Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UKColt13

Who was at fault for our bad D against Chiefs?

59 posts in this topic

Everyone, you don't give up that many yards on the ground and blame one group

1 person likes this

Everybody was bad, but the last line of defense was terrible. By the last line of defense, I mean the safeties. 

After 3 great performances, Bethea was invisible today and missed some tackles. Bad performance. Lefeged looked very good too, tackling wise.

Then, the linebackers couldn't make the initial stop. Freeman wasn't horrible, but Charles got the best of him. Angerer had a tough day tackling. 

It seemed like an off day for the whole run D. Every team has an off day. The Colts are lucky they can win on their off days, because a lot of teams can't.

Was it the players, the co-ordination, or just a bad gameplan defensively??

Got to credit the Chiefs too. But the D stepped up when it counted, right?

1 person likes this

I don't think I even noticed Bethea today, and he is usually one of the the most noticeable and involved of our players.

It was my fault.

You should have asked the devil for a run d instead of blues talent..

1 person likes this

Got to credit the Chiefs too. But the D stepped up when it counted, right?

Absolutely, the best series then D had was the last one they played.

Technically the D wasn't that bad they allowed 350 rushing yards yes, but only 13 pts haha.

1 person likes this

You should have asked the devil for a run d instead of blues talent..

ya got that right,next time i will,lol

1 person likes this

We held KC to 13 points and that is the main thing. The D also scored 7 points.

2 people like this

Technically the D wasn't that bad they allowed 350 rushing yards yes, but only 13 pts haha.

I'm sorry but allowing 350 rush yards is bad D.

Lol how was the D bad?? They only scored 13 pts and had a pick 6.... were you expecting a shut out?

1 person likes this

Manusky for failing to adjust, at some point you have to trust that your Secondary can get the job done vs the Chiefs and bring a Safety up in the box and our Linebackers (like they have been all season long) have been caught way out of position, every one flowing one way "with the grain" so to speak which leaves cut back lanes wide open, also outside runs have been a problem all season

It was truly a horrific performance by everybody, but the Chiefs were able to break containment on the edge's with ease, especially when they ran to the left side.

2 people like this

Completely pathetic. We gave up 13 points on the road in Arrowhead with a new scheme. Anything over 7 points in that situation is just incomprehensible.

Sadly we'll just have to try to forget the pain while watching our team in the playoffs. Not sure how much that is gonna help.

Lol. I am apologizing for my smartalic attitude, but I am truly amazed. I have not done the research but I am going to guess that holding a team to 13 points, on the road, in an outdoor stadium when your team plays indoors, in late December, at Arrowhead  of all places, is fantastic....without even going into the greenness of this defense. Last time I checked, games are decided by points, not yards allowed. Again, my apologies to those who need to complain about how bad the defense is. After 13 years of witnessing complaining about it during one of the winningest decades in the history of the NFL, which included a SB victory, has me exhausted.

Please get back to your normally scheduled complaining.

7 people like this

Lol how was the D bad?? They only scored 13 pts and had a pick 6.... were you expecting a shut out?

A shut out? No. But giving up 350 rushing yards is bad D especially against a team who were shut out by the Raiders awful D last week.

Because were lucky that was Brady Quinn we were dealing with and not Tom Brady again, if that were the Pats or Texans we were playing today instead of the Brady Quinn led Chiefs then we would have been run out of the stadium

2 people like this

My wife and sister in law were just up in arms about Jamal Charles and  Hillis running at will against us until I explained the strategy. I personally think it was brilliant. We let them have those long runs and wore them out in the fourth quarter. Charles and Hillis both looked gas at the end. Again a brilliant game plan.  

2 people like this

My wife and sister in law were just up in arms about Jamal Charles and  Hillis running at will against us until I explained the strategy. I personally think it was brilliant. We let them have those long runs and wore them out in the fourth quarter. Charles and Hillis both looked gas at the end. Again a brilliant game plan.  

Seriously dont think that was part of a strategy, any one of those long runs could have went for a TD, I think it was just bad execution especially on our Linebackers

A typical lack of Honesty. Freeney Freeney Freeney

He of course has many Career Sacks.

Of course you vote him to the Pro Bowl and Trump up his Great Pass Rushing claim to fame because you LOVE having a Free 5+ yards anytime you run his way.

86 Yards on one today as he sold out inside. Has anyone EVER given up so many Easy rushing yards? I think it is a fair ???

Seriously dont think that was part of a strategy, any one of those long runs could have went for a TD, I think it was just bad execution especially on our Linebackers

Obviously not a strategy to let them have long runs. Some real bad execution for sure.

I know KC killed themselves, but the D did only allow 13 points. We'll take that any day.

Lol I should have added /sarcasm...

1 person likes this

A typical lack of Honesty. Freeney Freeney Freeney

He of course has many Career Sacks.

Of course you vote him to the Pro Bowl and Trump up his Great Pass Rushing claim to fame because you LOVE having a Free 5+ yards anytime you run his way.

86 Yards on one today as he sold out inside. Has anyone EVER given up so many Easy rushing yards? I think it is a fair ???

While I agree whole heartedly with what you say, it sounds like you expected him to be a factor in stopping the run, Freeney only knows 1 thing and thats wht he was brough back for, It has always been a given-run at Freeney get some free yards, no secret and the coeaches new that when they kept him this season, nothing new. Not sure who you were directing your comment to though

The 13 points was not because of our defense, it was because we were facing Brady Quinn. Anyone else would have torched us. Let's face it, the defense did enough to allow us to win. Good for them, but at no time would we confuse that for GOOD defense.

What?

Lol I should have added /sarcasm...

oops ya got me on that one, I thought ya was serious, see what words over a computer can do without emotion :thmup:

Wait, actually I take back what I said about the defense doing enough to allow us to win. It was an absolutely pathetic effort. Yes we got the win, but barely against a team with nothing to play for -- a team that gets dominated by everyone else-- except they have a career day against the Colts. I know we won, but we are a playoff team. We should have dominated! Yes we held them to 13 points, but we could've and should've played much better. I don't want us to limp into the playoffs.

We held them to 13 points...which is awesome until you remember they hadn't scored a TD since the first quarter of the Browns game in week 14....this was a defensive embarrassment in many ways. It won't cut it in the playoffs. Improvement is needed....but I am still happy with the win!

The secondary tackling was bad but the front 7 did a horrible job containing the edges in this game. Some of it was due to the refs letting the chiefs getting away with blatant holding but mostly it was on the players.

It doesnt help that we were playing a bunch of backups along the D-line either.

The defensive tackles played bad, Geathers, others. Mookie Johnson may be better than people think? He missed the game. 

Completely pathetic. We gave up 13 points on the road in Arrowhead with a new scheme. Anything over 7 points in that situation is just incomprehensible.

Sadly we'll just have to try to forget the pain while watching our team in the playoffs. Not sure how much that is gonna help.

Lol. I am apologizing for my smartalic attitude, but I am truly amazed. I have not done the research but I am going to guess that holding a team to 13 points, on the road, in an outdoor stadium when your team plays indoors, in late December, at Arrowhead  of all places, is fantastic....without even going into the greenness of this defense. Last time I checked, games are decided by points, not yards allowed. Again, my apologies to those who need to complain about how bad the defense is. After 13 years of witnessing complaining about it during one of the winningest decades in the history of the NFL, which included a SB victory, has me exhausted.

Please get back to your normally scheduled complaining.

Lo, had to quote cause ran out of likes!

I also believe the Chiefs backs simply ran out of gas at the end. :^)

I have to admit, I was really concerned about this game being a potential trap:

1) On the road

2) In the cold

3) Against a team with no pressure on them at all

4) Knowing this was practically a 'must win' with the Texans coming in next week

5) Many backups playing due to injury

6) The idea that reality might set in, and the players realize they are in over their collective heads

Was it the players, the co-ordination, or just a bad gameplan defensively??

What? Our Defense won us the game, the offense was horrible for 3 1/2 quarters.

That being said, even if the defense was horrible, who cares, we still won the game.