Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

350 on the ground

jvan1973

Brady Quinn is so bad, he can lose a game his running backs won

Isn't it amazing that he keeps getting jobs?  He must hold one mean clipboard.

BTW, Charles had 165 against the Browns a few weeks ago and they lost by 23.  Not sure that means anything other than it's not how many yards you get, unless a bunch of them end past the goal line.

The Colts allowed 376 on the ground, and barely lost.

If this is a new record, allowing the most rushing yards and winning, then that's a record not to be proud of.

It was 375, and we lost 44-17.

I can't imagine anyone has given up more in a win, particularly in regulation.

Thankfully POINTS determine ballgames and not yards. I could have cared less if they ran for a 1000 yards. The defense was brick-solid in the redzone, but horrendous between the 20's.

Do ya really think we would have have been brick solid in the redzone if that would have been Tom Brady at QB or even Flacco (since we will likely play the Ravens in the WC). I definitly care how many yards we give up because that is an indicator our defense is not that good and good offenses will exploit it. Went with the dont break strategy and we eventually broke come playoff time UNTIL our defense came up BIG and led us to our SB win in 06

Something I've noticed about our philosophy is that we just completely ignore their strengths. Calvin Johnson, possibly best receiver in the NFL? Psh, no need for double teams, Vaughn's got this. 12 catches, 176 yards--Colts win the game anyways. Same thing here. They can go average a freaking 8 ypc, but that didn't translate into a win.

Do ya really think we would have have been brick solid in the redzone if that would have been Tom Brady at QB or even Flacco (since we will likely play the Ravens in the WC). I definitly care how many yards we give up because that is an indicator our defense is not that good and good offenses will exploit it. Went with the dont break strategy and we eventually broke come playoff time UNTIL our defense came up BIG and led us to our SB win in 06

When you can show me a game where a team won because they had more yards than the other team and yards were the determining factor I will give "yards" more credence.

My post was directly related to today's game and yes they were solid today in the redzone and horrible between the 20's. Brady probably would have been better, and Flacco isn't much of a step up from Brady Quinn in my opinion, but again this has nothing to do with my original post about "today's" game.

I think you're trying to decipher from my post that you think I'm saying the defense was good, which they weren't, BUT they were good enough to keep the Chiefs to 13 points and that's what matters.

We were lucky to be playing KC today any decent team blows us out of the water today. We are really hurting in the front seven of our starters in the front seven the only two healthy at the moment are Freeney and Mathis and they are not known for run stopping. We need Johnson, Redding, Conner, and Freeman to get healthy.