•  

Photo

the Texans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 8525 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Got housed... Where was that team last week

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Captain Americolt

Captain Americolt
  • 2568 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Are not SB caliber.

#3 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11326 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

an unbelievable outcome

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#4 Vance

Vance
  • 2463 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

We are just faking everyone out until playoff time. That's what I'm going with

Houston Texans fan and realist. Sarcasm is etched into my DNA.

#5 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7097 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Been saying for weeks they were a pretender but got yelled at due to their record.

Yeah they are good but.....

Heck with Pagano coming back lets try and give Houston the third seed and keep our streak in Indy going vs. them. :thmup:

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

#6 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5330 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

People get on us for beating bad teams and praised the Texans when we basically have the same schedule except the texans played the broncos and ravens other than that same schedule. But somehow we are a product of our schedule and the Texans were considered best team at one point. Texans peaked at like week 8 and have faltered ever since just about. And just like Romo and the Cowboys, the texans will never win anything with Matt Schaub at QB.

#7 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6673 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

People get on us for beating bad teams and praised the Texans when we basically have the same schedule except the texans played the broncos and ravens other than that same schedule. But somehow we are a product of our schedule and the Texans were considered best team at one point. Texans peaked at like week 8 and have faltered ever since just about. And just like Romo and the Cowboys, the texans will never win anything with Matt Schaub at QB.

I disagree whole-heartedly. Matt is a good quarterback and has proven that more than enough times in the past. With the way the AFC is, and with the potential and explosiveness this team has, Matt is going to get at least one SB win.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012 AFC South Champions

#8 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5330 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

I disagree whole-heartedly. Matt is a good quarterback and has proven that more than enough times in the past. With the way the AFC is, and with the potential and explosiveness this team has, Matt is going to get at least one SB win.

Most of the city of Houston tends to disagree. Tend to say Matt Schaub is holding them back

#9 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6673 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Most of the city of Houston tends to disagree. Tend to say Matt Schaub is holding them back

I've heard this before, but I'm one of the people who don't believe it. I guess we will find out eventually. Not everyone can have a Brady, Brees, or Manning. Some of us have to settle with Ryans, Schaubs, and Staffords, which aren't that bad in my opinion. :D

#10 -JJ-

-JJ-
  • Forum Moderator
  • 2589 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

You mean like Trent DIlfer did?

#11 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 8525 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I've heard this before, but I'm one of the people who don't believe it. I guess we will find out eventually. Not everyone can have a Brady, Brees, or Manning. Some of us have to settle with Ryans, Schaubs, and Staffords, which aren't that bad in my opinion. :D

Interesting you chose those two other guys, neither of them have any playoff success either

#12 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 8525 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

You mean like Trent DIlfer did?

With one of the best defenses in the history of the game

#13 -JJ-

-JJ-
  • Forum Moderator
  • 2589 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

With one of the best defenses in the history of the game

and 4th in points scored.

So the Texans have a 4th ranked defense (2nd in PA).

Kinda my point.

Also in the SB playing the best offense the Ravens gave up some points and Trent Dilfer played a flawless game to win.

#14 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 8525 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

and 4th in points scored.

So the Texans have a 4th ranked defense (2nd in PA).
Kinda my point.

Also in the SB playing the best offense the Ravens gave up some points and Trent Dilfer played a flawless game to win.
The giants scored seven points in the super bowl and Ray Lewis was the MVP

#15 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 806 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

We are just faking everyone out until playoff time. That's what I'm going with

Yeah that's what they're doing. And fairies and unicorns really exist too.

#16 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6673 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Interesting you chose those two other guys, neither of them have any playoff success either

I was under the impression that we were talking about overall success, which Stafford had last year and Ryan has had since he was a rookie. In any case, don't be surprised if any three of those quarterbacks get a SB ring. Brady and Manning aren't going to be around forever.

#17 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1809 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

I was under the impression that we were talking about overall success, which Stafford had last year and Ryan has had since he was a rookie. In any case, don't be surprised if any three of those quarterbacks get a SB ring. Brady and Manning aren't going to be around forever.

We can rebuild him. We have the technology...We can make him better, faster, stronger...He is the 6 Billion Dollar Man..(had to adjust the amount for inflation) :thmup:

The man no one corner can stop...

#18 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1134 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

I feel like if Schaub ever gets a ring, he will not be Super Bowl MVP. Just like Dilfer, that award would go defense (Watt).

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#19 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1809 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Seriously though...I can't see the Lions ever getting to the Super Bowl, unless they get a whole new front office makeover, and stop drafting knuckleheads. Ryan has a team, and they are in it this year..lets see how he performs this year...I don't disagree with the QB's you chose, and with the right team, any of them could win a Super Bowl..

The thing with Schaub to me is more mental than anything...He still seems to get rattled really easily, and if you can take away the running game, he tends to make mistakes. I think the Texans problem is basically that they haven't been a good team, save for the last couple of years. They could possibly gone farther last year with a healthy Schaub, and Andre Johnson. and now, they are in again, with a chance for home field throughout the playoffs. What they need to do is stop trying to prove they belong, and just play the game the way they know how..Its like putting too much pressure on yourselves..and usually when that happens, people tend to choke..

Schaub is not an upper tier elite QB, but he is decent enough to win a Super Bowl someday...

The man no one corner can stop...

#20 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6673 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Seriously though...I can't see the Lions ever getting to the Super Bowl, unless they get a whole new front office makeover, and stop drafting knuckleheads. Ryan has a team, and they are in it this year..lets see how he performs this year...I don't disagree with the QB's you chose, and with the right team, any of them could win a Super Bowl..

The thing with Schaub to me is more mental than anything...He still seems to get rattled really easily, and if you can take away the running game, he tends to make mistakes. I think the Texans problem is basically that they haven't been a good team, save for the last couple of years. They could possibly gone farther last year with a healthy Schaub, and Andre Johnson. and now, they are in again, with a chance for home field throughout the playoffs. What they need to do is stop trying to prove they belong, and just play the game the way they know how..Its like putting too much pressure on yourselves..and usually when that happens, people tend to choke..

Schaub is not an upper tier elite QB, but he is decent enough to win a Super Bowl someday...

Part of the problem is that having an elite runningback on the team has spoiled Schaub and made him, in a way, vulnerable. He used to have the offense on his shoulders because we had no run game whatsoever and we were one of the pass happiest offenses in the NFL. We now run to pass and pass to run, and if Schaub can't get passing going, then the box will be stacked and Arian will not be able to operate. When Arian cannot operate then Matt cannot pass, and it's a horrible circle that doesn't end. It could very well prove to be our Achilles Heel, ironically enough. I agree that he makes boneheaded mistakes, but I would take the less frequent mistakes that this Schaub makes to the ones that the old Schaub used to make all the time back in the day. As far as the Lions go, if they get rid of Schwartz and get a competent coaching staff, then I think the sky is the limit for Stafford. Guy has Brett Favre written all over him, except he has one of the best receivers in the game to throw to. Now he needs a running game lol. Same thing with Ryan, but his coordinator is finally letting him throw the ball as opposed to run run run with Turner. If Ryan continues at the level he's playing at now, with those playmaking receivers of his, then I can see him winning multiple SBs. The guy actually draws quite a few comparisons to ole PM.

#21 -JJ-

-JJ-
  • Forum Moderator
  • 2589 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

The giants scored seven points in the super bowl and Ray Lewis was the MVP

oops I had it mixed up.  TB vs Oakland. Brad Johnson

#22 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2053 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

...are overrated

#23 Vance

Vance
  • 2463 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

...are overrated

Not anymore.

Houston Texans fan and realist. Sarcasm is etched into my DNA.

#24 TitanLegend

TitanLegend
  • Rookie
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

In regards to the Matt Schaub discussion, while I believe he's a good QB, and you could certainly do a lot worse, is he really good enough to win a ring?

Reason I ask, is look at the past superbowl winners:

E. Manning

Rodgers

Roethlisberger

E. Manning

P. Manning

Roethlisberger

Brady

Brady

Johnson

Brady

Dilfer

The one Schaub is closest to is probably Eli, but Eli just has that clutch factor about him that few in the NFL have, so despite not usually having elite regular season numbers, he's been an elite playoff QB in their superbowl runs.

Johnson and Dilfer are the only two on there I would not call a "super bowl caliber QB", and even then, Brad Johnson had a very nice season for the Bucs. Dilfer just didn't throw INTs and that was good enough.

We'll see if Schaub can turn it on in the post season like Eli has in the past.

#25 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7097 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Yeah this can annoy me. We have heard in the past vs. the Colts that "this is the biggest game in Texans franchise history." And they have laid an egg in a few of those.

Just this year we heard before they went to NE, "This is the biggest game in Texans franchise history." And Andre Johnson said as much. Kinda odd to me since the Texans played in 2 playoff games last year but the game in NE was the biggest ever?!

If they consider Sunday in Indy another monumental game in order to get homefield advantage for the first time in history it could cost them.

Just relax Houston....it's only football. :) It's fun!!! Or relax after Sunday maybe I should say. ;)

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates