Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Teddy Williams Realize His Potential?

atapcl

Pro Football Weekly published an article on the Colts grooming Teddy Williams. He is listed as 6-1 and around 200lbs. He is said to run a sub 4.3 forty with a 43" vertical leap. They state that UFL officials said he was the best player in their league. An article in the Star News hinted that he is the fastest player on the Colts roster and possibly the fastest in the NFL. He was the fastest runner in the world for a few months until Usain Bolt broke his 100 meter record. His negatives are that he can not seem to stay healthy (he is injured now), he never played college football, he played offense in high school. The Cowboys tried grooming him as a cb but released him from training camp where he went to the UFL. The Colts thought enough of him to put him on the active roster instead of taking a chance with him on the practice squad. Maybe he has the potential to win a starting cb job next year making Powers expendable. 

Well he was a WR/CB/KR so definitely a player worth keeping if he can stay healthy.  Fastest in the NFL huh?  Wish the Pro Bowl still did the All-Star challenges or whatever they were.  He could compete in the fastest man competition 

Now, the fastest man competition in the NFL is something I would Pay to see.

I would so pay to see that...I miss the Superstars competition they used to have as well, pitting athletes from all sports, both pro and amateur.

I remember when Darrell Green used to win the fastest man almost every year, even when he was an old man...he was one of the greatest athletes I ever saw that maintained his greatness for many years.

I would love to see a race between Williams, Holliday, Hilton, Chris Johnson, and Mike Wallace...

I would so pay to see that...I miss the Superstars competition they used to have as well, pitting athletes from all sports, both pro and amateur.

I remember when Darrell Green used to win the fastest man almost every year, even when he was an old man...he was one of the greatest athletes I ever saw that maintained his greatness for many years.

I would love to see a race between Williams, Holliday, Hilton, Chris Johnson, and Mike Wallace...

Hershell Walker and Willie Gault always thought they were the fastest and Darrell Green would just walk up and blow them away.  I loved it.  I truly believe he was the fastest guy to ever play in the NFL.

The special on tv "You Don't Know Bo" reports (and I have read this before) that Bo had the fastest combine time ever of 4.12.  I don't know why Chris Johnson and Deion Sanders are given credit for the fastest, but anyone who ever saw Bo Jackson can believe it.

neither of those guys are faster than desean Jackson.

With such little experience, why would you try to make him a corner back? It's only one of the hardest positions to play. IMO WR or KR is a much better fit.

I thought the same thing.  It is hard enough to teach routes to good college wide receivers, and good college defensive schemes to DBs.  My guess is Grigs must see something in this speedster.  

I guess that just makes one wish they had 'just a little more speed,' a little better arm......a little bit extra to make the pros.......I guess a  :sigh: or  :slaphead: is in order......... :)  "Hey I am fast....I am going to be an NFL corner!"

I thought the same thing. It is hard enough to teach routes to good college wide receivers, and good college defensive schemes to DBs. My guess is Grigs must see something in this speedster.

I guess that just makes one wish they had 'just a little more speed,' a little better arm......a little bit extra to make the pros.......I guess a :sigh: or :slaphead: is in order......... :) "Hey I am fast....I am going to be an NFL corner!"

Yeah I'd start slow with KR duties, hoping he can at least protect the football.

Throw Giordano in there.  He's wicked fast. 

Pagano could morph him into a Good CB. He's already fast. Just work on his Coverage & Ball Skills and we got ourselves a CB

It's a skill position. Sure, speed helps but it's a small part of the position. It's like saying every big guy (Link) could play LT if they could just develop foot work and technique.

I don't know if Williams can turn his hips or track a WR. Not to mention tackle. If he can work out as a KR or gunner, that's a plus.

It's a skill position. Sure, speed helps but it's a small part of the position. It's like saying every big guy (Link) could play LT if they could just develop foot work and technique.

I don't know if Williams can turn his hips or track a WR. Not to mention tackle. If he can work out as a KR or gunner, that's a plus.

We have to at least give him a chance at it. If it doesn't work out then sure put him at KR that'll give TY Hilton more time to rest. Use Teddy & Deji Karim as KR/PR

We have to at least give him a chance at it. If it doesn't work out then sure put him at KR that'll give TY Hilton more time to rest. Use Teddy & Deji Karim as KR/PR

Don't you think he's getting reps at practice, and if the coaches think he can play that they'd put him in?

Remember, he couldn't start in the UFL. If he really has potential I hope they keep him on the team and work with him in the offseason.

I wonder if he's one of those "fast twitch" guys, very fast but also very prone to injury?