Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So does everyone still want Baltimore in the playoffs?

cmgww

What Kool Aid are most of you drinking in here?? As I'm reading any number of these posts you would think that we were as good as New England or Denver. I am a huge Colts fan just like all of you, but I am also a realist as well. Yes we have won 10 games but 98 percent of those have been against sub par teams and yet we still struggled to get those wins. The games we lost we were humiliated in most of them because of the pathetic play. We are in know way ready for the playoffs, we gave up 300 plus yards to a 2 win team that had zero to play for. Can you imagine if it is Baltimore that we end up playing what they are going to do to our defense, embarrassment is the word that comes to mind. Not to be Debbie downer, but I'm afraid to say that it will be a very swift exit in the wild card round in the next three weeks. Now with all that said I do believe next year we will be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come. Go Colts!!

I believe we have a pretty good chance of beating Baltimore.  However I'd be lying if I wasn't concerned with how we are going to block Ngata, and Terrell Suggs.  Ray Lewis will be playing as well. Also I am hoping Luck doesn't throw a couple gifts to Ed Reed.  Hopefully the stage won't be too big for some of our guys that don't have the experience.  I believe we can stop Ray Rice.

I believe we have a pretty good chance of beating Baltimore.  However I'd be lying if I wasn't concerned with how we are going to block Ngata, and Terrell Suggs.  Ray Lewis will be playing as well. Also I am hoping Luck doesn't throw a couple gifts to Ed Reed.  Hopefully the stage won't be too big for some of our guys that don't have the experience.  I believe we can stop Ray Rice.

Ed Reed is my biggest concern.

Suggs and Ngata are playing hurt too I believe, especially Suggs with the torn biceps.

What Kool Aid are most of you drinking in here?? As I'm reading any number of these posts you would think that we were as good as New England or Denver. I am a huge Colts fan just like all of you, but I am also a realist as well. Yes we have won 10 games but 98 percent of those have been against sub par teams and yet we still struggled to get those wins. The games we lost we were humiliated in most of them because of the pathetic play. We are in know way ready for the playoffs, we gave up 300 plus yards to a 2 win team that had zero to play for. Can you imagine if it is Baltimore that we end up playing what they are going to do to our defense, embarrassment is the word that comes to mind. Not to be Debbie downer, but I'm afraid to say that it will be a very swift exit in the wild card round in the next three weeks. Now with all that said I do believe next year we will be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come. Go Colts!!

So. And the Ravens so called feared D lost to Charlie Batch at home. Yeah that happened.

Any given weekend......

It's just a gut instinct, but Flacco seems to be the type of QB our defense might have some success against. 

To be fair...our secondary is the type of secondary that Flacco and Tory Smith might have some success against.

Our weakness has been big passing plays on defense.

Pagano at Baltimore?

Colts vs. Caldwell?

Heck ya. You can't write this stuff any better before the season.

I can already see Flacco fumbling right now thanks to Mathis......

Don't forget to add old Colts home town vs new Colts hometown. Baltimore fans still hate the fact the the Colts went to Indy...

To be fair...our secondary is the type of secondary that Flacco and Tory Smith might have some success against.

Which does not bode well for us in the playoffs (Schaub, Manning, Brady). It has been a great ride for us, but let's be realistic, the ride is coming to an end shortly this year.

I was thinking more of the immobility and the fact Flacco hangs on to the ball a bit.  We've given up some big plays, yes, but many of those QBs can move and buy time - Cutler, Rodgers, Stafford, Locker, etc. 

Which does not bode well for us in the playoffs (Schaub, Manning, Brady). It has been a great ride for us, but let's be realistic, the ride is coming to an end shortly this year.

Pretty much. I do think Baltimore is the most winnable game but I agree with you 100%. Im not expecting us to win a single playoff game. Outside of GB, this team has been completely outclassed when facing more talented teams. I expect more of the same. I hope im wrong but well see.

I was thinking more of the immobility and the fact Flacco hangs on to the ball a bit.  We've given up some big plays, yes, but many of those QBs can move and buy time - Cutler, Rodgers, Stafford, Locker, etc. 

Thats true. I just worry that whoever Vaughn is matched up against will have a good day. Its been the MO to date.

Pretty much. I do think Baltimore is the most winnable game but I agree with you 100%. Im not expecting us to win a single playoff game. Outside of GB, this team has been completely outclassed when facing more talented teams. I expect more of the same. I hope im wrong but well see.

Yep. The fan in me wants the Colts to win it all. The pragmatist in me sees a quick exit from the playoffs.

I wouldn't be shocked if we won one game in the playoffs. Two games would be a jaw dropper.

Baltimore has got to have a nervous feeling somewhere in their gut about a playoff game against the Colts. Baltimore has been on the losing side of things in most of those playoff match ups. Not to mention the majority of the regular season Colts vs. Ravens match ups. Psychologically they've got to have some negative feelings about this one.

I think we would need to double Torrie Smith on most plays. We could possibly get away with placing Vaughn and Bethea on him, and take away Boldin with Vontae. They wouldn't really have anyone else to throw to other than maybe Jacoby Jones who I think could be neutralized with Butler. I have a decent enough feeling we can fix our run D issues, and get things back on the right track like we were building at first. I think we can do a good job on Ray Rice.

Live for today...the only AFC playoff team we can beat on the road is Baltimore

We are the 5th seed , so that means we play the 4th seed. Houston cannot be the 4th seed. Unlikely that Denver loses to KC , so that should leave either NE or Balt as the 4 seed. NE once dumped a game to drop down a seed to play an easier opponant. However this seems unlikely as they play at 1 PM  and have a chance for a bye if they win. So it can't be Houston , shouldn't be Denver and will probably be Balt. If not Balt , will be NE.

That went out the window....Game flexed to 4:25PM.

I don't care who we play and most likely it will be Baltimore.  If we play Baltimore, we have to stop Ray Rice.  Stop the darn run sometime will ya!  I've become a broken record about the Colts history against the run.  This team now has a shot and anything can happen.  GO COLTS!

That went out the window....Game flexed to 4:25PM.

He means NE flexed to 4:25 ad he is correct  . Thinking this through , we now need (better served) to win. Here's why. Cinn will rest their starers as they can't improve their position and a Balt win and NE loss woud give them a rematch vs Balt rather than a date at NE . If we lose to HTN , NE will be better served to dump thier game and face Indy rather than Cinn. It also sets them up to play Houston rather than Denver in the following week. 

ravens-35.png  Ravens | Ed Reed facing suspension?     Mon Dec 24, 10:54 AM

The Baltimore Ravens currently fear that the NFL will try to suspend FS Ed Reed for an illegal hit on a defenseless player - New York Giants WR Victor Cruz - in Week 16, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. If the league attempts to suspend Reed, the effort would likely come early enough in the week to allow Reed to embark on an expedited appeal process. If the appeal lingers, however, Reed could miss a playoff game.

Link to story
Ed Reed player page

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Gavin" data-cid="368114"><p>I'd rather have to go to Denver but its not looking like that will happen</p></blockquote><br />Why anyone would want to face a team with Dumervil & Von Miller is a mystery. Especially with all your pronouncements about the Indy offensive line.<br /><br />That is a bad match up for the Colts.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Gavin" data-cid="368114"><p>I'd rather have to go to Denver but its not looking like that will happen</p></blockquote><br />Why anyone would want to face a team with Dumervil & Von Miller is a mystery. Especially with all your pronouncements about the Indy offensive line.<br /><br />That is a bad match up for the Colts.

All these teams that are going to be in the playoffs are a bad matchup once you take into consideration our O Line. If it was Houston we were playing we would get more of the same against there defense as we did a week ago. If it was Denver and the game was close I think Manning would try to do to much and abandon the run and I think that would give us a better shot, I also think we could get pressure on Manning, Any team we play it will be a disadvantage though

I think we would have a chance against the Ravens, mainly they are banged up on defense and their quarterback can struggle. The Ravens may have Ray Rice, but we have Vick Ballard and he had over 100 yards rushing against Houston. I would rather face the Ravens because the Patriots would smother us.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="dw49" data-cid="368702"><p>He means NE flexed to 4:25 ad he is correct . Thinking this through , we now need (better served) to win. Here's why. Cinn will rest their starers as they can't improve their position and a Balt win and NE loss woud give them a rematch vs Balt rather than a date at NE . If we lose to HTN , NE will be better served to dump thier game and face Indy rather than Cinn. It also sets them up to play Houston rather than Denver in the following week. </p></blockquote><br />

First off, my recent attempts to quote a post have looked funny. Not sure what is going but apologies if this happens again.<br /><br />But to me the fatal flaw in your scheme is the Denver game, which kicks opposite of the Pats game. Clearly the Broncos are prohibitive favorites but the Pats cannot afford to dump their game just in case Denver loses. They are still alive for the bye and cannot take the risk.

Considering we won't see them unless we go to the SB, I don't see how that's relevant, but Yes. I know we beat them back in week 5 (which I'm guessing is what you're referring to), but the playoffs are a whole different atmosphere and they were struggling at the time. They are rolling now.

We are rolling too! Lets get positive dude! Our D did a 180 during our Super Bowl run. They can do it now too. PLUS the Colts have the Coach returning which could do wonders for the locker room.

Who gives a hoot! I've been there done that too many times worrying about who we're going to play first in the playoffs. Bring on the Seahawks for all I care. Hahahaha! Any yes, I know that couldn't happen, just had to get my point across that I don't care one ounce who we play in playoffs cause we'll give anyone a good game!!!