Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the Texans

jvan1973

People get on us for beating bad teams and praised the Texans when we basically have the same schedule except the texans played the broncos and ravens other than that same schedule. But somehow we are a product of our schedule and the Texans were considered best team at one point. Texans peaked at like week 8 and have faltered ever since just about. And just like Romo and the Cowboys, the texans will never win anything with Matt Schaub at QB.

People get on us for beating bad teams and praised the Texans when we basically have the same schedule except the texans played the broncos and ravens other than that same schedule. But somehow we are a product of our schedule and the Texans were considered best team at one point. Texans peaked at like week 8 and have faltered ever since just about. And just like Romo and the Cowboys, the texans will never win anything with Matt Schaub at QB.

I disagree whole-heartedly. Matt is a good quarterback and has proven that more than enough times in the past. With the way the AFC is, and with the potential and explosiveness this team has, Matt is going to get at least one SB win.

I disagree whole-heartedly. Matt is a good quarterback and has proven that more than enough times in the past. With the way the AFC is, and with the potential and explosiveness this team has, Matt is going to get at least one SB win.

Most of the city of Houston tends to disagree. Tend to say Matt Schaub is holding them back

Most of the city of Houston tends to disagree. Tend to say Matt Schaub is holding them back

I've heard this before, but I'm one of the people who don't believe it. I guess we will find out eventually. Not everyone can have a Brady, Brees, or Manning. Some of us have to settle with Ryans, Schaubs, and Staffords, which aren't that bad in my opinion. :D

You mean like Trent DIlfer did?

I've heard this before, but I'm one of the people who don't believe it. I guess we will find out eventually. Not everyone can have a Brady, Brees, or Manning. Some of us have to settle with Ryans, Schaubs, and Staffords, which aren't that bad in my opinion. :D

Interesting you chose those two other guys, neither of them have any playoff success either

With one of the best defenses in the history of the game

and 4th in points scored.

So the Texans have a 4th ranked defense (2nd in PA).

Kinda my point.

Also in the SB playing the best offense the Ravens gave up some points and Trent Dilfer played a flawless game to win.

and 4th in points scored.

So the Texans have a 4th ranked defense (2nd in PA).

Kinda my point.

Also in the SB playing the best offense the Ravens gave up some points and Trent Dilfer played a flawless game to win.

The giants scored seven points in the super bowl and Ray Lewis was the MVP

Interesting you chose those two other guys, neither of them have any playoff success either

I was under the impression that we were talking about overall success, which Stafford had last year and Ryan has had since he was a rookie. In any case, don't be surprised if any three of those quarterbacks get a SB ring. Brady and Manning aren't going to be around forever.

I was under the impression that we were talking about overall success, which Stafford had last year and Ryan has had since he was a rookie. In any case, don't be surprised if any three of those quarterbacks get a SB ring. Brady and Manning aren't going to be around forever.

We can rebuild him. We have the technology...We can make him better, faster, stronger...He is the 6 Billion Dollar Man..(had to adjust the amount for inflation) :thmup:

Seriously though...I can't see the Lions ever getting to the Super Bowl, unless they get a whole new front office makeover, and stop drafting knuckleheads. Ryan has a team, and they are in it this year..lets see how he performs this year...I don't disagree with the QB's you chose, and with the right team, any of them could win a Super Bowl..

The thing with Schaub to me is more mental than anything...He still seems to get rattled really easily, and if you can take away the running game, he tends to make mistakes. I think the Texans problem is basically that they haven't been a good team, save for the last couple of years. They could possibly gone farther last year with a healthy Schaub, and Andre Johnson. and now, they are in again, with a chance for home field throughout the playoffs. What they need to do is stop trying to prove they belong, and just play the game the way they know how..Its like putting too much pressure on yourselves..and usually when that happens, people tend to choke..

Schaub is not an upper tier elite QB, but he is decent enough to win a Super Bowl someday...

Seriously though...I can't see the Lions ever getting to the Super Bowl, unless they get a whole new front office makeover, and stop drafting knuckleheads. Ryan has a team, and they are in it this year..lets see how he performs this year...I don't disagree with the QB's you chose, and with the right team, any of them could win a Super Bowl..

The thing with Schaub to me is more mental than anything...He still seems to get rattled really easily, and if you can take away the running game, he tends to make mistakes. I think the Texans problem is basically that they haven't been a good team, save for the last couple of years. They could possibly gone farther last year with a healthy Schaub, and Andre Johnson. and now, they are in again, with a chance for home field throughout the playoffs. What they need to do is stop trying to prove they belong, and just play the game the way they know how..Its like putting too much pressure on yourselves..and usually when that happens, people tend to choke..

Schaub is not an upper tier elite QB, but he is decent enough to win a Super Bowl someday...

Part of the problem is that having an elite runningback on the team has spoiled Schaub and made him, in a way, vulnerable. He used to have the offense on his shoulders because we had no run game whatsoever and we were one of the pass happiest offenses in the NFL. We now run to pass and pass to run, and if Schaub can't get passing going, then the box will be stacked and Arian will not be able to operate. When Arian cannot operate then Matt cannot pass, and it's a horrible circle that doesn't end. It could very well prove to be our Achilles Heel, ironically enough. I agree that he makes boneheaded mistakes, but I would take the less frequent mistakes that this Schaub makes to the ones that the old Schaub used to make all the time back in the day. As far as the Lions go, if they get rid of Schwartz and get a competent coaching staff, then I think the sky is the limit for Stafford. Guy has Brett Favre written all over him, except he has one of the best receivers in the game to throw to. Now he needs a running game lol. Same thing with Ryan, but his coordinator is finally letting him throw the ball as opposed to run run run with Turner. If Ryan continues at the level he's playing at now, with those playmaking receivers of his, then I can see him winning multiple SBs. The guy actually draws quite a few comparisons to ole PM.

In regards to the Matt Schaub discussion, while I believe he's a good QB, and you could certainly do a lot worse, is he really good enough to win a ring?

Reason I ask, is look at the past superbowl winners:

E. Manning

Rodgers

Roethlisberger

E. Manning

P. Manning

Roethlisberger

Brady

Brady

Johnson

Brady

Dilfer

The one Schaub is closest to is probably Eli, but Eli just has that clutch factor about him that few in the NFL have, so despite not usually having elite regular season numbers, he's been an elite playoff QB in their superbowl runs.

Johnson and Dilfer are the only two on there I would not call a "super bowl caliber QB", and even then, Brad Johnson had a very nice season for the Bucs. Dilfer just didn't throw INTs and that was good enough.

We'll see if Schaub can turn it on in the post season like Eli has in the past.

Yeah this can annoy me. We have heard in the past vs. the Colts that "this is the biggest game in Texans franchise history." And they have laid an egg in a few of those.

Just this year we heard before they went to NE, "This is the biggest game in Texans franchise history." And Andre Johnson said as much. Kinda odd to me since the Texans played in 2 playoff games last year but the game in NE was the biggest ever?!

If they consider Sunday in Indy another monumental game in order to get homefield advantage for the first time in history it could cost them.

Just relax Houston....it's only football. :) It's fun!!! Or relax after Sunday maybe I should say. ;)