Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Foot in Mouth Award

PrincetonTiger

That's just offensive, and perhaps even more unethical than what the Saints were charged with. If I were Mitchell I'd want to hit him, but of course he's probably outweighed by a couple of hundred pounds at this point. Perhaps hire someone to break his finger? :)

Brown says Mitchell was playing badly and he wanted his teammate out of the game.   Says he told the Lions Center, Kevin Glover, what he was going to do and he did it...

Let the DE he was playing opposite get around him to blast his quarterback.    He says he didn't expect Mitchell to get hurt (which he did)...   but just knocked out of the game.

What Brown did is reprehensible.    But saying it,  even nearly 20 years later as he did,  is just astoundingly stupid.   It has hurt him more than he thought.    I don't think he knew the S*** storm that would be coming his way as a result,  but it is.  

Brown is apologizing all over the place and says he will reach out to Mitchell man to man...

The irony of all this is Brown has long had a reputation as a good guy,  as a classy guy, as a guy you'd want as a teammate.

All blown up in the amount of a few seconds it took for him to say what he said.    Now -- poof! -- all gone.  It's one of the worst self-inflicted wounds I can ever recall.

Here's the story, with video from Brown:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8783859/lomas-brown-former-detroit-lions-offensive-lineman-current-espn-analyst-regrets-allowing-injury-scott-mitchell

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000117470/article/scott-mitchell-slams-lomas-brown-for-missed-block-claim

Personally I wouldn't want a guy like that on my team, I dont care how many pro bowls he has been to but in fairness I am sure it still goes on today

"lookout' blocks...  

This happens all the time, ...     it did 30 years ago and I guarantee it is still happening.

Big Joe comments on this....   about 2/3 through...  Segment 4

http://www.1070thefan.com/podcast/Episodes.aspx?PID=2160

Lomas Brown is an *, I cannot stand this guy on ESPN.   He offers nothing.   But Joe has some interesting knowledge of the situation.    Oh by the way Lomas is one of the 3,000 or so suing the NFL over the concussion issue.      ooooppps!

What a *.

Meh. Much ado about nothing.

Not really, especially if it was one of our O Linemen that did that now or said something like that, that is or was on the Colt, I mean it wouldnt matter if they did that now because they cant block as is but ya get my point

Not really, especially if it was one of our O Linemen that did that now or said something like that, that is or was on the Colt, I mean it wouldnt matter if they did that now because they cant block as is but ya get my point

Not saying that I don't think this is a low class thing to do. And he seemed awfully proud of himself when he was talking about it, so I'd even venture so far as to call him a low class individual, based on this situation. But I can't muster a single ounce of outrage over this. First, I don't care about the 1994 Lions or Scott Mitchell. Second, this is hardly the worst thing an NFL player has done to one of his teammates.

I just really don't care about this story.

I appreciate the honesty. I appreciated Jalen Rose's honesty on his podcast a few months ago when talking about an incident that he regretted doing when he tried to hurt someone. For so long the media and fans bemoan these players about being honest, but then when they have moments of honesty fans and media jump on them like a shark going after an injured seal.

What he did was horrible and I do not condone what he did, but in a creepy way I understand. Mitchell was flat out terrible and his poor play reflected on all of the offensive players which in turned probably affected their earning power. A better QB in there would make the offense look better which in turn would make the OL look better which could increase his earning power. When you feel like someone is messing with your money you can do some real stupid things.

Or this guy could just be a scumbag. Either way it was definitely not a good thing to do.