Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could we have a better coach?

Dark Superman

Watching Coach Pagano talk on NFL Network just intrigues me. He defines class.. His will to fight through unbelievable obstacles to get back to the job he loves just says so much about the guy.. Now I'm starting to realize why Reggie Wayne stayed in Indy and why others came. I believe other free agents will come here after seeing what Coach Pagano has been through and his will to win.. What a great human bein in general.. I love having him on our side.

Sooo, what to do when suitors come courting for Bruce Arians?

He deserves a HC shot, but he is another reason why the Colts are where they are.

Some coaches don't want that role.  Tom Moore was one of them.

Personally, I hope Bruce is the same.  If he's not, he may have a suitor or two, but I tend to think there are teams more interested in younger guys.  I'd be willing to bet that a good number of guys will attribute our wins this year to 'Chuck Strong.'  Emotion is one heckuva motivator.  That said, I do suspect there could be a team interested in bringing Bruce in, I just hope they don't.

Some coaches don't want that role.  Tom Moore was one of them.

Personally, I hope Bruce is the same.  If he's not, he may have a suitor or two, but I tend to think there are teams more interested in younger guys.  I'd be willing to bet that a good number of guys will attribute our wins this year to 'Chuck Strong.'  Emotion is one heckuva motivator.  That said, I do suspect there could be a team interested in bringing Bruce in, I just hope they don't.

Yet we seem to be in the minority here. A lot of people hate his play calling, or think he's not developing Luck correctly. They think that with our O line he shouldn't be calling so many long routes. I wonder if any of those have been to the games?

I know one thing, people also complained about him in Pittsburgh. I bet they're regretting that now.

Back to the OP, Chuck is an inspiration beyond the football world. Great choice by Irsay. I'd also say we have the best owner in the business too.

Yet we seem to be in the minority here. A lot of people hate his play calling, or think he's not developing Luck correctly. They think that with our O line he shouldn't be calling so many long routes. I wonder if any of those have been to the games?

I know one thing, people also complained about him in Pittsburgh. I bet they're regretting that now.

Back to the OP, Chuck is an inspiration beyond the football world. Great choice by Irsay. I'd also say we have the best owner in the business too.

:thmup:

We can't say enough about the work everyone has done.  Irsay did a great job in bringing in Grigs.  Grigs did a great job in hiring Pagano.  Pagano made great decisions in the coaches he brought to Indy, like Arians and Manusky.  And all of those coaches have done a great job with the players we have.  It's as though everything that we did went right for us.  And that's not by mistake or fluke.  Each of those guys have worked their tails off to make sure we have a good team and it is working.

As Irsay and Grigson have said, the main thing about Pagano is how everyone who works under him loves him. Players would run through walls for him. That's the kind of impact you want from your head coach.

Just hearing him talk makes me want to run threw walls for him! I think BA did a Greg job. But I also think it ws inspired by chuck.

We can't say enough about the work everyone has done.  Irsay did a great job in bringing in Grigs.  Grigs did a great job in hiring Pagano.  Pagano made great decisions in the coaches he brought to Indy, like Arians and Manusky.  And all of those coaches have done a great job with the players we have.  It's as though everything that we did went right for us.  And that's not by mistake or fluke.  Each of those guys have worked their tails off to make sure we have a good team and it is working.
I completely agree.. I think that the coaches on our staff have done a great job getting the team to buy in and then getting them ready for Sundays... I will say that B.A. has had some game management issues (as did Chuck, early in the season) with time outs, ect. but that will improve greatly with experience (and I expect B.A. to get lots of that next season as a H.C. somewhere else). Kudos to Irsay, Grigs, Pags, B.A., and Manu for a magical season thus far! Sky's the limit!

And we only hit the tip of the iceberg. We will only continue to grow and develop as a team as long as everyone stays hungry and committed to winning..

Exactly it's hard to believe but the Colts are still in year of one of rebuilding or whatever people want to call it.  The point is they aren't a polished finished project yet.  They are just starting that process. 

Cant see anyone in his position doing things any differently!  Honestly at this point cant say I know much about the guy at all as a coach.

I want to see is how he does coaching - really curious how much he had his hands on this season or if that was someone elses handy work.

I have especially been pleasantly surprised by the job Manusky has done with the defense this season, especially in Pagano's absence. Before the season started I liked every hire but Manusky, having seen how his defenses played in San Fran and San Diego, but he has coached a much improved unit this season. With the exception of that KC game this past weekend, the defense has played very well given its talent this year. Part of that can be attributed to Pagano, but a part of it is Manusky as well.

I have especially been pleasantly surprised by the job Manusky has done with the defense this season, especially in Pagano's absence. Before the season started I liked every hire but Manusky, having seen how his defenses played in San Fran and San Diego, but he has coached a much improved unit this season. With the exception of that KC game this past weekend, the defense has played very well given its talent this year. Part of that can be attributed to Pagano, but a part of it is Manusky as well.

You hit the nail on the head.  I think Manusky is the unsung hero this season.  He has to deal with lots of guys playing out of position and with a new defense and doesn't have his defensive minded head coach there to help him out.  The defense hasn't been perfect, but given all the circumstances, he's done a very good job