•  

Photo

Luck snubbed for Pro Bowl in favour of Schaub.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
461 replies to this topic

#1 Dan

Dan

#bradyquinnforthemaddencover

• 1371 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Qwiz and Vance are gonna be loving this, I imagine almost everyone else will be very disappointed.

Speaking realistically, one of Manning, Brady and Schaub is surely headed to the Super Bowl so I'd certainly not be shocked to see Luck going, he's just missed the initial roster.

Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis are both going. 

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Steagles

Steagles

Matt Overton and I!

• 873 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

But RG3 made it. What a crock of crap.

I am giving this improved Colts team 8 wins this year. I think we will go 8-8 in 2013-14.   (July 24, 2013)

#3 Andy

Andy
  • 8600 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

It is a shame that Luck isn't going, and I don't think Schaub should be going, but it is what it is. The reason why I like Luck over Schaub is that Schaub is that type of QB that won't win you games, and he won't lose you games. Luck is the main reason why the Colts have won so many close games, and that's why I like him over Schaub.

However, it's great to see Reggie and Robert back. 

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#4 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6673 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hopefully Schaub will be too busy in another Bowl. Still, impressive! I'm sure he is honored.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012 AFC South Champions

#5 ColtJ82

ColtJ82
  • 1262 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

I'm not sure I would consider him snubbed. Three pretty good QBs made it in front of him.

#6 rdskns4eva

rdskns4eva
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

lol why?  He's put up great numbers. And he's winning.

#7 Dan

Dan

#bradyquinnforthemaddencover

• 1371 posts

Luck is officially first reserve, so when one of New England, Denver and Houston inevitably makes the Super Bowl, Luck will be in. 

#8 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6301 posts

This is an outrage!  This is horrendous!  This is...

... eh, who really cares?  

#9 Nostrils

Nostrils
  • 465 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

lol, reached my like quota for today.. this is great!

#10 BodaciousBryce

BodaciousBryce
  • Community Moderator
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

There's still a great chance that Luck makes it, he's the first alternative that would go if Manning, Brady, or Schaub get to the Super Bowl and there's a great chance of that

Thank you Luck and Mathis for carrying the team this year, can't wait for next season

#11 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 8526 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Manning or Brady will be in the super bowl.. So he will be there

#12 dw49

dw49
  • 3472 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

The game is not even watchable anymore. Is "watchable" a word ? For sure not but anyone that watches this game is either a monster fan or a dunsky. The last play I saw in a Pro Bowl was Dwight Freeney doing something that looked like a waltz with a left tackle. The ball was snapped , they engaged their arms and moved side to side ountil the whistle blew. 

#13 Andy

Andy
  • 8600 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

That's a great point. Does anyone even watch the Pro Bowl? Not worth getting riled up over.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#14 HGRekks

HGRekks
  • 674 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

The only person from the Colts who I'd say got snubbed is McAfee.

#15 hoosiercoltsfan82

hoosiercoltsfan82
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

I think every QB from both conferences was very deserving, but there were also a few from both conferences that got the short end of the stick, namely Luck and Drew Brees. 

As for RG3, while I think he is deverving I would have picked Brees over him.  Imagine if RG3 were not the media darling that he is?  i'm not discrediting him for the great season he has had, but there's a lot to be said about exposure, and RG3 has had a lot of it this season, and I believe that is one of the primary reasons he got in.

People will point at Luck's 18 INT's and RG3's 4 or 5 INT's, but Luck has thrown more passes, has less of a running game and a less dependable offensive line to depend on.  Luck is being asked to do more with less, and he is also being asked to run the entire playbook, and go through all of his progressions like a veteran QB would be asked to do.  RG3 is in a different situation.  He has a running back, and a decent offensive line.  The coaches are not asking him to run a full fledged Pro offense yet.  In fact I read an article that said the Redskins have adopted a system that using a lot of the same style that RG3 played in college, while mixing in some of the Shanahans concepts. 

#16 Fx Stryker

Fx Stryker
  • 5449 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

The game is not even watchable anymore. Is "watchable" a word ? For sure not but anyone that watches this game is either a monster fan or a dunsky. The last play I saw in a Pro Bowl was Dwight Freeney doing something that looked like a waltz with a left tackle. The ball was snapped , they engaged their arms and moved side to side ountil the whistle blew. 

Until Cam came in the game. They wanted to hit him, and hit him good.

#17 indy1888

indy1888
  • 613 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

That's a great point. Does anyone even watch the Pro Bowl? Not worth getting riled up over.

I agree. Jeff Saturday made the pro bowl, and he isn't even good enough to start on his own team anymore. That's all that needs to be said about this game lol.

#18 HGRekks

HGRekks
  • 674 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Also, I'd be more upset if I was whoever got beat out by Ray Lewis at middle linebacker. I doubt it'd Freeman, but how on Earth does a guy who played 6 games this season make the Pro Bowl?

#19 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

The pro bowl sucks... Last one I watched some of, was Mathis' first. And I was interested because it would be Dwight and Mathis together in the pro bowl for the first time... Pro bowl is boring and pointless anymore.

#20 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1134 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Because Andrew Luck will play all 16 games of his rookie season. Unlike somebody else.

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#21 houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

What a joke.  Luck is so much better than Griffin.  Total racist BS especially those kids singing about Griffin at school.

And Schaub?  Another joke.

I hope Luck and the Colts DESTROY the lame Texans on Sunday.  

I'm pulling for ya.

#22 corgi

corgi
  • 2386 posts

Wilson is having a better season than Griffin and he didn't make it. Luck has set numerous records and is definitely in the playoffs. That is why it is a joke. Not to mention the Redskins won without Griffin.

"A man’s character is not judged after he celebrates a victory, but by what he does when his back is against the wall. So no matter how great the setback, how severe the failure, you never give up.

You never give up, you pick yourself up, you brush yourself off, you push forward, you move on, you adapt, you overcome, that is what I believe!"

#23 HGRekks

HGRekks
  • 674 posts

Don't compare Luck and Griffin for the sake of the Pro Bowl. Griffin didn't make it over Luck, they're in different conferences. Luck not making it doesn't mean Griffin shouldn't have made it.

#24 la_nfl_fan

la_nfl_fan
  • Rookie
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Before today only 1 rookie NFL QB in history, Dan Marino,  had ever made it to the original Pro Bowl roster. Not really a snub considering history.

#25 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6673 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Wilson is having a better season than Griffin and he didn't make it. Luck has set numerous records and is definitely in the playoffs. That is why it is a joke. Not to mention the Redskins won without Griffin.

...Against the Browns. And Griffin has set some records too.

#26 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6673 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

What a joke.  Luck is so much better than Griffin.  Total racist BS especially those kids singing about Griffin at school.

And Schaub?  Another joke.

I hope Luck and the Colts DESTROY the lame Texans on Sunday.  

I'm pulling for ya.

Lame? Who dat...haha

#27 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6673 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Because Andrew Luck will play all 16 games of his rookie season. Unlike somebody else.

I didn't know missing one start made one incapable of being good enough for the Pro Bowl.

#28 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 806 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Doesn't bother me. Manning, Brady, and Schaub had better years and are better QBs right now. Luck will have his time. And btw, it is not a competition between RG3 and Luck. Don't buy in to a rivalry created by the media.

#29 ViriLudant

ViriLudant
  • 1138 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Sorry, but if a QB from some other team had almost a 1:1 TD:INT ration, and a 54% completion rate, no one here would be in favor of that QB making the Pro Bowl.

#30 Gramz

Gramz
  • 2855 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

My thoughts, exactly.

Who watches the Pro Bowl....???

"The attitude with which we approach the situation can determine our success or failure" ~ Peyton Manning.

#31 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6338 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Not surprising atleast we got Wayne and Mathis.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#32 Matugi

Matugi
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Total racist BS

For the love of God.

#33 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6338 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm sure the Colts & Luck, Schuab and the Texans are much more concerned about this Sunday and the playoffs anyways.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#34 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6673 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

I'm sure the Colts & Luck, Schuab and the Texans are much more concerned about this Sunday and the playoffs anyways.

Yep. All eyes on the Super Bowl.

#35 corgi

corgi
  • 2386 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

...Against the Browns. And Griffin has set some records too.

Browns aren't nearly as bad as their record suggests. I'm fine with the AFC choices, but Griffin was a popularity contest winner.

"A man’s character is not judged after he celebrates a victory, but by what he does when his back is against the wall. So no matter how great the setback, how severe the failure, you never give up.

You never give up, you pick yourself up, you brush yourself off, you push forward, you move on, you adapt, you overcome, that is what I believe!"

#36 Matugi

Matugi
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Browns aren't nearly as bad as their record suggests. I'm fine with the AFC choices, but Griffin was a popularity contest winner.

I thought that was the mantra here was: you are what your record says. At least it was when it was a convenient argument for Luck in the OROY race, but I suppose now that all the records of the rookie QBs are about the same, the argument is meaningless.

The Browns are just as pitiful as their record indicates. They beat the Chiefs. They beat the Ben-less Steelers. They beat the Raiders. Not world-beaters there.

Griffin beat Brees head-to-head and has been one of the most consistent quarterbacks all year long. He absolutely deserves his spot; remember that 0 TD 5 INT performance Brees put up against the Falcons? Right.

#37 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6673 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

He has been outstanding this year, and while popularity may play a part, I don't think it was the only factor. He has the wins unlike Brees this year, and I can't think of any other quarterbacks in the NFC that have played as electric as Griffin has this year.

#38 Tracy Denton

Tracy Denton
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

I didn't know missing one start made one incapable of being good enough for the Pro Bowl.
Also didn't Finnish 2 others, redskins proved they can win without rg3.

#39 Dustin

Dustin

Prolly just arguing

• 12115 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

lol @ RG3 over Brees.

Mock Draft (Last updated 4/14/2014)

2- Marcus Smith (OLB, Louisville), 3- Dion Bailey (S, USC), 5- Aaron Lynch (DE, USF), 6 - Henry Josey (RB, Missouri), 7- Aaron Colvin (CB, Oklahoma)

#40 houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

I think every QB from both conferences was very deserving, but there were also a few from both conferences that got the short end of the stick, namely Luck and Drew Brees. 

As for RG3, while I think he is deverving I would have picked Brees over him.  Imagine if RG3 were not the media darling that he is?  i'm not discrediting him for the great season he has had, but there's a lot to be said about exposure, and RG3 has had a lot of it this season, and I believe that is one of the primary reasons he got in.

People will point at Luck's 18 INT's and RG3's 4 or 5 INT's, but Luck has thrown more passes, has less of a running game and a less dependable offensive line to depend on.  Luck is being asked to do more with less, and he is also being asked to run the entire playbook, and go through all of his progressions like a veteran QB would be asked to do.  RG3 is in a different situation.  He has a running back, and a decent offensive line.  The coaches are not asking him to run a full fledged Pro offense yet.  In fact I read an article that said the Redskins have adopted a system that using a lot of the same style that RG3 played in college, while mixing in some of the Shanahans concep

I thought that was the mantra here was: you are what your record says. At least it was when it was a convenient argument for Luck in the OROY race, but I suppose now that all the records of the rookie QBs are about the same, the argument is meaningless.

The Browns are just as pitiful as their record indicates. They beat the Chiefs. They beat the Ben-less Steelers. They beat the Raiders. Not world-beaters there.

Griffin beat Brees head-to-head and has been one of the most consistent quarterbacks all year long. He absolutely deserves his spot; remember that 0 TD 5 INT performance Brees put up against the Falcons? Right.

ts. 

Wrong.

Their defense lost em that game.

As far as interceptions.

You don't have that many interceptions when you run most of the time and when you don't play half of your games because you're hurt.

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (4)
View All Updates