Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Prediction that we're flexed next week...

haughvillian

OK, enough negativity...they won, they're in and you go from here. Ironically, Houston has something to play for next week. I predict they'll flex the New England, Denver, and Colt's game to 4:25 next week. This would go with past league policies from years past. The seeding is the only thing left in the AFC to determine. See if I'm Kreskin tomorrow!!!

With the Cowboys losing day I will scream if they flex the Skins/Cowboys game. Good God enough already with that horribly overrated division.

If Baltimore hangs on today then Baltimore/Cincy need not be flexed either for drama purposes right?

Yeah flex us. We got the Pagano story and Houston has to win too. And I love Houston in must win prime time games!!! :)

There is one night game right? Give it to us!!!!!

They are going to flex the Washington vs. Dallas game unfortunately. The NFL goes out of there way to put the NFCleast on TV because of their markets. Couple that with the fact RGIII is already one of, if not the most popular player in the NFL and its a dream for the networks and the NFL.

I hope we get flexed, because the Texans never show up in prime time. A prime time national game vs the Texans greatly increases our chance to win.

IMO the league wants Manning and Brady to both have bye weeks if possible. They would rather have Manning or Brady in the SB over Schaub.

Just how I feel.

Of course we are fighting the NFC East hype but it seems like a waste of time with both the Giants/Cowboys choking today.

I say we have a 10% chance of being flexed. I think it will be Dallas/Washington for sure. RGIII in primetime, playoffs on the line, the storied Red Sox/Yankees rivalry....Wrong sport, better rivalry my mistake. NFC East is the most over-hyped division in the NFL every year.

They are going to flex the Washington vs. Dallas game unfortunately. The NFL goes out of there way to put the NFCleast on TV because of their markets. Couple that with the fact RGIII is already one of, if not the most popular player in the NFL and its a dream for the networks and the NFL.

It would seem pretty biased if they did that. RG3 has already had a few primetime games this year.

We are due....

Wasn't the OP talking about the fact that the league may want the three AFC games involving teams with potential byes to start at the same time so that all three games remain relevant? That has NOTHING to do with what's going to be on national tv.

Frankly none of those games will be compelling. "Will Houston/Denver/New England blow it against a team that has nothing to play for"? Why would a national audience prefer to see that over what may be a "winner take all" battle for a playoff spot? It has nothing to do with the "NFC East bias" that some of you are obsessed with.

I don't think we're flexed to prime time...just to 4:25 late afternoon game. All 1:00 games will be meaningless. They'll put all teams that need a win playing at the same time so there's drama. I don't know about the Sunday nigth game. I don't see the Colt's being flexed into that game...

It's gonna be Dallas and Washington because the division title is on the line and potentially the playoff hopes of 3 teams (Giants, Cowboys, Skins) could lie in the balance depending on what happens earlier in the day.  Plus its RG3 with a chance to make the post season against "America's Team"...must see T.V.  :D

I did not realize the winner takes all thing was happening again in the NFC East. Does this have to happen every season? Sigh.

"The Pattern", LOL.

Cowboys and Romo have a good shot to take down Falcons on the road as a #4, IMO. Cowboys are a team whose home team record is pitiful just like the Giants, so it might do good for them if they spent most of the playoffs on the road :).

"The Pattern", LOL.

Cowboys and Romo have a good shot to take down Falcons on the road as a #4, IMO. Cowboys are a team whose home team record is pitiful just like the Giants, so it might do good for them if they spent most of the playoffs on the road :).

Oh God the pattern won't die!!!

I like the Cowboys chances more next weekend on the road actually....

But, the last to first pattern still arises every year since 2002 as well, which is what the Skins would accomplish.

Next weekend, a pattern will end. I am pulling for the Cowboys though. I actually feel they could make a suprise run maybe if they got in.

Oh God the pattern won't die!!!

I like the Cowboys chances more next weekend on the road actually....

But, the last to first pattern still arises every year since 2002 as well, which is what the Skins would accomplish.

Next weekend, a pattern will end. I am pulling for the Cowboys though. I actually feel they could make a suprise run maybe if they got in.

Romo fought vs the Saints, he really did. But at some point, his D needs to step it up and they have the man CBs to match up with Julio Jones and Roddy White if both Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne are healthy.

On the flip side, I do think Matt Ryan is due like Peyton who went 0-3 in the playoffs in his first 3 games and then won 2 in a row before losing in the AFCCG to the Pats. If he wins 2 this time, Ryan is in the SB.

Bogie would hate it if it were Broncos vs Falcons in the SB, he would not know who to root for, LOL!!! :)

Saints fans cannot stand the fact that a division rival could win the SB in their backyard, I totally understand that!!!

Romo fought vs the Saints, he really did. But at some point, his D needs to step it up and they have the man CBs to match up with Julio Jones and Roddy White if both Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne are healthy.

I get sick of the blame being put on Romo all the time.

And the Vikings clinch a playoff berth as well if they beat Green Bay, easier said then done......

A lot to be determined next weekend.

Darnit, I kinda want the Vikes in. I am not sure GB will let it happen though. I am sick of the Bears.

On the flip side, I do think Matt Ryan is due like Peyton who went 0-3 in the playoffs in his first 3 games and then won 2 in a row before losing in the AFCCG to the Pats. If he wins 2 this time, Ryan is in the SB.

Bogie would hate it if it were Broncos vs Falcons in the SB, he would not know who to root for, LOL!!! :)

Saints fans cannot stand the fact that a division rival could win the SB in their backyard, I totally understand that!!!

Romo has really stepped up in the last few years. I predicted him to throw for 400 against our terrible secondary. I didn't get to sit home and watch this game sadly, I was shocked we won it. I had Dallas winning it.

I just don't see Atlanta going that far. Easiest schedule in the league and they have struggled against some teams they should be blowing out. I don't see Matt Ryan winning a playoff game. There is no excuses anymore. Those guys went 13-3 "best team in the league" in 2010 and with all that home field advantage, he stunk it up against a Packers team that really had no business even being there.

I think Denver did play Atlanta in the Super Bowl a while back. That was a boring game. Would have been more interesting if the Vikings made it that year.

I hope we get flexed, because the Texans never show up in prime time. A prime time national game vs the Texans greatly increases our chance to win.

they can only flex one game and it must be announced today, which was Dallas and Redskins (by the way, do the Skins have to win their last game to get in?)

NE/Miami was flexed to 4:25. Same time as Broncos/Chiefs.

So far Colts/Texans remains at 1 pm with Ravens/Bengals.

Not sure I like this if NE can know during their game where they stand if they look. (unless the Chiefs/Broncos stay close)

This is complete and utter crap IMO if they do not move us to 4:25 as well. They are giving NE (if they want to know) the option to see where they stand during their game vs. Miami. Sure Denver is playing KC at the same time but the chances seem much slimmer there for an upset.

It's not a lock. If NE loses and Baltimore wins then NE is #4.

IMO we have to play to win at 1 pm if we want to stay with the Colts/Ravens set up. Of course the Ravens may lose to Cincy too but we can't plan on this either.

Wasn't the OP talking about the fact that the league may want the three AFC games involving teams with potential byes to start at the same time so that all three games remain relevant? That has NOTHING to do with what's going to be on national tv.

Frankly none of those games will be compelling. "Will Houston/Denver/New England blow it against a team that has nothing to play for"? Why would a national audience prefer to see that over what may be a "winner take all" battle for a playoff spot? It has nothing to do with the "NFC East bias" that some of you are obsessed with.

MAC ~  You don't buy into all the Conspiracy Theories...???   What's wrong with you  :lol:  :nutz:  :peek: