Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time for the Colts to do Peyton one last favor

oldunclemark

Un uh, Jason..I swear saw you on the 'Reggie Wayne to Houston' thread...!!!! Admit it!!

Like they say in Denver.....'Everybody must get high'

Um, nope...haven't posted in that thread....actually haven't even read it.  I'm not one of those people that thinks that every thought I have deserves its own thread. ;)  (though the Reggie to Houston thread at least wasn't posted while another "reggie to houston" thread still showed on the first page of the Colts forum, so at least it was "new" discussion, and discussion that was related to an article that was posted on nfl.com about Andre Johnson trying to recruit Reggie to the Texans)

I don't see anything wrong with this post. I mean, if we eventually played Denver we would have to play them there anyway. Winning will not affect our playoff seed or 1st round matchup. So why not root for Peyton to get the best seed he can? I know I still root for Peyton.. not against the Colts.. but if it doesn't affect us then why not root for it?

The only drawback is that it would also help the Patriots.. but I mean, who really thinks they aren't going to mop the floor the the Bengals anyway?

Um, nope...haven't posted in that thread....actually haven't even read it.  I'm not one of those people that thinks that every thought I have deserves its own thread. ;)  (though the Reggie to Houston thread at least wasn't posted while another "reggie to houston" thread still showed on the first page of the Colts forum, so at least it was "new" discussion, and discussion that was related to an article that was posted on nfl.com about Andre Johnson trying to recruit Reggie to the Texans)

Jason..of course we think every thought you have deserves its own thread...

There are no 'thought police' here.....Your thoughts are free to be themselves.

We're 10-5 in a year when we should have been 5-10..and our greatest player ever is 13-3

we have the MVP and the Rookie of the Year...

If we can be goofballs this week....when can we be?

Peyton Manning is my favorite player in the NFL (and probably will be my favorite of all time) but the only favors the Colts should do doing are for themselves.

Peyton has a great team and most likely the #2 seed. They really dont need anymore favors. Theyve done enough for themselves.

Jason..of course we think every thought you have deserves its own thread...

There are no 'thought police' here.....Your thoughts are free to be themselves.

We're 10-5 in a year when we should have been 5-10..and our greatest player ever is 13-3

we have the MVP and the Rookie of the Year...

If we can be goofballs this week....when can we be?

No, every thought I have does not deserve its own thread.  I'll be the first to admit that.  Besides, most of my thoughts wouldn't be allowed on a family friendly site. :P

And if your goofballness was restricted to this week that might be one thing, but it's not.  However you are correct, there are no "thought police" so you are obviously free to post whatever thoughts you have.  It would be helpful if some of those were made as posts in existing threads instead of creating new threads (case in point, the Luck snubbed for pro bowl threadS), if for no other reason than you'll save the moderators some work by not forcing them to consider whether or not to merge "like" threads together, such as those Luck to pro bowl threads.  Just some food for thought. :)

No, every thought I have does not deserve its own thread.  I'll be the first to admit that.  Besides, most of my thoughts wouldn't be allowed on a family friendly site. :P

And if your goofballness was restricted to this week that might be one thing, but it's not.  However you are correct, there are no "thought police" so you are obviously free to post whatever thoughts you have.  It would be helpful if some of those were made as posts in existing threads instead of creating new threads (case in point, the Luck snubbed for pro bowl threadS), if for no other reason than you'll save the moderators some work by not forcing them to consider whether or not to merge "like" threads together, such as those Luck to pro bowl threads.  Just some food for thought. :)

B

You missed the subtle distinction is the Lunck 'not snubbed' post..

.......The Luck snubbed in Pro Bow thread was factually incorrect.

He WAS selected as an alternate...and will almost certainly so....I just highlighted that...

I know that some see this site as the CNN of Colts news...but if every there was time to have a good time. this is is.

You can goof off, too. We're having a great year and so is Peyton Manning. Its a good time to be a Colts fan

B

You missed the subtle distinction is the Lunck 'not snubbed' post..

.......The Luck snubbed in Pro Bow thread was factually incorrect.

He WAS selected as an alternate...and will almost certainly so....I just highlighted that...

I know that some see this site as the CNN of Colts news...but if every there was time to have a good time. this is is.

You can goof off, too. We're having a great year and so is Peyton Manning. Its a good time to be a Colts fan

The distinction you wanted to make 1) could have been made in the already existing thread instead of starting a whole new discussion about the exact same thing and 2) in fact WAS made numerous times in the already existing thread.

And for the record i am having a great time this season. Watching both manning and the colts succeed has been great. Still no reason to litter the forums with multiple threads about the exact same topic. ;)

Look, I will always respect Peyton Manning & okay sure it would be nice to help secure his new squad a better position in the Playoff mix, but at the end of the day we [Colts] have to control what we can control & take care of our own business first.

If the shoe were on the other foot, do you think Yoda AKA Peyton Manning would say "Win for my old NFL stomping grounds the Denver Broncos must hmmm." Nope, I highly doubt it. I never was too keen on putting my team's Playoff future in another person's hands even the insanely gifted Peyton Manning or the calm as a cucumber Luck for that matter. 

Either way #18 will be just fine & so will Andrew Luck. Now, let's just play ball on Sunday & settle this matter on the field. Everything else will take care of itself.

Both sides have moved on and are doing well...Half of the Indy players have never even met Manning.

But Sunday, they can put him in the Super Bowl..

A Indy win over Houston makes Denver the No.1 overall seed

Not only does that mean that, in the AFC playoffs, EVERYODY MUST GET HIGH (meaning that everybody comes to Mile High Stadium)

..it also means that Houston and New England would have to meet before either could play at Denver.

The Broncos would not have to defeat both of them.

That would make the Broncos the heavy favorite to go to the Super Bowl and face Green Bay, right?

Come on Indy..do one more 'solid' for the old cowboy.!

I understand that you are a fan of Peyton, which is just dandy, and perhaps is your first gut feeling will be to want the best for Peyton . . . but be careful what you wish for becuase that might hurt the Colts . . .

If all things hold serve except for the colts winning its first round game, the Colts would be going to #1 seed's house . . . so would you rather go to Houston in the divisional round, or Denver (and for that matter NE if both Den/hou lose and the pats win tomorrow, well later today actually) . . . just a thought . . .

I do agree with you though if it doesnt matter to the colts then surely help out peyton . . .

Colts are going to the Super Bowl. Reggie had a dream and his dreams always come true. Look at the video from yesterday of his locker conference. 

He said he had a bigger game to play but was he referring to football?  The volume was kinda low and I may have missed something but I'm not sure what he was talking about when he said that.

He said he had a bigger game to play but was he referring to football?  The volume was kinda low and I may have missed something but I'm not sure what he was talking about when he said that.

You have to listen very closely. But, at the end it is clear to me he is talking about the Super Bowl. He did not mention "the ending" but implied it is a good one.

http://prod.video.colts.clubs.nfl.com//IND/videos/dct/video_audio/2012/12-December/Wayne_122812_WEB-0.mp3

We don't owe Peyton anything but to properly honor him when he finally retires as a Colt.  I could care less about increasing his chance for a Super Bowl this season because if he does win it...it won't be in a "Shoe".  Also we are also in the playoffs...so Peyton is the enemy...for now.  With the Colts still in the post season...all bets are off as far as I'm concerned.  The Colts will serve their own ends and aren't thinking about Peyton right now.  The Colts are playing to  beat Houston because it is the right thing to do to honor Coach Pagano who is returning back from the fight of his life.  To play it any other way just wouldn't be right. 

I've said it many times, that I don't care what Peyton does when he is no longer on my team, but as the possibility of him lifting another Lombardi becomes reality, it wouldn't be such a tragedy as some are making out......provided it is not at a cost to our own chances.....

As I have no 'second' team, what harm would it do?

If it makes you feel that way why do you read and reply  :???:   Simple enough just ignore the thread. :)

Well it's kind ofhardto ignore it when it's right there at the top of the Colts Football forum everytime I login.

FWIW I think it's despicable to insinuate that the Colts would do anything to to "help" the Broncos.

Well it's kind ofhardto ignore it when it's right there at the top of the Colts Football forum everytime I login.

FWIW I think it's despicable to insinuate that the Colts would do anything to to "help" the Broncos.

Well then you just keep on puking in your mouth. Enjoy! :)

Obviously the colts didn't go into the game with any intention of helping the broncos. The idea is pretty absurd, though i certainly wouldn't say despicable.