Photo

I would prefer to play to win vs. Houston

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#41 JWF

JWF
  • 1056 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

i just dont see the benefit of resting. This team is full of rookies and young guys. They need all the meaningful experience they can get.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Flip a coin.

When Luck is getting dumped by Watt all day, they'll be running a risk, for no tangible gain.

The Texans are going to play because of today, so maybe the Colts swing back?

Take your pick.

I'm pretty sure the Colts play to win. I'm not sure it's a great idea though.

I think you play to win. With that said, when you have nothing to play for you play smart. Luck needs to get rid of the ball quickly and avoid getting hit and needs to only throw to receivers when they are not in danger of getting decapitated. Defensively they need to play disciplined and not play with reckless abandon.

If they can win playing good fundamental ball that's great. If they have to lay it all on the line to get the win, then it's not worth it at this point in the season. This is dress rehearsal for the playoffs.

#43 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1383 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

I honestly don't think resting players helps.

I don't think it hurts either. If resting players hurts a team, then how come people aren't complaining about bye weeks?

I think if someone isn't 100% healthy or the team has a substantial lead in the game, players should be rested.

colts_jersey_sig2.png
Bleeding Blue, since '72..........

#44 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

I don't think it hurts either. If resting players hurts a team, then how come people aren't complaining about bye weeks?

I think if someone isn't 100% healthy or the team has a substantial lead in the game, players should be rested.

Well yes I agree with that, but people are talking about going into the game and resting main starters like Luck or Wayne.

I think we had plenty of bad karma the last decade of resting starters in the last couple weeks. I feel that was why he didn't go past the Divisional round in 2005, that team should have won the Super Bowl.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#45 LJpalmbeacher

LJpalmbeacher
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

It would be so fun to knock Houston from #1 to #3!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't  it be MORE FUN to knock the Ravens out in the playoffs?

#46 houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

I might be wrong but Pagano never struck me as "a resting healthy starters" type of guy. From the moment he walked in here he seemed to want us to go all out in everything.

PLEASE destroy the Texans.   I hate them.

#47 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7945 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

PLEASE destroy the Texans.   I hate them.

3ohueb.jpg

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012, 2014 AFC South Champions

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      21 Oct
    Bogie

Golden Dawn comes tonight, Ministry marathan before Halloween

Show comments (6)