Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You cannot be MVP on a non playoff team

oldunclemark

By this logic Luck is aslo a candidate...    And I am serious... 

Most Valuable Player....     Def  ..."the player judged to be the most important to the sport"

I look at teams and then look at what that QB does for THAT TEAM?

Jules is spot on in pointing out GB's flaws and the fact that Rodgers is a legit candidate.    Same for Luck.   GB and Indy are flawed football teams currently.     Their QB's have kept them afloat.  

EVERY other team in the NFL that is in playoff contention has "something" going for them that makes them special other than QB.   

If someone took over for Peyton in Denver I still believer they are a playoff caliber team...   they were last season with Tebow.

Washington didn't slow down a step with KirkC at QB, SF has a monster running game and D, same for Seattle, HOU, NE, and Atl.

I agree with you Jules Rodgers probably is the choice.    and I vote Luck second.     

Yeah but for some odd reason Rodgers has no buzz this year and he won't get it, we all know this. And I have scratched my head as to why at times too. Based on recent years I think Flynn could keep things afloat if Rodgers missed a game or two. With their current backup I am doubtful on this.

And with the injuries and issues at o line/RB and WR injuries and defensive injuries to their best players I just think this Packers team THIS YEAR could not live without Rodgers.

But, such is life. He was not a chosen one by the media this year. Last year he was.

This Packers team has had a crazy amount of injuries all year if you follow their injury reports. If either the Broncos or Pats had their best two defensive player missing from an extended time period all year you would hear nothing but praise for Brady or Manning carrying those banged up squads.

Brady and Manning are great yes, but everyone favors them so much at times to the point I think other QBs don't get a fair chance.

As for Peterson, I feel for the guy. I really do and he has been tremendous. I feel almost sad that he likely misses the playoffs and that annoying Bears team gets in instead. It might be a tough game Sunday but I think GB will go all out to grab the bye week to heal more of their wounded and they will not want to play the Vikings two weeks in a row.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statistically though Brady does have the worst D of the MVP candidates this year so yes I can see where Pats fans are coming from in terms of their arguments and the comparisons to Colts teams of the past. #1 overall rated offense in NE and the 27th ranked D that still likely lives and dies by the turnover.

Statistically though Brady does have the worst D of the MVP candidates this year so yes I can see where Pats fans are coming from in terms of their arguments and the comparisons to Colts teams of the past. #1 overall rated offense in NE and the 27th ranked D that still likely lives and dies by the turnover.

NE's D is horrible but hey have stayed pretty healthy.  

NE has lived off of TO's this season, their D has been bad but they are getting TO's...     and that is the  great equalizer.

The thing that is so remarkable about Indy's season is the fact that their TO ratio is so lopsided.    Common thinking would tell one that there is NO WAY this team should have a winning record let alone be in the playoffs.    BUT,  Indy has not given up points after many of those TO's and Indy is very good on 3rd down.    They keep the D off of the field.   QB, if you got one your team is set.... if you don't...      :(

Peterson sucks. So does Brady. So does Rodgers.

Manning transcends sports. Manning is the GOAT. Manning deserves the MVP. Manning is the best. Manning is the MVP. Manning is the GOAT. Peyton Manning does it all.

Oh Gosh....that drink they just gave me IS strong. I wonder what time we meet up again next week.

I had a response, but thought better of it...   I prefer to remain a lady.

Brady torpedoed his MVP chances with his **** poor play last week. Oh well. I'll take the lombardi over the mvp.

If Manning wins the MVP this year, then I think Favre deserved it back in 2009.

he already has 4 MVP's, why does he need another one? Peterson is about to break Eric Dickerson's record, but can he carry that team to the playoffs? He is all they got. Earl Campbell never had the best QB's handing the ball off to him, but that Houston defense was the real bread and butter of those Oilers teams. Everytime Houston made the playoffs with Campbell, go back and look at defensive statistics. Phillips' defense was great. Vernon Perry intercepted Dan Fouts 4 times in the playoffs, and had a pick 6 on Terry Bradshaw. Mike Reinfeldt had 12 interceptions in 1979. When is the last time a player caught 12 picks in one season!? J.C. Wilson had 6 picks too that year. Campbell was a machine, but that Houston defense was loaded, and was more of a reason they were winning besides the offense when Earl Campbell is your only player on offense.

Maybe if AP had a defense like Campbell had, everyone would give him the respect he deserves. It's so easy for QB's to rack up big numbers these days, but it's still hard for running backs. They do not get roughing the passer or pass interference penalties to help them. Teams KNOW AP is going to run it, they are ready and he still breaks loose.

The league needs another caliber Running back. Actually we need quite a few of them. We have enough QB's for people to drool over. It was quite an experience watching the days when you had Walter Payton, John Riggins, and Earl Campbell, and Tony Dorsett as the big stars. Then you had Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Jerome Bettis, and Marshall Faulk in the 90's. Today, who do we have? We have Adrian Peterson and everyone else is average compared to him.

Running backs absolutely do not get any respect anymore that they deserve. Emmitt Smith alone was the MVP of that entire Dallas offense. ALL the Redskins teams that won Super Bowls had strong running games. It's really a shame that Earnest Byner is remembered for being the fumbler in Cleveland when he was a solid back during the Redskins 1991 Super Bowl run. He was amazing that year and you never hear a word about that.

I've noticed something over the years. Colts fans are literally incapable of giving credit to another player if it means hurting the perception of Peyton Manning or his chances at winning some award. All those years ago when we were having Brady vs Manning debates, everyone wearing speed blue would claim it was defense defense defense that won those Patriots titles and Tom Brady didnt do squat. Now the same thing when others are trying to build a case for Adrian Peterson. 

When Peyton Manning wins, its completely because of him. No help....all on him. Everything he touches turns to gold. Whenever another player wins or does something good, there has to be some excuse or some other explanation for how they could possibly have done it. 

I dunno. I'd say its safe to bet that most people here would admit the reason Peyton has his ring is because of how HUGE the defense came up in the playoffs that year.

They may allow yardage but boy do they get takeaways. I think I saw that they were the 5th highest scoring defense in fantasy football but I could be wrong.

Runningbacks dont win MVPs...PERIOD!

Why are we even talking about this? LOL!

Here are the final votes:

Peyton Manning-44

Tom Brady-5

Andrew Luck-1 (Guy on NFL.com wrote an article on why he was going to vote for Luck)

Adrian Peterson-0

Peyton took a whole year off and came back from rehab to turn the Broncos around...theres nothing more impressive then that.

Peyton Manning-44

Tom Brady-5

Andrew Luck-1 (Guy on NFL.com wrote an article on why he was going to vote for Luck)

Adrian Peterson-0

So Luck gets more votes then Peterson? lolz.....

That would be sooooo sad. But, I honestly would not be stunned to see Peterson snubbed bad either. Brees got 4 votes last year.

Peyton Manning-44

Tom Brady-5

Adrian Peterson-0

Peyton took a whole year off and came back from rehab to turn the Broncos around...theres nothing more impressive then that.

You act like the Broncos were the 2-14 team last year and he is the only reason they are getting to the playoffs this year. The Broncos were a playoff team last year and Peyton just made it a bit easier to make the playoffs. This was not some huge turnaround for the Broncos.

If Luck gets more votes then AD then it just shows how laughable these voters are and they might as well just change the MVP to the Best QB of the Year award and call it a day.

Peyton Manning-44

Tom Brady-5

Adrian Peterson-0

Again....there seems to be this growing sentiment with some of you that simply because Peyton didn't play last year, he deserves the MVP because he's having a good season.

What you and many are describing are the perfect credentials for 'Comeback Player of the Year' or the illustrious 'Most Impressive Denver Playoff Seeding Improvement from one year to the next' award. But MVP? He's there, as he should be...he's having a terrific season...but the reasons you give are irrelevant to the conversation.

Again....there seems to be this growing sentiment with some of you that simply because Peyton didn't play last year, he deserves the MVP because he's having a good season.

What you and many are describing are the perfect credentials for 'Comeback Player of the Year' or the illustrious 'Most Impressive Denver Playoff Seeding Improvement from one year to the next' award. But MVP? He's there, as he should be...he's having a terrific season...but the reasons you give are irrelevant to the conversation.

Yes,He is definitely comeback player of the year.

I honestly think some people "forget" just what he went through, How HARD he worked to get to where he is again, because he makes it

look so easy. I am Not sure anyone else would have endured all that he did to get to where he is, Many would have just walked away from the game.....

Yes,He is definitely comeback player of the year.

I honestly think some people "forget" just what he went through, How HARD he worked to get to where he is again, because he makes it

look so easy. I am Not sure anyone else would have endured all that he did to get to where he is, Many would have just walked away from the game.....

Hmmm....another 'only Manning could do what Manning did' thought. You Colts fans are fun ;)

Nobody forgets what he went through and how hard he worked....but again, Peyton Manning is playing like...well....Peyton Manning. That alone should put him in the conversation for MVP as it does every year, but he doesnt get 'bonus points' in my eyes just because he came back from injury to be himself. 

I want to be clear...I certainly wouldnt be upset if he won the MVP, he is deserving based on his play alone. I just don't like how people feel the need to 'make up' reasons to defend him. So what he switched teams. So what he has new players. So what he has new coaches. So what he was injured last year. Just because Peyton never really had to deal with that before doesn't make it any more impressive. His play speaks for itself, and votes should be based on that alone. 

Hmmm....another 'only Manning could do what Manning did' thought. You Colts fans are fun ;)

I'm glad you think we're Fun. We aim to please. :cheer:

and as for the other comment, Name someone else who has come back from such a debilitating injury, off 4 surgeries in

one year to perform the way he has... and I'll gladly amend my statement.

I'm glad you think we're Fun. We aim to please. :cheer:

and as for the other comment, Name someone else who has come back from such a debilitating injury, off 4 surgeries in

one year to perform the way he has... and I'll gladly amend my statement.

That doesn't mean no one else could. And the fact that he came back doesn't make him any more deserving for an MVP award. Colts fans have this notion ingrained in their heads that only Peyton Manning can do these things. "Only Peyton Manning could have won with that Colts team". "Only Peyton Manning can make receivers better". "Only Peyton Manning can come back from injury and succeed". The list of comments over the years go on and on.

His play alone makes him deserving. What he does on the field makes him deserving. Coming back from injury does not. Switching teams does not. Throwing to new receivers does not. That's the life of every NFL quarterback. As I said, vote for him for what he does on the field. Don't make up reasons to make him look like Superman. 

I've noticed something over the years. Colts fans are literally incapable of giving credit to another player if it means hurting the perception of Peyton Manning or his chances at winning some award. All those years ago when we were having Brady vs Manning debates, everyone wearing speed blue would claim it was defense defense defense that won those Patriots titles and Tom Brady didnt do squat. Now the same thing when others are trying to build a case for Adrian Peterson.

When Peyton Manning wins, its completely because of him. No help....all on him. Everything he touches turns to gold. Whenever another player wins or does something good, there has to be some excuse or some other explanation for how they could possibly have done it.

Do you read anything people post or just ramble off a spout about how Peyton fans are so blind in your opinion?

I have stated numerous times Peytons success in Denver is part to good coaching, a defense feeding off the offense, great leadership, and Peyton leading the offense with good weapons. Since when have I or anyone else stated its ALL Peyton F Manning?? Put up a quote.

But to say its all Peyton is ridiculous. John Fox, JDR.. great coaches. Doom, Champ, Miller.. great defensive players.

Add a QB like Manning and JDR for the defense and you've got one heck of a rounded team.

Your blowing smoke if you think its all Peyton, however... I think many have forgotten just what he went through to get back to top tier QB status. Ever had nerve damage? Its the worst to try and recover from let alone play football at the level he is playing.

Manning transcends sports. Manning is the GOAT. Manning deserves the MVP. Manning is the best. Manning is the MVP. Manning is the GOAT. Peyton Manning does it all.

Oh Gosh....that drink they just gave me IS strong. I wonder what time we meet up again next week.

So we finally agree.. thanks for playing. Smh.

I took a deeper look into the Broncos 10 game winning streak. First lets look at their overall record. The Broncos are 12-3....with their three losses coming to division winners Atlanta, Houston, and New England....which, by the way, are the only teams Denver has faced that have more than 10 wins. Their 3 losses come against teams with a combined record of 36-9. Their 12 wins come against teams with a combined record of 72-108.

Here is their 10 game winning streak:

Win against 6-9 San Diego

Win against 7-8 New Orleans

Win against 9-6 Cincinnati

Win against 6-9 Carolina

Win against 2-13 Kansas City

Win against 6-9 Tampa Bay

Win against 4-11 Oakland

Win against 10-5 Baltimore

Win against 5-10 Cleveland

With the exception of Cincinnati (9-6) and a reeling Baltimore (10-5), every single other team they've beaten this year was against sub .500 teams. I know, I know...you play who's on your schedule and a win is a win. But I find the role reversals funny. All those years that people here were trying to make a case for Peyton over Brady, this exact 'schedule' point and the fact that Denver is in a pitiful division are exactly what Colts fans used as proof for why Brady wasn't that good and why 'their guy' was the best. But now all of a sudden, when its Peyton racking up the wins against this poor competition, he's the clear MVP of the league. 

Rodgers, Brady, Peyton....pretty darn close statistically. A popular sentiment a few weeks ago was that the MVP would be between Brady and Peyton. It's interesting that losing to 10-win San Francisco by a touchdown was enough to take Brady out of consideration, but winning against the Clevelands', Kansas Citys', and Oaklands' of the NFL was enough to 'end the argument' for why Peyton is it. All the while ignoring what Adrian Peterson has done simply because he's a running back on one of those apparently 'average' 9 win teams. 

Oh how things have changed in the minds of many fans depending on what side of the argument 'their guy' is on this time around...

Peyton Manning-44

Tom Brady-5

Adrian Peterson-0

Peyton Manning-44

Tom Brady-5

Adrian Peterson-0

te

Peyton Manning-44

Tom Brady-5

Adrian Peterson-0

tell 'em BAP... you da man!!!

Nobody forgets what he went through and how hard he worked....but again, Peyton Manning is playing like...well....Peyton Manning. That alone should put him in the conversation for MVP as it does every year, but he doesnt get 'bonus points' in my eyes just because he came back from injury to be himself. 

I want to be clear...I certainly wouldnt be upset if he won the MVP, he is deserving based on his play alone. I just don't like how people feel the need to 'make up' reasons to defend him. So what he switched teams. So what he has new players. So what he has new coaches. So what he was injured last year. Just because Peyton never really had to deal with that before doesn't make it any more impressive. His play speaks for itself, and votes should be based on that alone. 

Don't lump all us Colts fans into one category. I've been a Colts fans way before Manning and I loved him when he was here, but now that he plays elsewhere, I really don't even pay any attention to him. If he wins MVP or whatever, good for him, but I've long since moved on from him just like I do any other player that is not strapping on a horseshoe helmet every week. I don't get attached to players but will enjoy them when they play for Indy. Once they are gone, they are the enemy and my allegiance remains with the players on the Colts. 

You did a good job of taking both sides of the issues....dy-man..

Very Skip Bayless, of you..

The question is Manning vs. Peterson for MVP...who you got...

I took a deeper look into the Broncos 10 game winning streak. First lets look at their overall record. The Broncos are 12-3....with their three losses coming to division winners Atlanta, Houston, and New England....which, by the way, are the only teams Denver has faced that have more than 10 wins. Their 3 losses come against teams with a combined record of 36-9. Their 12 wins come against teams with a combined record of 72-108.

Here is their 10 game winning streak:

Win against 7-8 New Orleans

Win against 9-6 Cincinnati

Win against 6-9 Carolina

Win against 2-13 Kansas City

Win against 6-9 Tampa Bay

Win against 4-11 Oakland

Win against 10-5 Baltimore

Win against 5-10 Cleveland

With the exception of Cincinnati (9-6) and a reeling Baltimore (10-5), every single other team they've beaten this year was against sub .500 teams. I know, I know...you play who's on your schedule and a win is a win. But I find the role reversals funny. All those years that people here were trying to make a case for Peyton over Brady, this exact 'schedule' point and the fact that Denver is in a pitiful division are exactly what Colts fans used as proof for why Brady wasn't that good and why 'their guy' was the best. But now all of a sudden, when its Peyton racking up the wins against this poor competition, he's the clear MVP of the league.

Rodgers, Brady, Peyton....pretty darn close statistically. A popular sentiment a few weeks ago was that the MVP would be between Brady and Peyton. It's interesting that losing to 10-win San Francisco by a touchdown was enough to take Brady out of consideration, but winning against the Clevelands', Kansas Citys', and Oaklands' of the NFL was enough to 'end the argument' for why Peyton is it. All the while ignoring what Adrian Peterson has done simply because he's a running back on one of those apparently 'average' 9 win teams.

Oh how things have changed in the minds of many fans depending on what side of the argument 'their guy' is on this time around...

I posted this a week or two ago.

The Broncos have beaten NOBODY. Just the Ravens, who were missing their 4 best defensive players and Joe Flacco had a 0.8 QBR.

They've gotten blown out against the three legitimate teams that they've played.

The Broncos have beaten NOBODY. Just the Ravens, who were missing their 4 best defensive players and Joe Flacco had a 0.8 QBR.

They've gotten blown out against the three legitimate teams that they've played.

I think Denver is solid and they have a legitimate chance this season...my post was more a commentary on the discussions here and the hypocracy of some who change their points and feelings based on which side of the debate 'their' guy is on at any given time.

That doesn't mean no one else could. And the fact that he came back doesn't make him any more deserving for an MVP award. Colts fans have this notion ingrained in their heads that only Peyton Manning can do these things. "Only Peyton Manning could have won with that Colts team". "Only Peyton Manning can make receivers better". "Only Peyton Manning can come back from injury and succeed". The list of comments over the years go on and on.

His play alone makes him deserving. What he does on the field makes him deserving. Coming back from injury does not. Switching teams does not. Throwing to new receivers does not. That's the life of every NFL quarterback. As I said, vote for him for what he does on the field. Don't make up reasons to make him look like Superman. 

and

But its about the MVP....Peterson's play makes him the MVP ? on a non playoff team?

That's the question..

:funny:  :lol:  :spit:  Nice post Jules! Very Clever...

Brady torpedoed his MVP chances with his **** poor play last week. Oh well. I'll take the lombardi over the mvp.

Yup, MVP is nice but a SB trophy & rings cures all that ails Ya Snowglobe... :lombardi:

and

But its about the MVP....Peterson's play makes him the MVP ? on a non playoff team?

That's the question..

Lets say....oh I don't know....lets say in 2004 Peyton Manning threw for 49 touchdowns but the team only went 10-6 and missed the playoffs. Would you have tried to make a case for him as MVP then?

If Manning wins the MVP this year, then I think Favre deserved it back in 2009.

he already has 4 MVP's, why does he need another one? Peterson is about to break Eric Dickerson's record, but can he carry that team to the playoffs? He is all they got. Earl Campbell never had the best QB's handing the ball off to him, but that Houston defense was the real bread and butter of those Oilers teams. Everytime Houston made the playoffs with Campbell, go back and look at defensive statistics. Phillips' defense was great. Vernon Perry intercepted Dan Fouts 4 times in the playoffs, and had a pick 6 on Terry Bradshaw. Mike Reinfeldt had 12 interceptions in 1979. When is the last time a player caught 12 picks in one season!? J.C. Wilson had 6 picks too that year. Campbell was a machine, but that Houston defense was loaded, and was more of a reason they were winning besides the offense when Earl Campbell is your only player on offense.

Maybe if AP had a defense like Campbell had, everyone would give him the respect he deserves. It's so easy for QB's to rack up big numbers these days, but it's still hard for running backs. They do not get roughing the passer or pass interference penalties to help them. Teams KNOW AP is going to run it, they are ready and he still breaks loose.

The league needs another caliber Running back. Actually we need quite a few of them. We have enough QB's for people to drool over. It was quite an experience watching the days when you had Walter Payton, John Riggins, and Earl Campbell, and Tony Dorsett as the big stars. Then you had Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Jerome Bettis, and Marshall Faulk in the 90's. Today, who do we have? We have Adrian Peterson and everyone else is average compared to him.

Running backs absolutely do not get any respect anymore that they deserve. Emmitt Smith alone was the MVP of that entire Dallas offense. ALL the Redskins teams that won Super Bowls had strong running games. It's really a shame that Earnest Byner is remembered for being the fumbler in Cleveland when he was a solid back during the Redskins 1991 Super Bowl run. He was amazing that year and you never hear a word about that.

Bogie, 

Sure in 2009, Favre had a great season with the Vikings. Even, I can't deny that fact. Whoa! Stop the presses! SW1 gave #4 a genuine complement...Mark this date down, Dec. 28, 2012, because it will probably never happen again.  haha

Yes, running backs never get the credit they deserve Bogie. I agree 100%  :thmup: Might I add LBs, DE's, & pass rushers to that overlooked list too. 

Don't lump all us Colts fans into one category. I've been a Colts fans way before Manning and I loved him when he was here, but now that he plays elsewhere, I really don't even pay any attention to him. If he wins MVP or whatever, good for him, but I've long since moved on from him just like I do any other player that is not strapping on a horseshoe helmet every week. I don't get attached to players but will enjoy them when they play for Indy. Once they are gone, they are the enemy and my allegiance remains with the players on the Colts. 

THANK YOU!!!!

Exactly right dynasty13! Peyton should be in contention for Comeback Player of the Year not MVP. I still lean toward Tom Brady for MVP, but Adrian Peterson has had a fantastic year though...Does it matter if AP doesn't break RB Eric Dickerson's record? I don't know...I'm just asking...If AP wins MVP, I'm okay with it.

I've noticed something over the years. Colts fans are literally incapable of giving credit to another player if it means hurting the perception of Peyton Manning or his chances at winning some award.

Bingo...

I discuss on so many NFL message boards, and I've never seen one that has so much of a Cult feeling as the Colts do with Manning. They will literally drag any player into the mud and try to diminish their accomplishments because they feel that it makes Manning look bad because he isn't winning his 5th MVP or whatever. Its beyond ridiculous, the force is too strong with them to have an objective conversation.

I've been on this board since 2001 as well, and there are usually only a handful of posters that can sit back and are actually fans of football and not Manning worshipers. Its a cult following for real ha, its just totally insane.

If AP or Brady wins the MVP, they would take it as a personal shot at Manning. All they care about is Manning being portrayed as the Greatest Of All Time, second to no one.

How quick people forget that everyone was saying the defense was the only reason they made it to the playoffs last year. This year, they are automatically irrelevant?

Its because Manning is on the team now, so its no longer about the team its all about Peyton Manning and how great and wonderful he is. If Manning had gone to San Francisco, it would be the same thing, hes the reason they're winning, hes so great and wonderful. They would still be talking about how good Denver's defense is as well, since it would be a non-Manning lead team.

Bingo...

I discuss on so many NFL message boards, and I've never seen one that has so much of a Cult feeling as the Colts do with Manning. They will literally drag any player into the mud and try to diminish their accomplishments because they feel that it makes Manning look bad because he isn't winning his 5th MVP or whatever. Its beyond ridiculous, the force is too strong with them to have an objective conversation.

I've been on this board since 2001 as well, and there are usually only a handful of posters that can sit back and are actually fans of football and not Manning worshipers. Its a cult following for real ha, its just totally insane.

If AP or Brady wins the MVP, they would take it as a personal shot at Manning. All they care about is Manning being portrayed as the Greatest Of All Time, second to no one.

True, some individuals may have an iconic view of Peyton Manning I will admit. I wouldn't go so far as to refer to them as a cult though, but I do understand your frustration JerodMayo51. I would prefer if someone else got the MVP too. Just to spread the wealth a little bit & prevent #18 from getting eliminated early in the Playoffs everytime Peyton wins MVP. I do feel sorry that Tom Brady always seems to get passed over though. Not fair either IMO. Adrian Peterson will probably get MVP this year. 

You do bring up an interesting point JerodMayo51 with your cult/popularity statement though... Why does 1 QB like Manning generate so much positive press?

Oh sure, a hospital in INDY is named after him, both he & Dungy brought a SB to INDY in 2006, & he is a very humble, hardworking, & down to earth guy.

But why was RG3 so popular in D.C. before he even taken his 1st NFL snap? Why was Subway so eager to sign him to do commercials? Raiders QB Jamarcus Russell was a high draft pick too & he never got near the endorsement deal that RG3 got...

I guess I just like debating the criteria for determining who becomes an NFL superstar & who misses the cut...More luck & serendipity vs. hard work & concrete fact I guess...

Lost by 6 to Atlanta

Lost by 6 to Houston

Lost by 10 to the Patriots.

Which of those was a blowout?  Anyway, stop lumping all Colts fans into the "Manning can do no wrong" Category.  If I had a vote it would be placed firmly into the Adrian Peterson side of the argument.  I just know how the NFL works, and unless AP breaks the record, he is NOT getting the award!  It's between Manning and Brady, and RIGHT NOW Manning is in the lead.  If Brady has an outstanding game, and Manning has a clunker, I think it can and will change.