Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colts 101

Play-off bound...Will we play luck next week?

42 posts in this topic

Now that we are in the play offs, will Luck play the entire game next week or will he get a break?

I think we needs our guys to play. at least try to not allow the Texans to get a bye. but if the game gets out of hand we can consider resting guys.

I am not sure that Luck needs to be facing that pass rush for the whole game, next week.

This team is not good enough to rest. What do we want to rest healthy guys for? Our "Super Bowl" run?

Pagano is coming back. I expect starters and back ups to play inspired.

We need a good performance.

4 people like this

He has to play. He's still got much to improve on and that's not going to happen sitting on the sidelines.

That game is going to be significant. The Texans will probably be playing for a first round bye, and we might have a chance to lock up the 5th seed, get a game against the Bengals or Ravens, and avoid the Patriots, Broncos or Texans. 

Luck doesn't sit. No one sits.

2 people like this

With the level of Luck's play today, and that of the offense, someone honestly feels it would be a good idea to sit him, a rookie QB, next week?  He looked worse today than he has all year.  I'm fairly certain he could use the reps. 

Luck and anyone healthy should play. Still too much inconsistency from the O to rest and expect a strong performance.

Anyone banged up...rest em.

This team is not good enough to rest. What do we want to rest healthy guys for? Our "Super Bowl" run?

Exactly...no way we half tail it with Coach Pagano returning back to the sidelines after the fight of his life.  The team will play to win for Coach...period. 

1 person likes this

I think Luck should play but this OL might get him killed. This is official I hate the OL day, I'm sick of this and it makes me sick to my stomach.

That game is going to be significant. The Texans will probably be playing for a first round bye, and we might have a chance to lock up the 5th seed, get a game against the Bengals or Ravens, and avoid the Patriots, Broncos or Texans. 

Luck doesn't sit. No one sits.

I thought that today's win locked up the 5th seed.

I have a feeling our young roster is running into that rookie wall...but we can't afford to rest our guys. We have to play through it. In the short term, it gives us a better chance of winning a playoff game. Long term, it's important that our rookies get the experience of playing through the grind.

1 person likes this

Luck has lots of room to improve if the Colts want to win a playoff game.....I'd play him at least the majority of the game next week.

I'm not sure, but I really hope so. Our offense looked out of sync all game today. They need as much work as possible. Plus, I want to keep that streak alive of beating Houston at home. :)

I say play them, but don't take any unnecessary risks in the game.

This isn't a nothing game. The Texans will try and the Colts must too.

This game will be good practice for Luck. You can't be benching a rookie quarterback before the playoffs.

If we beat Houston next week, while the Broncos and Patriote both win out, Houston will drop to the #3 seed.

There's no way we're sitting Luck.

1 person likes this

This is what I said in your "play to win" thread. We are just not that good to be resting players. They need all the reps they can get.

1 person likes this

I thought that today's win locked up the 5th seed.

It did.

I'm not sure. The Bengals can still win the North, and I think the Ravens would own a tie breaker over us for the 5th seed.

If we beat Houston next week, while the Broncos and Patriote both win out, Houston will drop to the #3 seed.

There's no way we're sitting Luck.

I don't want to "help" Houston either. I mean when we helped the Titans in 2007 I wanted to barf......

Watt may get the sack record against Luck. Watt only needs 2.5 sacks. We have got to keep Luck healthy. I would like to see every healthy person play.

Run the ball vs. Houston.

I mean if we get someone hurt what happens? We blow our SB or bust season. lmao

I'm not sure. The Bengals can still win the North, and I think the Ravens would own a tie breaker over us for the 5th seed.

Doesn't effect us. we owned all Tie breakers other than if we tied NYJ

But if the Bengals win the division, the Ravens would only have 9 wins.  So yes, the Colts clinched the #5. 

Doesn't effect us. we owned all Tie breakers other than if we tied NYJ

I had been paying most attention to the tie breakers vs. the Bengals and Steelers. Hadn't looked at the Ravens so much. If it's true that we have the five seed locked up, then great.

But if the Bengals win the division, the Ravens would only have 9 wins.  So yes, the Colts clinched the #5.

Yup, you're right. 

Hello Texans.

Hello third seed.

We can try!!!!!!!

5th seed is the best we can do . Oh... you mean 3rd seed for Texans.. I get it

5th seed is the best we can do

I know, I mean Texans lose they can be #3 if Pats/Broncos take care of business in the finales.

I've decided that "If I ran the zoo", Luck would sit.

In fact I don't see any gain in risking him, when we all know he's going to get rocked.

Sit him. It's a smart move.

I've decided that "If I ran the zoo", Luck would sit.

In fact I don't see any gain in risking him, when we all know he's going to get rocked.

Sit him. It's a smart move.

Or we could try some tweaks to see if we can handle the Texans rush, should we meet again.

I'm really not worried about Luck getting hurt.

1 person likes this

Yes, the Colts have clinched the #5 seed on common games.  I hope that's the last time I have to think about the tie-breaking procedures for a year. :)

1 person likes this

Or we could try some tweaks to see if we can handle the Texans rush, should we meet again.

I'm really not worried about Luck getting hurt.

I'm not worried either, but we probably should be, in a meaningless game against a D line that will get to Luck all game. The adjustments won't matter, if the last 15 games are any indication.

I think Luck has been rattled too much lately and a week off for him might really be a good thing anyway.

We should give a lot of our backups some PT.... wait... we already are!  ;)

Don't rest. Give them the work, good for the future.