Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We had no business winning today. None. And yet.....

NewColtsFan

Of course it wasn't just the one win against the Chiefs that has me concerned. 

Taking a look at our results one can gleam quite an impression of what this club is capable of at the moment, and playoff success would not seem to be included.

Speaking of Jacksonville, that horrid squad, did you know that they are the only team we've beaten by more than 1 score? Our only single score loss was to Jacksonville as well.

Any team worth thinking of within a playoff contender scenario WILL be able to cite games they played that season in which they beat the snot out of "lesser" teams.

You know I know that you are correct, but you cited that because we just beat the Chiefs we were doomed"....

We are doomed because we are not good enough.........yet.

Have a good day kind sir..

We have not done this, save for the 17 point win @ Jax, we've slid by, often in dramatic 'comeback' fashion in the last minute. It's good that we've been able to do that, but you really don't want to see such a pattern form.  

Has anyone looked at the collective of teams we've beaten this year?

Save for the Vikings and the Packers, our 'win' column is filled with a who's who of NFL losers. 

Sooooooo....yeah, we aren't going far in the post season unless, by some cosmic mystery, the playoffs are manned by the worst teams in the league, and after Sundays stumbling performance, even then we may not get far. 

You cannot gauge a team by one game, certainly not. Looking at all the games, there is absolutely ZERO reason to get too excited about the playoffs (even though I'm going to be foaming at the mouth come playoff gameday this year). 

I just don't want to see our forum littered with heartbroken fans after the loss because somehow they became disillusioned that this a typical 10+ win squad. We are not. Our year was a strange trip. 

We hear the term "They're better than their record". Here, with the Colts, the opposite is true. Our record is better than our team. 

I think the fact that we barely beat the worst team in the NFL may signal that our travels into the playoffs will be quite brief.

However, next season should bring with it real promises of playoff contention. Given the success we've had this year, it wouldn't surprise me to see a similar dramatic exit as we had in 1996.

The Broncos struggled with KC. And the Panthers got beat by KC....

With that being said, KC is horrible offense. They only scored 13 points against us and we scored our normal 20 points.... pretty typical 2012 Colts... i don't know why anyone would be worried about this game.

Luck has phases in games where I just think if he can just hit one pass he'll be alright.  That's happened on Sunday.  On the touchdown drive he finally completed a pass and it got him going.  That can happen to rookie QBs and if you watch Luck you will notice he has these streaks (maybe not as long as on Sunday) during the game of in completions.  It's just part of a growing phase of a rookie QB.  With that said the guys who are supposed to catch it were just not helping Luck on Sunday either.  Yes Luck made some poor throws but there were a lot of just flat out drops.  Also to be fair, I think something I would like to see improved in the play calling is a recognition of when Luck is struggling and dialing up a very very easy pass play for him just to get him going.  I did notice on Sunday that the Colts seemed to stay away from the long ball.  It seemed like there was more of an effort to call shorter pass plays. 

Totally agree with OP.

KC beat KC, not Indy.

I still cant believe we won.

I didn't understand why on earth they were letting Quinn throw the ball when it was clear we couldn't tackle Romeo Crennel if he started calling running plays for himself let alone their backs.  With that said that's why KC has only won two games this year.  They tend to do dumb things like that.