Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who do you think will win superbowl?

Stephen

Seattle looks good, but only at home. 

They would probably have to go to Atlanta, which Atlanta is good at home but bad in the playoffs.

49ers look a lot better with Kaepernick as the QB then Smith but they will have to go to Seattle and we just saw how that went.

Texans look good but if they go against the Pats again, they will likely lose. 

Pats make the most sense out of the AFC to go to the Super Bowl, as long as Denver has to go to Foxboro.

Broncos could win if they have home field.

As much as I love seeing the Colts in the playoffs, we won't make it past Wild Card Weekend.

AFC

1.13-3 texans (bye)

2.13-3 broncos (bye)

3. pats 12-4

4. ravens 10-6

5. colts 10-6

6.bengals 10-6

wildcard round

pats over bengals 35-17

colts over ravens 24-17 , wins from 17-0 down at half time

divison round -

pats @ denver - denver win 31-27

colts @ texans-  colts win 24-21 av field goal comingfrom 21-0 at half time

AFC championship

the future meets the past bowl - denver win 42- 18

AFC representive

Denver Broncos

NFC

1. falcons - 14-2 (bye)

2. Green bay 12-4(bye)

3. 49ers 11-4-1

4. Redskins  10-6

5- seahawks 11-5 dont know how that works

6- bears 10-6

wildcard round

49ers over bears 31-15

seahawks over redskins 28- 26

divisional round

49ers @ green bay - gb win 28-21

seattle @ falcons - 21-14 seahawks

NFC championship

Seattle @GB- green bay get revenge - 31-18

NFC reprensentive

GB

Superbowl

Broncos defeat GB - 28-24

MVP- Peyton "sheriff Manning

his stats 32-40 3 Tds 386 yars 1 int

I could get on board with this!  That would make my year!  We win a game or two in the playoffs and Manning wins the superbowl!  This year.  Next year, when we have more talent, I'll have to root for the Colts over Manning.  That'll be a GAME!  But I'd rather save it for next year...

Seahawks look dangerous, depends on how RW fairs in the postseason.

Falcons I think will struggle with a lacklustre run game and Matty Ice's limitations.

Me being a Colts fan aside, I think Houston are pretenders, 1 season away from being serious contenders.

Green Bay can put up numbers but you can't win against the competition in the postseason with a secondary as leaky as theirs.

Broncos can definitely make a serious push , AFC title game for sure.

Ravens can be contenders for the title if their defense steps up. The return of Ray Lewis would be huge.

The Pats could go all the way if they keep their secondary tight, and keep Gronk healthy.

The Niners HAVE to be more consistent, especially on defense. Getting pounded like they did Sunday just won't cut it.

My prediction: Broncos 20 - 17 Seahawks

Pats/Texans v. Packers/Niners

dark horses either colts or whoever gets in from the NFC East(cowboys/redskins/giants). Colts will be playing hard with pagano back and the nfc east is a lot stronger than their records. 

Broncos will be out early. Quote me on it. They'll either play the Pats or Texans. Brady has shredded that defense over and over and it'll be no different. Manning will quickly find out that he's not beating up on * AFC west teams anymore LOL. 

I do think the Cowboys could be a dark horse if they get in, seriously. Maybe it's an NFC East thing I don't know but they would be following almost the same pattern as last years Giants. If the Cowboys win Sunday night maybe they are finally "getting it." If not then same old Cowboys.

It would likely be Seattle at Dallas though likely for the WC round which would be tough. But, maybe Romo could beat his demons from that game in early 2007. :woah: I think Seattle has become the new NFC darling though.

History shows teams with true franchise QBs win the Super Bowl. Rookie QBs dont win either. Colin K., Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, Matt Schaub, RG3, Andy Dalton, Ponder and Flacco all get ruled out. that leaves Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Matty Ice. one of those guys will win the Super Bowl. the only way to break that formula is to have the defensive performance of the decade like the Ravens. that means the Seahawks and 49ers have a slight chance, but I am not willing to bet on it.

History shows teams with true franchise QBs win the Super Bowl. Rookie QBs dont win either. Colin K., Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, Matt Schaub, RG3, Andy Dalton, Ponder and Flacco all get ruled out. that leaves Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Matty Ice. one of those guys will win the Super Bowl. the only way to break that formula is to have the defensive performance of the decade like the Ravens. that means the Seahawks and 49ers have a slight chance, but I am not willing to bet on it.

I think instead of saying "true franchise QBs" you should just say universally accepted "elite" QBs. If thats the case it leaves pretty much Brady/Manning/Rodgers since I am not sure I put Matt Ryan in the elite group. But, then again there have been many over the years who never even considered Eli Manning to be elite and still might not now. He just turns it up at times in the postseason so who knows if another Eli is in the  group. Who considered Eli Manning to be anything great when he waltzed into the SB in early 2008 vs. Tom Brady's 18-0 Patriots? Not many.Sure you can argue the Giants D was the reason they won 2 SB's but Eli is still the one who had two game winning drives in both SB wins.

Kaepernick is not a rookie either. But, it will be his first postseason starting and many 49ers fans hope for a Brady 2000 type of story I think. It will also be the first postseason for Matt Schaub. The real rookie with the best shot is likely Wilson due to his defense but doing it all on the road if they stay as a WC will be tough. However, just like a 9-7 team finally won it all last year, a rookie QB I guess could win it all someday too. But, history is not on the side for the Colts/Skins/Seahawks. It's not on the side of rookie head coaches too.

Super Bowl history also does not favor QBs over the age of 35:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827e5959/printable/manning-eyes-latercareer-push-for-super-bowl-glory

I think instead of saying "true franchise QBs" you should just say universally accepted "elite" QBs. If thats the case it leaves pretty much Brady/Manning/Rodgers since I am not sure I put Matt Ryan in the elite group. But, then again there have been many over the years who never even considered Eli Manning to be elite and still might not now. He just turns it up at times in the postseason so who knows if another Eli is in the  group. Who considered Eli Manning to be anything great when he waltzed into the SB in early 2008 vs. Tom Brady's 18-0 Patriots? Not many.Sure you can argue the Giants D was the reason they won 2 SB's but Eli is still the one who had two game winning drives in both SB wins.

Kaepernick is not a rookie either. But, it will be his first postseason starting and many 49ers fans hope for a Brady 2000 type of story I think. It will also be the first postseason for Matt Schaub. The real rookie with the best shot is likely Wilson due to his defense but doing it all on the road if they stay as a WC will be tough. However, just like a 9-7 team finally won it all last year, a rookie QB I guess could win it all someday too. But, history is not on the side for the Colts/Skins/Seahawks. It's not on the side of rookie head coaches too.

Super Bowl history also does not favor QBs over the age of 35:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827e5959/printable/manning-eyes-latercareer-push-for-super-bowl-glory

Yes, I should say universally accepted elite QB's, because that's what I meant.    

Let's just pick a year.  Since 1988 (24 years ago), only 3 non elite QBs have won the Super Bowl.  Doug Williams, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer.  And you could make a case for Williams, who was actually pretty good.  Everybody else is a universally accepted elite QB.  That's mind boggling and yet fans forget that every year or they think this will be one of those upset years.  So, I still say if you look at the best QB's in the playoffs this year, one of them will win the whole thing.

Yes, I should say universally accepted elite QB's, because that's what I meant.    

Let's just pick a year.  Since 1988 (24 years ago), only 3 non elite QBs have won the Super Bowl.  Doug Williams, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer.  And you could make a case for Williams, who was actually pretty good.  Everybody else is a universally accepted elite QB.  That's mind boggling and yet fans forget that every year or they think this will be one of those upset years.  So, I still say if you look at the best QB's in the playoffs this year, one of them will win the whole thing.

I think if Brees made the playoffs it would have made the NFC "elite" convo a bit more interesting. Matt Ryan is still on ice......not sure yet on him.

And someday RG3/Luck/Wilson could be elite but they are not considered yet. Ben is out in the AFC but even some still don't consider him "elite". Same with Eli if he sneaks in.

If two of Manning/Brady/Rodgers are in the SB I won't be stunned at all, nobody would be.

But, history would favor Rodgers more too vs. Brady/Manning based on his age and the average age of starting QBs who win the big one and he fits the criteria for "elite".

Of course with a 9-7 team finally winning it all who knows what trends might end. :)

Denver.   They are the most complete team in the AFC.  I think Kaepernick will ultimately kill the 49ers.  Seattle is playing well but too inconsistent.

I can't say I'm overly impressed by Denver, they look a lot like PM's teams in Indy. Kind of smallish on  D , play on the lead, recievers are not as talented, ok running game. I don't think they have what it takes in the playoffs to beat NE.

Brady was a rookie when they beat the Rams, or close to it.