Photo

I have a strong feeling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#1 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7929 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

we're playing the broncos this year specifically in the divisional round of the playoffs. I can see us beating the texans on sunday and broncos and patriots winning pushing the texans to the 3rd seed. ravens are not an easy foe so dont think im overseeing them, but they are beatable. this season is basically a script from hollywood. young buck vs old stallion. its inevitable. my question is whats gonna be the reaction of this game if it does happen? would you be ok if peyton beats us?

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1137 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

I would respect Peyton beating us more than any other team in the playoffs. If we get eliminated, Broncos are my second fiddle.

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#3 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1137 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

But as Bruce said it, "why not win it all?" :thmup:

#4 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 806 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

If this happens, a part of me will will be sad no matter what the outcome is, the other part will be ecstatic. Kind of like my feelings about letting Manning go to pick up Luck.

#5 manning04

manning04
  • 847 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

If we were not in the post season i would not mind seeing Peyton win one.  But if he beats us to get to the next round i hope all teams end up losing and they somehow cancel the SB.  i don't want to see the team that eliminates us win it all,  never have.

This post is brought to you today by Qdoba!

#6 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4273 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

Never happy when we lose in a meaningful game, and never will be.
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#7 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17454 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

My heart says I want the Colts to go all the way but logic says we get beat by the Ravens in the 1st round and if that happens then I want either the Ravens(Love to see Lewis go out on top unless he comes back) or Broncos to win it all. But I think Patriots go back to the SB

#8 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3600 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Getting to the playoffs is a huge accomplishment. Even one game of experience for this young team will pay the next time we get there. Losing in the playoffs is the same no matter who is on the winning end. I will always be happy to see Peyton win.....as long as we are not being dealt the loss.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#9 RW87

RW87
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Baltimore are pretenders. We can eliminate them if we decide to play four full quarters of football.

#10 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 869 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

i would be sad our season is over, but if peyton sends us home, he better win himself a superbowl. cause peyton>eli
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#11 TrueBlueHorseshoe

TrueBlueHorseshoe
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

I'd hate to lose, but if anyone's going to beat us I'd prefer it was Peyton.  Seeing him win another Super Bowl would be second only to seeing Andrew Luck win his first.

#12 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 2158 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

At the beginning of the season, I anticipated that I would be rooting Peyton full on in the playoffs as I expected the Colts to be watching on television.  Now that we are in the fray, all other teams are the enemy including Peyton.  If we see him in the playoffs, then I hope D-Free and Mathis introduce themselves to him regularly and we see the Peyton sour face at the end of the game.  Only this time it means a Colts win. 

"This Trophy has a lot of glory but we are going to give the glory to God." --Jim Irsay.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#13 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1792 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

i would be sad our season is over, but if peyton sends us home, he better win himself a superbowl. cause peyton>eli
After the Superbowl everyone was talking about if Eli is better. Now, as the Giants are on the verge of playoff elimination, where is the talk now. Why is Peyton, just one year removed from an inactive season is a MVP front runner and not Eli? BooYA Giants/Eli fans! Lol. Though I have much respect for brother Manning.

#14 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

I would love to see Peyton vs Andrew, especially in the playoffs.

Peyton and Andrew both have the mindset of the more pressure packed it is, the better they play.

I have a feeling that Peyton has the better team now, but just like Brett Favre playing the Packers, Luck will get his ring eventually.

I just hope when he does, it will be against RG3.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#15 Dr. T

Dr. T
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

But as Bruce said it, "why not win it all?" :thmup:

I would love us winning it all, but I just can't see it happening. We are too beat up. Our offensive line is a sieve and we got people off the street playing on our defensive line.

After free agency, a decent draft and all of our rookies in their second season, next year we could have real shot.

I pity the fool who disses my Colts!

#16 houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

I would love to see Peyton vs Andrew, especially in the playoffs.

Peyton and Andrew both have the mindset of the more pressure packed it is, the better they play.

I have a feeling that Peyton has the better team now, but just like Brett Favre playing the Packers, Luck will get his ring eventually.

RG3 will never get that far.

#17 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 806 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

That would be EPIC!!! The media coverage would be insane!

#18 Coltsince4

Coltsince4
  • 693 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

we're playing the broncos this year specifically in the divisional round of the playoffs. I can see us beating the texans on sunday and broncos and patriots winning pushing the texans to the 3rd seed. ravens are not an easy foe so dont think im overseeing them, but they are beatable. this season is basically a script from hollywood. young buck vs old stallion. its inevitable. my question is whats gonna be the reaction of this game if it does happen? would you be ok if peyton beats us?

NO!!!!! Everyone is the enemy in my book!!!!

#19 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 806 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

RG3 will never get that far.

Why not? He is clearly very talented. For all the people saying that he just dinks and dunks, have you all realized that he has some incredible downfield numbers? He has a stud running back and a decent O line. The defense is coming along and if they improve the D in the draft and/or FA and acquire some more weapons for RG3, they should be real contenders.

#20 chad72

chad72
  • 9093 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

At this point, any playoff win would be gravy because it will be mostly accomplished away from home (unless the No.6 seed keeps winning and we keep winning and host an AFCCG, LOL). Has there ever been a #5 vs #6 AFCCG? I know there has been a #2 vs #6 in 2010 with the Steelers vs Jets; and a #3 vs #6 with Cardinals vs Eagles. Those are the lowest combined seedings I can remember recently.

#21 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1137 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Why not? He is clearly very talented. For all the people saying that he just dinks and dunks, have you all realized that he has some incredible downfield numbers? He has a stud running back and a decent O line. The defense is coming along and if they improve the D in the draft and/or FA and acquire some more weapons for RG3, they should be real contenders.

He has to stay healthy long enough. I know he's incredibly talented and has a cannon for an arm. He also scrambles when it is necessary (for the most part). However, I agree with many on here that he needs to modify his game for the sake of his own health and safety. I don't see him doing that; therefore I don't see him playing 23 weeks of football.

#22 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17454 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

According to this http://sportsillustr...ing_splits.html  (I dont know how accurate it is) Robert has thrown the ball downfield(21 yards or more) 36 times and has completed 15 of those for 41.6 percent, Luck has thrown the ball downfield (21 or more yards) 87 times and has completed 23 of those for 26.4 percent . Thats not including the last game

#23 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6447 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

That would be EPIC!!! The media coverage would be insane!
It would be cool, but the media coverage would be so epic that most of humanity would die off and the world would implode as we know it turning into nothing but tiny fragments of dust.

But yet ESPN would remain alive to start domination on a galactic scale.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#24 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3077 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

I'd be fine with that...

I doubt anyone is surprised by my answer.

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

#25 NewEra

NewEra
  • 3955 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

IMHO, we crush anyone who stands in our way. Even if that is manning! Would want frathis to work him like a rag doll.
Colts fan for 20+ years. Was Colts4Lyfe on forums years and 5 or so different sites ago. Been lurking around ever since. Desided to rejoin to bond with my fellow fans in our time of need. Really excited at what lies ahead!!

#26 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2818 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Well in the play offs you have to play and beat the best to get to the SB. I wouldn't have a problem with that game at all. :monkeydance:

#27 Jules

Jules
  • 7420 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

I do suppose the Broncos or Texans both could fill the role of the 1995/13-3/first seeded Chiefs.....

Yeah, I suppose they could.

:cool:

#28 Jules

Jules
  • 7420 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

It would be cool, but the media coverage would be so epic that most of humanity would die off and the world would implode as we know it turning into nothing but tiny fragments of dust.

But yet ESPN would remain alive to start domination on a galactic scale.

The media coverage would rival Tebow. Really!!!

I think this game is what the Mayans really were speaking of to be honest.

#29 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3746 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

The media coverage would rival Tebow. Really!!!

I think this game is what the Mayans really were speaking of to be honest.

:funny:

#30 sixfive

sixfive
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

If this game happens, I want the Colts to destroy the Broncos and Mathis and Freeney sack Peyton at least 5 times.  I'm sick of so called Colts fans riding the Bronco wagon.  Manning isn't with the team anymore so let it go people.

#31 Snowglobe

Snowglobe
  • 404 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

If this game happens, I want the Colts to destroy the Broncos and Mathis and Freeney sack Peyton at least 5 times.  I'm sick of so called Colts fans riding the Bronco wagon.  Manning isn't with the team anymore so let it go people.

Ahhh the good old bandwagon fans. When the Broncos and Pats played earlier in the season, I headed over to the Broncos forum to see what fans were saying and it was absolutely pathetic how many ex-Colts fans were suddenly lifelong Broncos fans. Funny thing is, longtime Broncos fans were telling them to gtho. That's why you still see Broncos fans on here disguised as Colts fans because they aren't welcome there. Funny stuff...

Peyton Manning - 12 playoff losses - most in NFL history

#32 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3077 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Ahhh the good old bandwagon fans. When the Broncos and Pats played earlier in the season, I headed over to the Donkeys forum to see what fans were saying and it was absolutely pathetic how many ex-Colts fans were suddenly lifelong Broncos fans. Funny thing is, longtime Broncos fans were telling them to gtho. That's why you still see Broncos fans on here disguised as Colts fans because they aren't welcome there. Funny stuff...

Have no idea who you are talking about.......

But I will tell you, there is a difference between being  a Bandwagon Fan,  or as you state  a sudden  lifelong Broncos fan,   and a lifelong Peyton fan.   I am a lifelong Peyton Fan.... 

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

#33 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3077 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Not riding the Bronco Wagon.

Very well aware that Peyton is no longer with the Colts.

Forced to let go of it....

Not forced to let go of Peyton.  Will Always be a Fan of his, and proud to admit it.

#34 sixfive

sixfive
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Ahhh the good old bandwagon fans. When the Broncos and Pats played earlier in the season, I headed over to the Donkeys forum to see what fans were saying and it was absolutely pathetic how many ex-Colts fans were suddenly lifelong Broncos fans. Funny thing is, longtime Broncos fans were telling them to gtho. That's why you still see Broncos fans on here disguised as Colts fans because they aren't welcome there. Funny stuff...

I hear you I'm a die head Colts fan.  I like Peyton but I'm not going to put my whole team down for one player I'm sorry. Just like Pats fans like Brady but if he left NE I dont believe there will be a gang of fans leaving saying go whatever team Brady is on.  Either you are a fan our you arent. Those are the fans I don't want around.  Go Colts

#35 sixfive

sixfive
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Not riding the Bronco Wagon.

Very well aware that Peyton is no longer with the Colts.

Forced to let go of it....

Not forced to let go of Peyton.  Will Always be a Fan of his, and proud to admit it.

Gramz, I think it is great to be a fan of a player.  I'm just sick of fans up and running to the Broncos, just because Peyton is there.  It is about the team not one player.  As I stated I like Peyton but I'm not going to jump ship because he went to Mile high.

#36 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2818 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

I hear you I'm a die head Colts fan.  I like Peyton but I'm not going to put my whole team down for one player I'm sorry. Just like Pats fans like Brady but if he left NE I dont believe there will be a gang of fans leaving saying go whatever team Brady is on.  Either you are a fan our you arent. Those are the fans I don't want around.  Go Colts

Well if you look most of the Colts fans that you don't want around have been here much longer than you have so I don't think they are going anywhere. I guess you may as well get used to it and live with it so to speak.

#37 sixfive

sixfive
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Well if you look most of the Colts fans that you don't want around have been here much longer than you have so I don't think they are going anywhere. I guess you may as well get used to it and live with it so to speak.

@ Susie Q , This isnt my first rodeo on this forum. I have cancelled accounts on here and started new ones.  I was born and raised in Indy.  I have been a fan since Mayor Hudnut said there will be football in Indy. So as for me leaving YOU NEED TO STAY IN YOUR LANE.  Die Hard fan here.  I live in Virginia and have been too the Colts training Camp for the past 3 years and 4 home games this year.  So with that being said Susie I believe you will leave before me.  Ijs

#38 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2818 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

Gramz, I think it is great to be a fan of a player.  I'm just sick of fans up and running to the Broncos, just because Peyton is there.  It is about the team not one player.  As I stated I like Peyton but I'm not going to jump ship because he went to Mile high.

Sixfive I have been a Peyton Fan for many years and will still root for him but I have been a Colts fan for many years and now I can have 2 teams in the NFL to root for and that is a good thing in my book.  Just because I still root for Peyton I get awfully tired of being called a bandwagon fan by some that I have been around longer than their age. haha  Telling my age now but that's okay :monkeydance:

#39 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2818 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

@ Susie Q , This isnt my first rodeo on this forum. I have cancelled accounts on here and started new ones.  I was born and raised in Indy.  I have been a fan since Mayor Hudnut said there will be football in Indy. So as for me leaving YOU NEED TO STAY IN YOUR LANE.  Die Hard fan here.  I live in Virginia and have been too the Colts training Camp for the past 3 years and 4 home games this year.  So with that being said Susie I believe you will leave before me.  Ijs

I wouldn't count on it and I work at Colts Training Camp so I don't believe I'm going anywhere. Sorry to disappoint you but your stuck with me for many more years. :D  As a matter of fact read my post I didn't say anything about you leaving just that most of us aren't going anywhere.  Sorry I am In My lane :thmsup:

#40 sixfive

sixfive
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

I wouldn't count on it and I work at Colts Training Camp so I don't believe I'm going anywhere. Sorry to disappoint you but your stuck with me for many more years. :D  As a matter of fact read my post I didn't say anything about you leaving just that most of us aren't going anywhere.  Sorry I am In My lane :thmsup:

@ Susie, we are stuck together then.  GO COLTS

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates