thread.

Besides the fact that Pagano has already been widely quoted for several days as saying we'll play to win (which raises the question as to why this thread was even created):

- Luck needs to practice long throws to 6-foot-tall, not 8-foot receivers  :)

- The D needs to play a game with Pags essentially running the D

- This is a young team and the healthy players need reps

And - perhaps most importantly, how could we even consider PLAYING TO LOSE, in Pags return, in our last home game of the season, after the extraordinary year we've had?????????    Remember how well playing to lose worked for us 2 years ago?  

Seriously people, you have to accept that we're going FULL Force. Pagano has said so. You have 2 Days to accept it. No one is Resting. If you're Healthy, you're Playing. Simple

Agree TK what is so hard about what Coach Pagano said that people don't understand or maybe they don't want to. :sigh: