Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time for the Colts to do Peyton one last favor

oldunclemark

Both sides have moved on and are doing well...Half of the Indy players have never even met Manning.

But Sunday, they can put him in the Super Bowl..

A Indy win over Houston makes Denver the No.1 overall seed

Not only does that mean that, in the AFC playoffs, EVERYODY MUST GET HIGH (meaning that everybody comes to Mile High Stadium)

..it also means that Houston and New England would have to meet before either could play at Denver.

The Broncos would not have to defeat both of them.

That would make the Broncos the heavy favorite to go to the Super Bowl and face Green Bay, right?

Come on Indy..do one more 'solid' for the old cowboy.!

Both sides have moved on and are doing well...Half of the Indy players have never even met Manning.

Not only does that mean that, in the AFC playoffs, EVERYODY MUST GET HIGH (meaning that everybody comes to Mile High Stadium)

..it also means that Houston and New England would have to meet before either could play at Denver.

That would make the Broncos the heavy favorite to go to the Super Bowl and face Green Bay, right?

This thread ought to provide enough fire works to melt the snow in Indiana and I love it. :thmup::headspin::monkeydance::banana::yahoo:  Come on gang I'm tired of shoveling snow. :hide:

Provided the Broncos also win on Sunday, then, yes this would be the scenario.    I'm all for it... :)  :cheer:

Provided the Broncos also win on Sunday, then, yes this would be the scenario.    I'm all for it... :)  :cheer:

Well since the game is in Denver I can't imagine that they couldn't beat them. Almost everyone they have played beat them. If I was a betting person I would certainly put my money on the Broncos over the Chiefs. :thmup:

I'm all for helping Peyton, but I'm still not convinced Peyton won't revert to bad playoffs Peyton.

I think this has been rehashed to pulp. People run with a W-L record on the surface and headlines that talking heads spout, Colts fans included.

Other than Kurt Warner, there has been no other QB whose QB rating went up in the playoffs. Peyton's QB rating and numbers are very much on par with Brady's whose playoff number woes in his last 3 AFCCG get overlooked (something like 3 TDs and 8 INTs, I think) because he won all of those, thanks to his team.

It does not matter what a QB does for 3 quarters, Eli included. It matters only what he does in the 4th qtr. AND only in the 4th qtr. of a postseason. That is all that matters to fans and talking heads, and that is the conclusion I will always come to. Team support, everything a team does on D and ST to help or reduce the chances of a win go out the window, it seems like :)

Look at Drew Brees, he puts up all those good numbers in the playoffs and is still 5-3 in the playoffs. Just saying.

I think this has been rehashed to pulp. People run with a W-L record on the surface and headlines that talking heads spout, Colts fans included.

Other than Kurt Warner, there has been no other QB whose QB rating went up in the playoffs. Peyton's QB rating and numbers are very much on par with Brady's whose playoff number woes in his last 3 AFCCG get overlooked (something like 3 TDs and 8 INTs, I think) because he won all of those, thanks to his team.

It does not matter what a QB does for 3 quarters, Eli included. It matters only what he does in the 4th qtr. AND only in the 4th qtr. of a postseason. That is all that matters to fans and talking heads, and that is the conclusion I will always come to. Team support, everything a team does on D and ST to help or reduce the chances of a win go out the window, it seems like :)

Brady 38 td's 20 interceptions. 62.9 completion percentage 16 wins 6 losses in the playoffs

Manning 9 wins 10 losses 29 TD's 19 picks 63.1 completion percentage

Pretty close with exception of TD passes

Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Warner, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Brett Favre, Bart Starr, and there are others ALL have higher QB rating in the post season than regular season. Do you bother to check stats?

If we can't win it, hopefully we can help Manning do it. Now there's a 3rd reason to win Sunday.

1. Split the series with Houston

2. Go into the playoffs winning

3. Give Manning a easier road to the SB, in case our Colts can't make it that far ;)

I'm not sure who told you the Packers are going all the way. I doubt they'll beat Seattle, Atlanta, San Francisco. Packers aren't going to a SB until that horrific Defense is fixed.

Anywho, I don't think we're going out to Win for Peyton. We're doing it for Chuck & Ourselves

Okay you got me. Lets help Peyton out in the spirit of Christmas. I mean he is the center of the NFL universe with his super team in Denver. And it's not just about Peyton, lets help Elway. Ohhhh I adore that man. Always gave Colts fans the warm fuzzies.

Okay so to help him out we will shockingly upset the Broncos in the divisional round. Vontae Davis ends the game on a pick 6.

This way we can help Peyton avoid having to play Brady again or a better NFC team in the Super Bowl.

It is the least the Colts can do right?

Hey you all ask for these types of comments with these kinda threads. I only deliver.

If/when the Colts are eliminated I am rooting for whats left in the NFC, mainly Green Bay.

I'm not sure who told you the Packers are going all the way. I doubt they'll beat Seattle, Atlanta, San Francisco. Packers aren't going to a SB until that horrific Defense is fixed.

Anywho, I don't think we're going out to Win for Peyton. We're doing it for Chuck & Ourselves

Their D is not as bad as last years. Statistically it is much better. And this was without Clay for several games and Woodson for much of the season.

Losing your two key defensive players for any stretch of time will hurt any team let alone THOSE two guys.

Packers D is ranked 10th overall in yards right now,  a far cry from last years dead last.

Of course maybe they don't make it. Stuff happens and stats especially can be meaningless. But, I would favor them vs. anyone right now in the NFC, especially Atlanta.

History is also on the side of Rodgers. He is of the right age and caliber to win the SB as a starting QB if you go by SB winning QBs through history.

But, who knows what can happen in the playoffs......

Their D is not as bad as last years. Statistically it is much better. And this was without Clay for several games and Woodson for much of the season.

Losing your two key defensive players for any stretch of time will hurt any team let alone THOSE two guys.

Packers D is ranked 10th overall in yards right now,  a far cry from last years dead last.

Of course maybe they don't make it. Stuff happens and stats especially can be meaningless. But, I would favor them vs. anyone right now in the NFC, especially Atlanta.

History is also on the side of Rodgers. He is of the right age and caliber to win the SB as a starting QB if you go by SB winning QBs through history.

Instead of Jules your name should be Queen of the Statistics. :)  Statistics go out the door in playoffs. It depends on who plays the best game on the  day they play. :thmup:

The stone cold reality is that if we win on Sunday (and thats an IF) the team we help the most is New England. The team we hurt most is Houston.

It does not matter though to the Colts if we help Manning or Brady and that is not the final agenda here. (unless Kraft is sending gift baskets to Irsay and the Texans/Colts officials for Sunday).

The Colts just want to try and beat the opponent they play next. Period. Christ, we let the Titans in the playoffs in 2007. THE TITANS. I am not one who loves to help division rivals out, let them suffer. Hopefully we win the South next year.

Umm... This seems like your getting ahead of yourself, Colts are gonna win the superbowl. duh.

I agree that I would place Packers before the Falcons in the NFC for winning the SB.

My SB winning candidates in order of probability are Packers, Falcons, Broncos, Patriots, Seahawks, and an NFC East division winner (if it is the Cowboys)  :).

To be honest, if I am an AFCCG winner, I would prefer playing the Falcons over Packers, probably goes without saying to get the Nawlins crowd against them. On the NFC side, they'd probably prefer to play Peyton or they probably dont care because Peyton, Big Ben and Brady have lost their latest SBs (4 totally).

Broncos vs Falcons SB - in terms of talking head speak, 2 underachieving playoff QBs, and 1 of them is going to win the SB. Sure takes the lustre a bit off for talking heads.

Brady 38 td's 20 interceptions. 62.9 completion percentage 16 wins 6 losses in the playoffs

Manning 9 wins 10 losses 29 TD's 19 picks 63.1 completion percentage

Pretty close with exception of TD passes

An article that may help fans a better insight to Peyton's W-L record (dated March 2012, for those who care to read :)):

NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE2012-archives/march/the-clutch-enigma-peyton-manning-part-i.html

This thread is ridiculous. Why would any Colts players/coaches/front office personnel care about helping Manning or the Bronco's? They'll try to win because they want to help themselves, they do not care about what will or won't happen to Manning.

Of course its ridiculous..... Balzer...

That's what we do here.......Its all about Colts and Colts alums..its a win-win