Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL AWARDS 2012-2013

danlhart87

RGIII has the east coast bias, we are in the Bible-Belt, Russell is in the rain-belt. RGIII in a landslide. Already heard too many media types say that Luck has to make up for his early-game mistakes. late in games and that's why he has the late game heroics. They say he causes his own late game comebacks and that he is definetly NOT as good as RGIII.

What they fail to realize every time is that we have 36 new players, Luck throws a lot of balls down-field per Arians, and that we have no running game. Dan Patrick show had a lot of people on today tooting RGIII's horn. The lady host sitting in for Dan was leaning a bit toward Luck but then people were calling in for RGIII and she said she could be convinced of that!!!! ???? whatever.......

RGIII has the east coast bias, we are in the Bible-Belt, Russell is in the rain-belt. RGIII in a landslide. Already heard too many media types say that Luck has to make up for his early-game mistakes. late in games and that's why he has the late game heroics. They say he causes his own late game comebacks and that he is definetly NOT as good as RGIII.

Actually all the national media people have been praising luck for taking over a 2-14 and getting it to the playoffs. Mostly everyone in the national media (espn/nfl network) has been ignoring luck's ints and low completion percentage and favoring his win total. RG3 lost some ground on the injury. Imo, Luck is the front runner right now. Personally I think Wilson has been the best of the three rookies and deserves it. OROY is like OPOY imo, and shouldn't be treated as an MVP for rookies. If there was an RMVP award, Luck should get that.

Yeah I've been hearing more talk about OROTY with Wilson. However RGiii is the most popular out of them all but yet at the same time I hear some praise for Luck as well. I think due to his popularity, even if RGiii loses and plays bad but Luck plays good it's still probably going to be RGiii.

All three are technically deserving.

Coach of the year def Pagano/Arians. I don't see how t could be anyone else.

MVP: Peyton but that's because I'm biased, Peterson is well deserving of it also.

DPOTY: Watts

Definitely have to agree with Megatron winning some award lol.

DROTY: No clue here

OROY- Should be Luck and probably will be, but it is very close between Wilson, RG3, and Luck.

DROY- I honestly have no idea for this category.

Comeback- Adrian Peterson has done much to deserve this award, coming off a bad ACL surgery, which is usually a death sentence for running backs, and playing the best football of his career.

Offensive Player- Calvin Johnson, the guy is a freak of nature, will probably get 2,000 receiving yards and looks like there is nobody that can slow him down.

Defensive Player- Watt will get it because nobody would ever thought a 3-4 DE would create so much havok. He plays inside, he plays outside, he swats passes down. He is the total defensive package for a team.

MVP- Peyton Manning. Not a whole lot of players could do what Manning did this season. With a team lead by Tebow the previous year, they look 10x more dangerous as a group and could very well run the table in the playoffs. 

Sometimes i still think what could have been with Peyton this year, in this system. Thankfully, we have a good young QB in Luck that we can build a team around him.

OROY: If Skins win Sunday RG3 if not Luck

DROY: Harrison Smith

OPOY: Calvin Johnson

DPOY: JJ Watt

CPOY: Adrian Peterson

MVP: Peyton Manning

COY: Bruce Arians/Chuck Pagano

OROY: I say Luck but I'm biased.

Other than that I think you nailed it.

I honestly don't get how Cousins wins 2 of their games and Griffin is the front runner for ROY. makes no sense.

I honestly don't get how Cousins wins 2 of their games and Griffin is the front runner for ROY. makes no sense.

Exactly! Don't get me wrong. RG3 is great and will have a good to great career if he stay's healthy but the Shanahan offense is really helping him out and also helping him cut down on turnovers. Luck should win but if he doesn't I'm okay with that too. I think we're most set for the future and Luck will have the best career so that's all that really matters. 

OROY: Andrew Luck

DROY: Casey Hayward (could easily be Kuechly too)

OPOY: Adrian Peterson (if he gets to 2000, if not, then Calvin)

MVP: Peyton Manning (if Viks make the playoffs, then AP)

Coach: Bruce Arians/Chuck Pagano

OROY: Robert Griffin/Andrew Luck, depending on who performs better in the playoffs, still leaning towards Griff though
DROY: Casey Hayward
MVP: Tom Brady/Peyton Manning, not sure, both very valuable
COY: Colts Coaching Staff is a good story, but darkhorse Pete Carroll, anybody? Who would have thought his team would be playing this well. Great job by Bruce Arians though.

The case for Luck as Rookie of the Year:

All three contenders, Luck, Wilson and RG III are exceptional talents, and taken in separate years, would each deserve the honor. All three are leaders, confident, men of high character, and smart. All three have provided transformative leadership.

Wilson has great passing and escape skills and has shredded three teams in the recent past, including the 49ers. He has vaulted from the bottom of the QBR ranks to 8th (70.0) in the League at this point in the season. He has a great defense, which gives him plenty of offensive possessions and often gets points of its own to give Wilson the lead, allowing him to run the ball more often. He has a beast of a runner (2nd in yds. gained) to take the pressure off him and a decent offensive line, though his receivers are little better than average, except maybe Baldwin. Seahawks in the playoffs and plays in a tough division.

RG III has mad skills both running and throwing, arguably the most skilled of all three contenders. He is not reckless when choosing to run, like Vick, but is still vulnerable. He has a great receiver (Pierre Garcon, or Peter Waiter, as we used to call him in Indy). He has a decent offensive line, as evidenced by his sub’s great performance during RG III’s absence. He does not make mistakes, having the fewest interceptions of the three. He too has a beast for a running back (a rookie, ranked 4th in yds. gained), lessening the pressure on him to be the whole show. Average defense. Has the highest QBR of the three (71.1, 6th). A win this weekend will put his team in the playoffs after a slow start in a tough division.

Luck has a porous, young offensive line that’s been devastated by injuries all year. His main running back (another rookie) is getting better (ranked 23rd), but none are exceptional, forcing Luck and his tight ends and receivers be the bulk of the offense (which invites lots of blitzes). As a result, he holds on to the ball too long at times, trying to make plays, leading to sacks, fumbles, interceptions and errant passes. Colts defense is average, and can’t stop the run, giving Luck fewer possessions, though timely turnovers have occurred lately. At the same time, Luck is fearless, aggressively attacking with every possession, a la Favre, and has uncanny come-from-behind abilities in the fourth quarter (seven times, at last count). He has a great veteran receiver, who allows the other (young) receivers to get open and provides great veteran leadership to the rookie-laden offense. Luck can also run with the ball when needed, though not as well as Wilson and RG III (Luck’s big, fast, but not shifty/quick). Has the lowest QBR of the three QB’s (13th, 64.6), mainly due to the number of interceptions, turnovers, and low completion %. Has broken the rookie record for yards passing (expected with no running game), and lead a 2-14 team to 10-5 record and the playoffs. Weak competition, and team loses to stronger opponents (Bears, Patriots, Texans) and has not blown out anyone. I like Luck because of the central role he has played in his team’s success, given an average, though scrappy and inspired, supporting cast. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!

OROY: Robert Griffin/Andrew Luck, depending on who performs better in the playoffs, still leaning towards Griff though

DROY: Casey Hayward

MVP: Tom Brady/Peyton Manning, not sure, both very valuable

COY: Colts Coaching Staff is a good story, but darkhorse Pete Carroll, anybody? Who would have thought his team would be playing this well. Great job by Bruce Arians though.

Spot on.

Actually all the national media people have been praising luck for taking over a 2-14 and getting it to the playoffs. Mostly everyone in the national media (espn/nfl network) has been ignoring luck's ints and low completion percentage and favoring his win total. RG3 lost some ground on the injury. Imo, Luck is the front runner right now. Personally I think Wilson has been the best of the three rookies and deserves it. OROY is like OPOY imo, and shouldn't be treated as an MVP for rookies. If there was an RMVP award, Luck should get that.
I disagree to an extent, Wilson's own feats, while admirable, have not raised to as lofty heights as Andrew's have. Having supporting elements around you often compensates for certain inferior talents in your game. Although Wilson has certainly impressed, he has done so with the confidence that his defense will give him many more chances in the event he falls short on a drive. In addition, his O-line is far superior to that of what Luck has in front of him. Luck's pocket-presence is astonishing and without it add another 20 sacks, 10 pressures, and 10 hits after release. Luck, on many occasions has eluded an incomplete pass while being tackled, somehow-someway, completing the pass and on most of these occasions it was a HUGE completion for 1st down or to keep a drive alive. I get your RMVP notion. Trust me when I say that I am not missing your point. But since there isn't any such thing, Luck should get this existing accolade. Luck is surrounded by 34 to 36 new Colts and hasn't looked phased by anything he has endured, and he has endured a ton in 15 games. Nothing short of amazing efforts has some of his feats displayed, and all the while he lingers in his own shortcomings (post-game). Much respect for your opinion and thoughts on Luck's outstanding accomplishments. I realize he has many interceptions and low completion %, I am not naive to this.... However, when the last light is turned off for the season at the Colts complex, Luck's contribution to the Colts' 2012 unmatched and unlikely accomplishments won't soon be forgotten.

All three rookie qbs are setting records rg3 has most rushing yards by rookie qb and highest qb rating out of rookie qbs wilson is a td away from breaking peytons td record and luck has most passing yards in game and season for rookie qb plus only roookie qb with 5 300 yard games and only rookie drafted number one overall with winning season

I'd give ROY to Russell Wilson. Yea, he has the best overall team of the 3 and having Marshawn Lynch would benefit the other 2 greatly. But looking at the teams he's beaten (GB,NE,SF,MN,DAL,CHI) gives him the edge. However due to the general media love fest Rg3 will win it. I love Luck and would love for him to get it, but if we're being honest he'd be in 3rd behind those 2 guys. 

Peyton for MVP

RG3 had it won before he ever took his first snap in the NFL. He has been the media darling since day one and will continue to be.

No, after he dismantled the Saints in convincing fashion his very first game he became the media darling. Both he and 12 were talked about to sickening levels before the season even started, and I know that it is not going to change for either one of them. As long as they continue to be successful, I'll be cool with it lol.

No, after he dismantled the Saints in convincing fashion his very first game he became the media darling. Both he and 12 were talked about to sickening levels before the season even started, and I know that it is not going to change for either one of them. As long as they continue to be successful, I'll be cool with it lol.

And, if RG3 played for The Colts, your choice would be quite different. You choose him because Luck is competition to your Texans. So, go ahead and make my day, reply.

And, if RG3 played for The Colts, your choice would be quite different. You choose him because Luck is competition to your Texans. So, go ahead and make my day, reply.

Yeah, if he played for the Colts and still put up the sensational numbers and had the fantastic season that he has had with the Redskins, I would still choose him for Rookie of the Year. Get over yourself. I have nothing against your Golden Boy who can do no wrong. He is 0-1 against us so far, so at this point, why would I be angry about the competition part of this?

If RG3 beats "America's team" Cowboys Sunday Night, RG3 is the winner of OROY.

You can take that to the bank.

20 TD's to only 5 picks currently  (very well could be padding those stats as well)

104.1+ QB rating  (2nd behind only Aaron Rodgers in NFL)

Close to 800 yards rushing (NFL rookie record & passed Cam Newton record)

6 Rushing TD's

Also has 8.3 yards per pass, which is #1 in NFL

Still hitting 66.4% at the moment. (which is 3rd in the NFL only behind P. Manning & A. Rodgers)

3,100 yards and will go up after Sunday Night.

Not to shabby, considering the Redskins are the #1 Rushing team in the NFL.

If RG3 wins the NFC BEAST by eliminating the Cowboys & giving the Redskins a 10-6 record? (Redskins haven't won the Division since 1999 (Bill Clinton/President)

He will not only be the ORTY, but will probably join Rodgers & Ryan for the 2012 NFC Pro Bowl squad as well.

What Luck & Wilson have done is very admirable. Taking their teams to the playoffs as WC's.

Excellent season and start of young career.

What RG3 has done, is unprecidented.

(also keep in mind...The defending SB champs are in same Division)

"America's team" Cowboys

and wannabe "Dream Team" Eagles.

Anyways...all 3 look to have great careers and should be fun to watch all 3 develop over the years.

Probably because Griffin has still outperformed most of his fellow rookies even with the assist from Cousins against the Ravens and Cousins' subsequent solid performance against a terrible Browns team.  This isn't the most valuable rookie award, it's the rookie of the year award.  It goes to whoever impresses the most regardless of how their team wins games.

Luck has played himself out of the running barring a spectacular week 17.  This year it's going to either Wilson or Griffin.

Yeah, if he played for the Colts and still put up the sensational numbers and had the fantastic season that he has had with the Redskins, I would still choose him for Rookie of the Year. Get over yourself. I have nothing against your Golden Boy who can do no wrong. He is 0-1 against us so far, so at this point, why would I be angry about the competition part of this?

You need to get over yourself...with the help of our Rookie quarterback, he catapulted the Colts into a 10-5 season and after this weekend and just might be 11-5.

My prediction would go the other way, I don't think he would put up sensational #s at all behind this non existant OL. He's already had a concussion and a knee injury on a team we can clearly see is much superior. Arians isn't going to cater to anyone on another note.

We get to see this OL weekly and boy it is easily one of the worst I've ever seen. Gotta factor in the teams offense is playing with a combination of 6 rookies and their best lineman is a 2nd year player who has struggled through some injuries in his early career.

It's clear Andrew is doing unbelievable, with the talent he has around him.

This team should develop into a MUCH better team next year. First and foremost is giving this kid who has been knocked down triple digit times a line first.

In short I've never seen a rookie and a team that was as bad on paper do as much with as little. Definitely a storybook season.

You need to get over yourself...with the help of our Rookie quarterback, he catapulted the Colts into a 10-5 season and after this weekend and just might be 11-5.

I never said he didn't. Griffin has his team in playoff contention as well, but he has played much better than 12 and has made great decisions with the ball, resulting in less turnovers. I don't know why you have this personal vendetta against me when I don't agree with every single thing you do but it is quite annoying.

My prediction would go the other way, I don't think he would put up sensational #s at all behind this non existant OL. He's already had a concussion and a knee injury on a team we can clearly see is much superior. Arians isn't going to cater to anyone on another note.

We get to see this OL weekly and boy it is easily one of the worst I've ever seen. Gotta factor in the teams offense is playing with a combination of 6 rookies and their best lineman is a 2nd year player who has struggled through some injuries in his early career.

It's clear Andrew is doing unbelievable, with the talent he has around him.

This team should develop into a MUCH better team next year. First and foremost is giving this kid who has been knocked down triple digit times a line first.

In short I've never seen a rookie and a team that was as bad on paper do as much with as little. Definitely a storybook season.

good post...

I never said he didn't. Griffin has his team in playoff contention as well, but he has played much better than 12 and has made great decisions with the ball, resulting in less turnovers. I don't know why you have this personal vendetta against me when I don't agree with every single thing you do but it is quite annoying.

Hahah, Qwiz I personally have nothing against you but I'm sure it does anger mutiple Colts fans on this board when a Texans fan talks bad about our golden boy. It would be similar to Colts fans coming on the Texans board and dogging Schuab when he had a bad game or when he used to suck. I'm sure Texans fans would be doing the same thing.

Hahah, Qwiz I personally have nothing against you but I'm sure it does anger mutiple Colts fans on this board when a Texans fan talks bad about our golden boy. It would be similar to Colts fans coming on the Texans board and dogging Schuab when he had a bad game or when he used to suck. I'm sure Texans fans would be doing the same thing.

But I'm not. Look at my first thread in this post and you will see that I said 12 and Griffin both could be rookie of the year. That troll Indybarb is always trying to twist my posts around to make them anticolt.

OROY: Griffin

DROY: Jenkins

OPOY: Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson. Could honestly go either way.

COY: Bruce Arians

CBPOY: Adrian Peterson

MVP: Peyton Manning. If Peterson breaks the rushing record and makes it into the playoffs, he wins here.

But I'm not. Look at my first thread in this post and you will see that I said 12 and Griffin both could be rookie of the year. That troll Indybarb is always trying to twist my posts around to make them anticolt.

I am a colts fan and therefore not a troll, thank you! 

NFL MVP: Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos

NFL OPOY: Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings & Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions split vote.

NFL DPOY: J.J. Watt, Houston Texans

NFL ComebackPOY: Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos,

OFF ROY: Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins,

DEF POY: Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers

Coach of the year: Chuck Pagano/Bruce Arians, Indianapolis Colts

GM/Executive of the year: Bruce Allen, Washington Redskins/Ryan Grigson, Indianapolis Colts, split vote