Photo

Foot in Mouth Award

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16073 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

In an radio interview former Detroit Lion Lomas Brown said that he missed a block in 1994 to injury fellow Lion Scott Mitchell

What are your views on the situation?

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16073 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

On Thursday he told ESPN's "First Take" that he should have been more tactful with what he said.

PrincetonTiger77

#3 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17932 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

what was his reason?

#4 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16073 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

what was his reason?

if I remember the story he wanted Mitchell out of the game.

PrincetonTiger77

#5 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17932 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...sed-block-claim

Personally I wouldn't want a guy like that on my team, I dont care how many pro bowls he has been to but in fairness I am sure it still goes on today

#6 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16073 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Personally I wouldn't want a guy like that on my team, I dont care how many pro bowls he has been to but in fairness I am sure it still goes on today

agreed

PrincetonTiger77

#7 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2279 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Some things are better off being kept under the rug, even when it's that old.

okv09w.jpg

#8 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

That's just offensive, and perhaps even more unethical than what the Saints were charged with. If I were Mitchell I'd want to hit him, but of course he's probably outweighed by a couple of hundred pounds at this point. Perhaps hire someone to break his finger? :)

#9 House

House
  • 6767 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I can't help this is a "look at me!" kind of thing.

Why say this now? What's the point/endgame?
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#10 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8216 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Brown says Mitchell was playing badly and he wanted his teammate out of the game.   Says he told the Lions Center, Kevin Glover, what he was going to do and he did it...

Let the DE he was playing opposite get around him to blast his quarterback.    He says he didn't expect Mitchell to get hurt (which he did)...   but just knocked out of the game.

What Brown did is reprehensible.    But saying it,  even nearly 20 years later as he did,  is just astoundingly stupid.   It has hurt him more than he thought.    I don't think he knew the S*** storm that would be coming his way as a result,  but it is.  

Brown is apologizing all over the place and says he will reach out to Mitchell man to man...

The irony of all this is Brown has long had a reputation as a good guy,  as a classy guy, as a guy you'd want as a teammate.

All blown up in the amount of a few seconds it took for him to say what he said.    Now -- poof! -- all gone.  It's one of the worst self-inflicted wounds I can ever recall.

Here's the story, with video from Brown:

http://espn.go.com/n...-scott-mitchell

#11 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5996 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

"lookout' blocks...  

This happens all the time, ...     it did 30 years ago and I guarantee it is still happening.

Big Joe comments on this....   about 2/3 through...  Segment 4

http://www.1070thefa...s.aspx?PID=2160

Lomas Brown is an *, I cannot stand this guy on ESPN.   He offers nothing.   But Joe has some interesting knowledge of the situation.    Oh by the way Lomas is one of the 3,000 or so suing the NFL over the concussion issue.      ooooppps!

What a *.

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#12 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2907 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'm sure there is a bit more to it.

But the part where the back up came in and won 5 of the next 7. That seems. Interesting.

I like to argue. 

#13 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 16798 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Meh. Much ado about nothing.

LET'S HUNT

#14 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17932 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Meh. Much ado about nothing.

Not really, especially if it was one of our O Linemen that did that now or said something like that, that is or was on the Colt, I mean it wouldnt matter if they did that now because they cant block as is but ya get my point

#15 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 16798 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Not really, especially if it was one of our O Linemen that did that now or said something like that, that is or was on the Colt, I mean it wouldnt matter if they did that now because they cant block as is but ya get my point

Not saying that I don't think this is a low class thing to do. And he seemed awfully proud of himself when he was talking about it, so I'd even venture so far as to call him a low class individual, based on this situation. But I can't muster a single ounce of outrage over this. First, I don't care about the 1994 Lions or Scott Mitchell. Second, this is hardly the worst thing an NFL player has done to one of his teammates.

I just really don't care about this story.

LET'S HUNT

#16 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2279 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

I am willing to bet this is not the first time this has happened.

okv09w.jpg

#17 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3208 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

haha   I read the title of this thread and thought it was a new award we were giving out on here....

:lol:    I can think of a few recipients..    :facepalm:

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

#18 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16073 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

haha   I read the title of this thread and thought it was a new award we were giving out on here....

:lol:    I can think of a few recipients..    :facepalm:

it could be

Who would you nominate?

PrincetonTiger77

#19 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

it could be

Who would you nominate?

No Comment.

No Comment.

No Comment.

No Comment.

No Comment.

No Comment.

No Comment.

No Comment.

One of those... :)

#20 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16073 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

No Comment.

No Comment.

No Comment.

No Comment.

No Comment.

No Comment.

No Comment.

No Comment.

One of those... :)

lol

PrincetonTiger77

#21 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2279 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

I'm sure there is a bit more to it.

But the part where the back up came in and won 5 of the next 7. That seems. Interesting.

Oh they totally ignore that part of it.

okv09w.jpg

#22 Thewholefnshow28

Thewholefnshow28
  • 2203 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

I appreciate the honesty. I appreciated Jalen Rose's honesty on his podcast a few months ago when talking about an incident that he regretted doing when he tried to hurt someone. For so long the media and fans bemoan these players about being honest, but then when they have moments of honesty fans and media jump on them like a shark going after an injured seal.

What he did was horrible and I do not condone what he did, but in a creepy way I understand. Mitchell was flat out terrible and his poor play reflected on all of the offensive players which in turned probably affected their earning power. A better QB in there would make the offense look better which in turn would make the OL look better which could increase his earning power. When you feel like someone is messing with your money you can do some real stupid things.

Or this guy could just be a scumbag. Either way it was definitely not a good thing to do.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back." - Oscar Wilde

#23 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 13576 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

This dude is a scumbag.

A useful website for when you are debating:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#24 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2402 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

hmmm
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

I'm out of the hospital, FINALLY...this was the 4th time in the past 2 months..for status, please read my soon to be posted update in the Fantasy Football forum here...and thanks everyone, for the love, caring, thoughts and prayers...

Show comments (9)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Skelly

I thought I'd stop in to say I have nothing to say. Enjoy your day or night.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Jules

I really want to see "Gone Girl". I read the book a while ago and it was excellent. The movie does not look too bad but I am sure it is a bit different then the book.

Show comments (13)
View All Updates