Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We had no business winning today. None. And yet.....

NewColtsFan

.....   we won.

We got out played, out classed, out coached...   and yet....   we won.

How could a defense that gave up more than 500 yards of total offense, including an NFL season high 350+ yards of rushing manage to make so many critical stops when we needed them.

Insanity.

KC should have won this game, but left a minimum of 12 points off the board.   Minimum.

--  The defense came up with a pick-6 by Butler.

--  The defense camp with the Int by Davis and that saved at least 3 points.

--  The defense (Angerer) forced a fumble, Colts recover, and that saved at least 3 points.

--  The KC kicker, normally very good,  missed a short, very makable FG and that saved 3 points.

--  And the best of all...   on 4th and inches in Colts territory,  we haven't stopped Charles or Hillis, and what does KC do?   They try a QB sneak and get stuffed.   And that saved at least 3 points.

That call by the KC OC and approved by Crennell may get that entire staff fired.   It's a candidate for the worst call of the season by any coaching staff.   They outsmarted themselves.   They ignored the obvious and got too clever.   They blew it, big time!

I don't know how we manage to do it.    We should have lost this game.    But we won.

The outcome was amazing.   Just as it has been all season long.     Incredible!    

D was overall horrible (like much of the year), but stiuationally brilliant.  We need better players in font line and at corner/safety.  Davis and Bethea would appreciate help, LB's would appreciate big NT and linemen keeping offense  linemen from coming up and blocking them out of the play.

Looking at the stats the Colts are the only team in the NFL that scored fewer points than they gave up and still have a winning record.  No, by all accounts they should be 5-10 not the other way around but I'm not complaining!!

Playoffs bay-be!!!

.....   we won.

How could a defense that gave up more than 500 yards of total offense, including an NFL season high 350+ yards of rushing manage to make so many critical stops when we needed them.

Insanity.

KC should have won this game, but left a minimum of 12 points off the board.   Minimum.

--  The defense (Angerer) forced a fumble, Colts recover, and that saved at least 3 points.

--  The KC kicker, normally very good,  missed a short, very makable FG and that saved 3 points.

--  And the best of all...   on 4th and inches in Colts territory,  we haven't stopped Charles or Hillis, and what does KC do?   They try a QB sneak and get stuffed.   And that saved at least 3 points.

That call by the KC OC and approved by Crennell may get that entire staff fired.   It's a candidate for the worst call of the season by any coaching staff.   They outsmarted themselves.   They ignored the obvious and got too clever.   They blew it, big time!

I don't know how we manage to do it.    We should have lost this game.    But we won.

ummm wasnt that davis INT given back to KC due to a PI by davis (that was not a PI btw). either way i said it in another thread people underestimate KC and Brady Quinn. Quinn is not that bad of a QB when he has the time to throw the ball. he is like luck and is a victim to poor pass blocking. and honestly KC is a better team then what their record shows and alot of people think their just a push over. my big question is, how in the heck did we lose to houston when minnesota was even able to beat them in houston??? Ballard rushed for over 100 yards against houston luck threw for more yards then A.P, and Ponder did and yet we get beat. (well actualy i do know how we lost, we lost due to stupid mistakes on our own end) 

ummm wasnt that davis INT given back to KC due to a PI by davis (that was not a PI btw). either way i said it in another thread people underestimate KC and Brady Quinn. Quinn is not that bad of a QB when he has the time to throw the ball. he is like luck and is a victim to poor pass blocking. and honestly KC is a better team then what their record shows and alot of people think their just a push over. my big question is, how in the heck did we lose to houston when minnesota was even able to beat them in houston??? Ballard rushed for over 100 yards against houston luck threw for more yards then A.P, and Ponder did and yet we get beat. (well actualy i do know how we lost, we lost due to stupid mistakes on our own end) 

Actually, no....   Davis made TWO picks today.    One in the EZ which stopped a drive. 

The other is the one you're thinking of.   Davis made another pick there and yes,  that was NOT pass interference.    Of, if it was, then it was earlier in the rout...   because what the replay's showed was not PI.

So,  there were two Davis Interceptions.   One counted.   And one was called off due to the bogus call...

Hope that clarifies....

I would take Russell Wilson and a bunch of draft picks for Luck.

Russel Wilson completes about 15 passes a game.  The Seahawks are 26th in the league in passing.  With Wilson, this Colts team would be 3-13.   So, you better get a HOFer with every pick. 

.....   we won.

Insanity.

You could say the same about most of our victories this season!

Colts got dominated in the second half.  Although the defense got gashed in the running game...they got 3 turnovers to their credit.  The 4th down stop was the gamechanger.  Romeo Crennel's defense baffled Luck all day but when the chips were down #12 still managed to hit Reggie Wayne for the gamewinner.  We gave up over 350 yards rushing.  Gotta find a way to fix that.  No way we win giving that up against any other team in the league yesterday.  Fortunately, we were playing a team quarterbacked by Brady Quinn.  You take your victories however you can get them and get out of town quick. 

.....   we won.

Insanity.

NCF...   this team has outstanding leadership...

Colt fans who have watched this team over the last couple decades are use to this type of thing.    The Colts have a culture in the locker room that just does not say quit.      With Manning one never stopped watching....   Luck is the same....

Indy has been blown out a few times ...       last season mid season "I" was on record as saying this team "has quit" ....

I was wrong.      The core of a decade long championship team is still around.     And it lingers....   

ATTITUDE...   and commitment.   

Wayne, Mathis, Freeney, Bethea, and the rest of this staff have totally sold this young team on a winning work ethic. 

The culture of this team is really something to be proud of...     on the field and off..

Go Colts......

Exactly why we can go deep in the playoffs. All the way too! WHY NOT US!

I think the fact that we barely beat the worst team in the NFL may signal that our travels into the playoffs will be quite brief. 

However, next season should bring with it real promises of playoff contention. Given the success we've had this year, it wouldn't surprise me to see a similar dramatic exit as we had in 1996.

I think the fact that we barely beat the worst team in the NFL may signal that our travels into the playoffs will be quite brief. 

However, next season should bring with it real promises of playoff contention. Given the success we've had this year, it wouldn't surprise me to see a similar dramatic exit as we had in 1996.

Whilst I sort of agree, if you use the same kind of thinking, the Patriots just squeezed by the Jags, who are arguably worse than Kansas, so are you ruling them out too?

Whilst I sort of agree, if you use the same kind of thinking, the Patriots just squeezed by the Jags, who are arguably worse than Kansas, so are you ruling them out too?

I don't think that's an apples to apples comparison.

You've singled out the Patriots for playing one bad game.     Whereas the Colts narrow wins and bad losses have been going on all season.

Big difference.

I don't think that's an apples to apples comparison.

You've singled out the Patriots for playing one bad game.     Whereas the Colts narrow wins and bad losses have been going on all season.

Big difference.

Show me where Ruksak mentioned any other Colts struggles v other teams and I will concede your point.

As you cannot, please keep your 'big difference' comments to your self thank you.

give credit to the defense. while they give up yards, they dont give up that much points. a lot times they hold offenses to fgs instead of tds

we are 23rd in the league in points per game against but 87 of our 371 points given up are from field goals, I dont know what the percentage is there nor have I gone deeper into those stats , I think thats roughly 40% or theirabouts, Of course just off the top of my head (Something I really should not do when it comes to math :funny: )

we are 23rd in the league in points per game against but 87 of our 371 points given up are from field goals, I dont know what the percentage is there nor have I gone deeper into those stats , I think thats roughly 40% or theirabouts, Of course just off the top of my head (Something I really should not do when it comes to math :funny: )

how many of those tds were in the red zone

That would be sooooo awesome!

Of course it wasn't just the one win against the Chiefs that has me concerned. 

Taking a look at our results one can gleam quite an impression of what this club is capable of at the moment, and playoff success would not seem to be included.

Speaking of Jacksonville, that horrid squad, did you know that they are the only team we've beaten by more than 1 score? Our only single score loss was to Jacksonville as well.

Any team worth thinking of within a playoff contender scenario WILL be able to cite games they played that season in which they beat the snot out of "lesser" teams.

We have not done this, save for the 17 point win @ Jax, we've slid by, often in dramatic 'comeback' fashion in the last minute. It's good that we've been able to do that, but you really don't want to see such a pattern form.  

Has anyone looked at the collective of teams we've beaten this year?

Save for the Vikings and the Packers, our 'win' column is filled with a who's who of NFL losers. 

Sooooooo....yeah, we aren't going far in the post season unless, by some cosmic mystery, the playoffs are manned by the worst teams in the league, and after Sundays stumbling performance, even then we may not get far. 

You cannot gauge a team by one game, certainly not. Looking at all the games, there is absolutely ZERO reason to get too excited about the playoffs (even though I'm going to be foaming at the mouth come playoff gameday this year). 

I just don't want to see our forum littered with heartbroken fans after the loss because somehow they became disillusioned that this a typical 10+ win squad. We are not. Our year was a strange trip. 

We hear the term "They're better than their record". Here, with the Colts, the opposite is true. Our record is better than our team. 

Of course it wasn't just the one win against the Chiefs that has me concerned.

Taking a look at our results one can gleam quite an impression of what this club is capable of at the moment, and playoff success would not seem to be included.

Speaking of Jacksonville, that horrid squad, did you know that they are the only team we've beaten by more than 1 score? Our only single score loss was to Jacksonville as well.

Any team worth thinking of within a playoff contender scenario WILL be able to cite games they played that season in which they beat the snot out of "lesser" teams.

We have not done this, save for the 17 point win @ Jax, we've slid by, often in dramatic 'comeback' fashion in the last minute. It's good that we've been able to do that, but you really don't want to see such a pattern form.

Has anyone looked at the collective of teams we've beaten this year?

Save for the Vikings and the Packers, our 'win' column is filled with a who's who of NFL losers.

Sooooooo....yeah, we aren't going far in the post season unless, by some cosmic mystery, the playoffs are manned by the worst teams in the league, and after Sundays stumbling performance, even then we may not get far.

You cannot gauge a team by one game, certainly not. Looking at all the games, there is absolutely ZERO reason to get too excited about the playoffs (even though I'm going to be foaming at the mouth come playoff gameday this year).

I just don't want to see our forum littered with heartbroken fans after the loss because somehow they became disillusioned that this a typical 10+ win squad. We are not. Our year was a strange trip.

We hear the term "They're better than their record". Here, with the Colts, the opposite is true. Our record is better than our team.

I'm already seriously satisfied with the season. You know though however if we do lose in the first round many will be calling for heads to roll. I think the Colts have massively exceeded expectations and we still have two games left at minimum. I think everyone needs to just be excited about that, watch and be proud of the Colts and realize that they can do a TON of work in the off season to get better.

Many people thought it was going to take this team 3-4 years to just get back to the playoffs. haha

I'm already seriously satisfied with the season.  I think everyone needs to just be excited about that

Many people thought it was going to take this team 3-4 years to just get back to the playoffs. haha

^^Nailed it. Just be happy for what has been entirely unforeseen. We're back!!!

Have a great Christmas Dan!!!