Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Play-off bound...Will we play luck next week?

colts 101

That game is going to be significant. The Texans will probably be playing for a first round bye, and we might have a chance to lock up the 5th seed, get a game against the Bengals or Ravens, and avoid the Patriots, Broncos or Texans. 

Luck doesn't sit. No one sits.

With the level of Luck's play today, and that of the offense, someone honestly feels it would be a good idea to sit him, a rookie QB, next week?  He looked worse today than he has all year.  I'm fairly certain he could use the reps. 

This team is not good enough to rest. What do we want to rest healthy guys for? Our "Super Bowl" run?

Pagano is coming back. I expect starters and back ups to play inspired.

We need a good performance.

Exactly...no way we half tail it with Coach Pagano returning back to the sidelines after the fight of his life.  The team will play to win for Coach...period. 

That game is going to be significant. The Texans will probably be playing for a first round bye, and we might have a chance to lock up the 5th seed, get a game against the Bengals or Ravens, and avoid the Patriots, Broncos or Texans. 

Luck doesn't sit. No one sits.

I thought that today's win locked up the 5th seed.

I have a feeling our young roster is running into that rookie wall...but we can't afford to rest our guys. We have to play through it. In the short term, it gives us a better chance of winning a playoff game. Long term, it's important that our rookies get the experience of playing through the grind.

This team is not good enough to rest. What do we want to rest healthy guys for? Our "Super Bowl" run?

Pagano is coming back. I expect starters and back ups to play inspired.

We need a good performance.

This is what I said in your "play to win" thread. We are just not that good to be resting players. They need all the reps they can get.

If we beat Houston next week, while the Broncos and Patriote both win out, Houston will drop to the #3 seed.

There's no way we're sitting Luck.

I don't want to "help" Houston either. I mean when we helped the Titans in 2007 I wanted to barf......

I'm not sure. The Bengals can still win the North, and I think the Ravens would own a tie breaker over us for the 5th seed.

But if the Bengals win the division, the Ravens would only have 9 wins.  So yes, the Colts clinched the #5. 

I've decided that "If I ran the zoo", Luck would sit.

In fact I don't see any gain in risking him, when we all know he's going to get rocked.

Sit him. It's a smart move.

Or we could try some tweaks to see if we can handle the Texans rush, should we meet again.

I'm really not worried about Luck getting hurt.

Or we could try some tweaks to see if we can handle the Texans rush, should we meet again.

I'm really not worried about Luck getting hurt.

I'm not worried either, but we probably should be, in a meaningless game against a D line that will get to Luck all game. The adjustments won't matter, if the last 15 games are any indication.

I think Luck has been rattled too much lately and a week off for him might really be a good thing anyway.