•  

Photo

Mr Irsay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 pac2

pac2
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Has anyone else noticed that Mr Irsay seems to have a back problem? The last few times I have seen video of him and again at the press confernece yesterday, he seems to be bent over. Can anyone shed some information on this?

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9003 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

He's getting Older?

Only think I can think of

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#3 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 8510 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

He had several orthopedic problems and surgeries in the past which lead him to becoming addicted to prescription pain killers. He no longer takes the pain meds, so that's probably why he is in pain

#4 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 733 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

He looked bad next to Chuck, hope whatever it is it's temporary.

#5 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 2731 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

I've noticed he doesn't seem to have the best posture as well... Hard to say what it could be
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#6 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 13036 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Also looks like he's lost weight. He was swimming in his suit at the presser.
LET'S HUNT

#7 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

i really dont see the big deal, he isnt a player. so if his back goes out it really dont hurt the team. not to sound like a jerk about it or anything. 

Believe In Blue!!!

#8 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2788 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

He's getting Older?

Only think I can think of

Hey TK everyone over 18 is considered old to you. :funny:  I'm getting older too but I'm not bent over like Mr Irsay. :)  Age is just a number in my opinion. :thmup:

#9 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9003 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Hey TK everyone over 18 is considered old to you. :funny: I'm getting older too but I'm not bent over like Mr Irsay. :) Age is just a number in my opinion. :thmup:

:lol:

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#10 Indra

Indra
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

i really dont see the big deal, he isnt a player. so if his back goes out it really dont hurt the team. not to sound like a jerk about it or anything.

Wow, that's pretty insensitive.

#11 pac2

pac2
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

I really can't think of too many things that could sound more crummy. So what if he is not a player, he is a fellow human being. The man looks to be in serious distress and you couldn't care less. These coaches and these players care about Mr Irsay, you would think a Colts fan would too.

#12 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2149 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Irsay was on drugs for a bit and had to get off of them because of the addiction. It's a horrible thing I'm sure to be addicted to meds. He is clean now and will be gimpy like that on and off. Mainly off because of his back doctor and things like that. He suffered some injuries at SMU like all football players do. An example of someone who is pain free right now and is doing the hardcore exercise video series is Mike Golic. He was a trenches player and he's ok now. Jimmy just needs to rest his back but with CHUCK being ill is has been hard for him to do so.

#13 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3347 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

The man is a giver. I hope he is doing ok.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#14 Brooklyn Colt

Brooklyn Colt
  • 476 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

the stupid things I read on the internet on a daily basis..this is #1..congrats..

#15 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

I think it is a case of Irsay just getting older.

I think that is part of the reason that he is starting to let his kids become a bigger part of the organization.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#16 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4140 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

It is due to all his bending over backwards trying to make this franchise great.
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#17 INColts12

INColts12
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

I noticed to that he has lost weight...wonder whats going on. Hopefully hes not sick.

#18 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 2731 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

:facepalm:
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#19 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL
  • 2607 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Irsay was on drugs for a bit and had to get off of them because of the addiction. It's a horrible thing I'm sure to be addicted to meds. He is clean now and will be gimpy like that on and off. Mainly off because of his back doctor and things like that. He suffered some injuries at SMU like all football players do. An example of someone who is pain free right now and is doing the hardcore exercise video series is Mike Golic. He was a trenches player and he's ok now. Jimmy just needs to rest his back but with CHUCK being ill is has been hard for him to do so.

Hopefully Jim can get some recuperation with limited meds. Also, Mark Schlereth is another who lived in the trenches and appears to be in exceptional condition right now. OTOH, we don't truly know if even Mike and Mark don't have some type of lingering issue as well that they manage extremely well. It was and continues to be a violent sport.  I always hope for the best for all players, active and retired.  Yes, they received(d) a lot of compensation, but permanent injury of some type is a high price to give back for doing or having done your job.

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#20 TennEngr

TennEngr
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Wow, that's pretty insensitive.

Yep ... very insensitive and also sounded like a jerk.

#21 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2788 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

I think it is a case of Irsay just getting older.

I think that is part of the reason that he is starting to let his kids become a bigger part of the organization.

Like I said on post # 8 age has nothing to do with being bent over. It may be a lingering back issue and anyone can have back problems but stress over Pagano's health issues could cause him more problems with his back. Stress and worry can cause health problems to become worse. JMO of course. It's hard to control any health problems when you choose not to take meds for any reason. Hope now that Pagano is in remission he can get his own health under control also.  I hope you get to feeling  better Mr Irsay.  :)

#22 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Like I said on post # 8 age has nothing to do with being bent over. It may be a lingering back issue and anyone can have back problems but stress over Pagano's health issues could cause him more problems with his back. Stress and worry can cause health problems to become worse. JMO of course. It's hard to control any health problems when you choose not to take meds for any reason. Hope now that Pagano is in remission he can get his own health under control also.  I hope you get to feeling  better Mr Irsay.  :)

Well I won't argue with you about health things because I honestly have no idea.

I hope he feels better as well, along with Pagano because these guys need to stick together to see Luck dominate this decade.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#23 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12892 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

He just wants too look like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons that's all :)

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#24 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL
  • 2607 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

He just wants too look like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons that's all :)

"Excellent..."

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      15 Apr
    shecolt

I don't know how many roundabouts there are in Carmel, but I think I went through at least 20 of them today . . . which brought back memories of how hard it was for me to enter jump roping without tripping or being whacked in the head.

• Photo
      15 Apr
    Gramz

My new Motto.... Keep it Positive, or keep it to Yourself.

Show comments (1)
View All Updates