Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We're Too Young to Rest

Smonroe

Hopefully whatever decisions are made, the return of Pagano is not a deciding factor. I could see them not wanting to lay an egg on Pagano's return but the goal is to win the playoff game next week, not a game that is no more important than a preseason game. Imagine the consequences if Reggie or Luck is knocked out of the playoffs in this game.

Well, last time we rested our starters we had a big lead over the jets and they managed to come back into the game thanks to curtis painter, still, we have a better backup qb now, and this texans game is a great way for andrew luck to get ready for playoffs

How dare you put the blame Curtis Painters stellar performance!!!!!!!!!

haha

ok, i think we'll probably win vs. texans but what if, what if, we lay an egg and get blown out? Here's my concern after thinking about this ... would it just simply deflate our team moral and the season accomplishments? I don't think so but if we play to win but don't play people who are able to play but are sitting to rest an injury or ding, are we really playing to win? A blow-out ruins the day, the moment, the tide, the big "mo" going into Baltimore. Was tossing and turning last night, that's all.

Too young to rest?

Not too young to get key players injured in a meaning-less game with the playoffs 6 or 7 days away.

No offense, but that argument doesn't hold water. You can't play not to get injured.

Anyway, according to the Indy Star, Pagano said its not in our DNA. Love that guy!

http://www.indystar.com/article/20121226/SPORTS03/121226018/Colts-not-taking-break-against-Texans-aim-build-momentum