Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lost: Offense

John Waylon

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our recent offensive struggles are due to Arians offense. His offense worked in Pitt. because they had the O-line where Big Ben had time to go downfield all game. With this O-line it is impossible for any of our receivers to get open before Luck is either pummeled or running for his life. I think we need to go short more and maybe create some dump off plays. Especially in the playoffs because the other team will be surprised and we can use that to our advantage. 

I know this topic has been killed in many posts.  But I have to say again that I hate this offense.  There is nothing to ever cause the defense to hesitate.  They pretty much know when a run or pass is coming.  Compare that to what Wilson and RG3 get to do.  They have much better running attacks, but they will run multiple plays out of the same formation.  We telegraph everything.

That said. Luck just threw a lot of bad passes.

I don't think anyone is looking to say Arians is guilt free here. I think people are saying its fair to say to say Luck shares some of the blame too and I am sure he would be the first to tell you that. It's not all lucks fault or all Arians fault or all the lines fault. It's a combination of the three.

I know this topic has been killed in many posts. But I have to say again that I hate this offense. There is nothing to ever cause the defense to hesitate. They pretty much know when a run or pass is coming. Compare that to what Wilson and RG3 get to do. They have much better running attacks, but they will run multiple plays out of the same formation. We telegraph everything.

Prepare to be stoned for that last comment.. Heh

I do agree with you though. The O-line had one of its better games in pass protection in A LONG time yet the execution and passes thrown left a lot to be desired.

I still don't get how you overthrow a 6'6" receiver, especially one you've thrown to for the last 4 years. And lets not talk about the clean pocket, overthrow by a mile - pass he threw to Brazill, who was WIDE OPEN in the endzone.

I think the offense is pretty much at its peak and we are going to have to hope the defense can keep teams under 20pts because the offense has severely struggled to get there.

I know this topic has been killed in many posts.  But I have to say again that I hate this offense.  There is nothing to ever cause the defense to hesitate.  They pretty much know when a run or pass is coming.  Compare that to what Wilson and RG3 get to do.  They have much better running attacks, but they will run multiple plays out of the same formation.  We telegraph everything.

Spread zone read option. Hot stuff right now.  Now that RGIII and R.Wilson are using it effectively,  Maybe the QB position has changed.  Now need QB's that run that option play with scrambling guys that can rifle the ball.  Now, will a defensive Guru find an answer?  Or will it become unstoppable scheme that changes teams O's in a copycat league?

He was getting heavily pressured on that play.

Im a pro Luck guy but ill admit he was pretty bad today. Probably his worst game since the Jets game.

That's what i remember too. The pocket had collapsed on that throw. Not sure what bleedblu was watchin.

Luck was far from perfect, but i just don't think he was nearly as bad as his stat line indicated either. He had several drops. Reggie's drop early in the game was a huge one. He had some where he threw away. But the biggest problem i seen was his receivers simply were not getting open. Even on perfect throws like the one to Wayne down the sideline, was defended because he did not have enough seperation. Most importantly to me, this was the 2nd straight game on the road without a pick. That's improvement and i will take that every week.

That's what i remember too. The pocket had collapsed on that throw. Not sure what bleedblu was watchin.

Luck was far from perfect, but i just don't think he was nearly as bad as his stat line indicated either. He had several drops. Reggie's drop early in the game was a huge one. He had some where he threw away. But the biggest problem i seen was his receivers simply were not getting open. Even on perfect throws like the one to Wayne down the sideline, was defended because he did not have enough seperation. Most importantly to me, this was the 2nd straight game on the road without a pick. That's improvement and i will take that every week.

He stepped up with NO ONE in his face and threw it into the third row. Tasker was even commenting on how he had time and and room to make that pass and got over-excited and muffed that pass.

I agree, the receivers did him no favors on a handful of plays, but Luck was hanging his receivers out to dry on passes as well, notably to Avery, that allowed the receivers to get hit and the ball knocked loose. He's got to get those passes down or he's going to get his guys hurt or continuously get passes knocked loose and/or picked.

He stepped up with NO ONE in his face and threw it into the third row. Tasker was even commenting on how he had time and and room to make that pass and got over-excited and muffed that pass.

I agree, the receivers did him no favors on a handful of plays, but Luck was hanging his receivers out to dry on passes as well, notably to Avery, that allowed the receivers to get hit and the ball knocked loose. He's got to get those passes down or he's going to get his guys hurt or continuously get passes knocked loose and/or picked.

But the fact remains there was pressure on the play. Pressure speeds you up and causes you to make bad throws. It was anything but a clean pocket. I actually thought he was just throwing the ball away at the time. I'm still not convinced he wasn't.

Yes, he did make some bad throws. The throw to Avery was too high. Not that it would have mattered, that play hasn't done much all year and he was going to be tackled for a short gain regardless. But for quite a while in this game our receivers could not get open. Even with decent protection, nobody was getting open. Even on completions they had a guy right there to make the tackle. Outside of the screen to Reggie, i can't imagine we had much of anything as far as yards after catch. Kansas City has had a terrible year but one thing they can do and do well, is defend the pass.

He's a rookie and certainly has room for improvement, but he's been running for his life the entire year.  It screws with any QB's timing.  When Brady or Manning are hit relentlessly, it does the same thing to them. 

Dilfer made the comment that every play looks excruciating for Luck, and that's true.  Not a lot of talent and experience around him.  If they are talented, they don't have the experience. 

Well i agree that I didnt see anyone in his face but I remember the pocket collapsed and he stepped up and hurried the throw because of it.

I dont absolve Luck of all blame there because that has been a problem of his all season. IMO its why he throws alot of high passes.

He will avoid pressure well in the pocket and step up but he doesnt set his feet sometimes. In fact alot of his interceptions are high passes with the same fundamental flaw. Sometimes though he throws high because he steps up and there just isnt enough room to step into a throw or have a clean throwing motion. 

I think its something that is very correctable. In fact I didnt see him do this that often in college so I think alot of it is the O-line and the fact he hasnt fully adjusted to the NFL. I know he's not a rookie anymore but he isnt a grizzled vet either. He still has alot to learn as some 2 and 3 year QBs.

Spread zone read option. Hot stuff right now.  Now that RGIII and R.Wilson are using it effectively,  Maybe the QB position has changed.  Now need QB's that run that option play with scrambling guys that can rifle the ball.  Now, will a defensive Guru find an answer?  Or will it become unstoppable scheme that changes teams O's in a copycat league?

That's the million $ question. Watching RG3 , I would question whether or not he can stay healthy with all the hits he takes. Now Wilson on the other hand also scrambles a lot but I don't see him taking the hits RG3 does. I think the difference is the option plays that Washigton runs puts the QB in far more peril than the roll outs that Seattle runs. Another issue is that after a few years these "new breed" QB's will lose a bit of speed. And yes.. defenses will get better at stopping this kind of stuff. Griffin can adjust while the other guy wil always be 5'10".

That's the million $ question. Watching RG3 , I would question whether or not he can stay healthy with all the hits he takes. Now Wilson on the other hand also scrambles a lot but I don't see him taking the hits RG3 does. I think the difference is the option plays that Washigton runs puts the QB in far more peril than the roll outs that Seattle runs. Another issue is that after a few years these "new breed" QB's will lose a bit of speed. And yes.. defenses will get better at stopping this kind of stuff. Griffin can adjust while the other guy wil always be 5'10".

It's not only that, Wilson is also playing on a team with a top-notch running game and the #2 defense, which forces a large number of turnovers, giving him short fields. 

In the previous two games, the Seahawks scored 108 points.  In one game, Wilson completed 7 passes.  In the next, 14.  With a mediocre defense and running game, you wouldn't be looking at the same thing. 

It's not only that, Wilson is also playing on a team with a top-notch running game and the #2 defense, which forces a large number of turnovers, giving him short fields. 

In the previous two games, the Seahawks scored 108 points.  In one game, Wilson completed 7 passes.  In the next, 14.  With a mediocre defense and running game, you wouldn't be looking at the same thing. 

got to agree with last two posts.  Let's see where we are in 3 years.

I don't mean so much of running a read option offense.  Even how we used to run the stretch.  You never knew it Manning was going to hand off or give to James, which froze the defense.  I think a little more uncertainty to the defense would really help Luck.  Just notice when RG3 or Wilson do a play action fake. their receivers are more often wide open.  Luck rarely has that happen.  So many times today there was nobody open and he had to throw it away.

That said, Luck was bad with throws.  I am sure i the off season his mechanics will be corrected.  Manning did the same before his second year and it was night and day.

Threads like these make me laugh, purely to see how people who are sold on Luck and not sold on Luck interact.

Everyone who has something negative to say, somethings more constructive than others, feel the need to preface their posts with sarcastic "Can we voice our opinion?" messages.

And then those who shift blame, probably not wholly unfairly, or just want to stick up for Andrew, feel they have to qualify why they are optimistic about him.

Meanwhile, we are winning games left and right and just made the playoffs lmao

Why do we have to obsess over Andrew? He's fine. Has he been perfect. No

Has he been as awful as some make it seem? No.

He's growing, and only the future will know where he goes from here. I highly doubt anything we've seen this year will be the definitive factor in the trajectory of his career. It takes time.

If he makes you nervous. No harm in that. If you down right hate him as a QB that's fine too. If he is your personal savior. More power to you. But the bickering is just excessive between both sides.

We are in the playoffs. Have fun with it while it lasts. Because when it's all said and done only one team gets to end the season smiling. And I love our team, but I get the feeling we won't be last man standing haha

Russel Wilson tonight:  42 points, 15 completions.  Do you know how good your team would have to be to score 150 points in three games on 7, 14 and 15 completions from your QB? 

That must be nice.  I believe he has only completed 20 or more passes once this season. 

I really don't know how anyone can try to place all the blame on the O-line. These guys are a bunch of cast-offs and backups playing like a bunch of cast-offs and backups. Who honestly expected them to be decent this year?

Luck is the most highly touted QB prospect since Manning and Arians is the supposed "offensive guru" who led Pittsburgh to a superbowl ring. I'm blaming the both of them. Luck is playing dumb football right now because his primary influence, coach Arians, is encouraging it. I will say that some of his inaccuracy is a product of not having a clean pocket (or an injury he's not telling anyone about) but the forced passes and holding the ball too long is all on Luck. 

Pray that Arians is hired by someone after this season. The immediate success he's produced with this team so far is not worth the long term damage he will do to Luck's development, as well as the franchise as a whole. That ridiculous reverse attempt with TY is a perfect example of just how little regard Arians has for the investment Irsay made in Luck, making him lead block against a linebacker for the sake of being cute.  

I really don't know how anyone can try to place all the blame on the O-line. These guys are a bunch of cast-offs and backups playing like a bunch of cast-offs and backups. Who honestly expected them to be decent this year?

Luck is the most highly touted QB prospect since Manning and Arians is the supposed "offensive guru" who led Pittsburgh to a superbowl ring. I'm blaming the both of them. Luck is playing dumb football right now because his primary influence, coach Arians, is encouraging it. I will say that some of his inaccuracy is a product of not having a clean pocket (or an injury he's not telling anyone about) but the forced passes and holding the ball too long is all on Luck.

Pray that Arians is hired by someone after this season. The immediate success he's produced with this team so far is not worth the long term damage he will do to Luck's development, as well as the franchise as a whole. That ridiculous reverse attempt with TY is a perfect example of just how little regard Arians has for the investment Irsay made in Luck, making him lead block against a linebacker for the sake of being cute.

So it's not the lines fault because they are playing bad because they're bad. However, it's Andrews fault because he's playing like a rookie, because he's a rookie?

I'm not convinced its any one persons fault. But also, we are winning games lol.

Yes, the O line is terrible and that has a lot to do with Luck having trouble much or the time. But, there are plenty of times when he has plenty of time in the pocket and he just throws horrible passes. It has been happening all year.

Yeah very true, I was just so mad at the OL last night I was just venting. Ballard was getting hit in the backfield, ect. It will be nice once we build a feasible OL to see how much Luck & the running game can improve.

Threads like these make me laugh, purely to see how people who are sold on Luck and not sold on Luck interact.

Everyone who has something negative to say, somethings more constructive than others, feel the need to preface their posts with sarcastic "Can we voice our opinion?" messages.

And then those who shift blame, probably not wholly unfairly, or just want to stick up for Andrew, feel they have to qualify why they are optimistic about him.

He's growing, and only the future will know where he goes from here. I highly doubt anything we've seen this year will be the definitive factor in the trajectory of his career. It takes time.

If he makes you nervous. No harm in that. If you down right hate him as a QB that's fine too. If he is your personal savior. More power to you. But the bickering is just excessive between both sides.

We are in the playoffs. Have fun with it while it lasts. Because when it's all said and done only one team gets to end the season smiling. And I love our team, but I get the feeling we won't be last man standing haha

Why do people obsess over Andrew?

Because he was the reason the Colts reloaded. The Colts chose to rebuild around Luck who is the greatest prospect since Elway.

People get nervous when other rookie QBs look better than the super hyped luck.

One starts to wonder if the Colts took the best Player available.... because most people believed it was okay to let go of Manning and rebuild since we can grab this great new QB.

Since it looks like he might not be as good as advertised and that there other rookies looking better, people will be worried.

This will continue to happen until Luck starts looking like the greatest QB since Elway.

Luck looks bad.

People then comfort themselves and note the improvements Manning made year one to year two. But this is not Manning.

So far Luck looks inferior to the other rookie QB's, wilson and RG3.

Whether its the system, WRs, or coaching to blame, Luck looks bad.

Awesome post. I always find myself on the sticking up for luck side cause it really pisses me off how colts fans can bash him at will. Dude is a rookie playing behind a sketchy line and sketchy play calling.

Does he need to improve his passes/accuracy? HECK YES!! Do I blame him? No, he's been running for his life the whole season. People seem to forget how manning,Brady, Rogers, any qb plays when he is taking a beating. The rush the pass, so they tend to be off. Or they force passes. It's not just luck.

All that said and we are still in the playoffs coming off a 2-14 season drafting the first overall pick. Life is good in my eyes.

Because he was the reason the Colts reloaded. The Colts chose to rebuild around Luck who is the greatest prospect since Elway.

One starts to wonder if the Colts took the best Player available.... because most people believed it was okay to let go of Manning and rebuild since we can grab this great new QB.

Since it looks like he might not be as good as advertised and that there other rookies looking better, people will be worried.

This will continue to happen until Luck starts looking like the greatest QB since Elway.

Luck looks bad.

People then comfort themselves and note the improvements Manning made year one to year two. But this is not Manning.

So it's less about Andrew and more about comparing him to his contemporaries and Peyton Manning?

I am sure many questioned how Peyton looked his first year. And arguably his stats are worse than Lucks.

The thing I don't grasp is the argument that, "Just because Peyton struggled and got better doesnt mean Andrew will do the same."

While that statement is true, doesn't mean it's inverse is false. No one knows the future. He could follow a similar trajectory to Peyton. Who knows?

What I do know is this "bad" rookie QB helped take a 2-14 team to the playoffs. So how bad can he really be? I watched Painter last year, that was bad. Luck has 7 game winning drives this year, and correct me if I'm wrong, but thats near the top or the top any QB has had in a season.

Clearly he isn't without talent, so we can only guess where his future will go. I don't know and you don't know.

All we do know is he's helping us win right now, and that wherever his career does take him/us he is not Peyton Manning, Russel Wilson, or RG3. He is Andrew. No point day dreaming on what could be. You could do that about any player.

Luck is the most highly touted QB prospect since Manning and Arians is the supposed "offensive guru" who led Pittsburgh to a superbowl ring. I'm blaming the both of them. Luck is playing dumb football right now because his primary influence, coach Arians, is encouraging it. I will say that some of his inaccuracy is a product of not having a clean pocket (or an injury he's not telling anyone about) but the forced passes and holding the ball too long is all on Luck. 

Posted the same thing. A least don't run that crp in the red zone where you have zero room to operate, like super said ;)

So it's less about Andrew and more about comparing him to his contemporaries and Peyton Manning?

I am sure many questioned how Peyton looked his first year. And arguably his stats are worse than Lucks.

The thing I don't grasp is the argument that, "Just because Peyton struggled and got better doesnt mean Andrew will do the same."

While that statement is true, doesn't mean it's inverse is false. No one knows the future. He could follow a similar trajectory to Peyton. Who knows?

What I do know is this "bad" rookie QB helped take a 2-14 team to the playoffs. So how bad can he really be? I watched Painter last year, that was bad. Luck has 7 game winning drives this year, and correct me if I'm wrong, but thats near the top or the top any QB has had in a season.

Clearly he isn't without talent, so we can only guess where his future will go. I don't know and you don't know.

All we do know is he's helping us win right now, and that wherever his career does take him/us he is not Peyton Manning, Russel Wilson, or RG3. He is Andrew. No point day dreaming on what could be. You could do that about any player.

Exactly, I just don't feel like some of us are seeing the same thing. I see a man running for his life making good and both bad plays. He's playing with the cards he was dealt. We are not Seattle or Washington. It was a no brainer those teams were head and shoulders above the colts. But yet they're still surprised about how their qb's are doing. Didn't Big Ben win a sb his first or second year behind a really good run game and defense? Or how about that differ guy? Point is, their qb's are doing enough to win and not help lose the game. Luck is needing to put the offense on his back, full of a bunch of cast offs and rookies.

Who still have us sitting in the playoffs at 10-5. Go figure

The Chiefs have a really good defense. That could be a reason we have no offense right now.

Sure, they have a respectable defense. But let's not pretend this is the 1999 Ravens squad. Our offense was misfiring, not being shut down by a vaunted defense. Big difference. 

For whatever reason, this offense struggles to play away games. Drops, high throws confusion, I don't get it. 

Either way, we have a playoff team, and after what we've been through, I'm not asking for anything more until next year. 

Luck looks bad.

Yep.

He's terrible and the Colts are in the playoffs with him at QB. He just tied an NFL record for most game winning drives in a season (Manning 2009).

I just can't wait until Luck starts playing mediocre, we may win the superbowl.

Luck looks bad.

Luck looks bad.

Luck looks like a rookie, on a vastly rookie manned offense, that is tired at the end of a long season of getting his butt spanked. 

Robert Griffin has had rest and has many vets and a much more stable offensive squad to rely on. 

Anyone that wishes to exclaim that Wilson "looks better" than Luck is high on something. 

I find it ....curious....that so many people were jumping out of their shoes over Newton when he broke the rookie passing record but when Luck does it, meh.....

Ron Jaworski just disagreed with you on First Take this morning.  Besides, being "cast-offs and backups" does not excuse you from culpability.  They must take responsibility for  their share of the failures.  They have a job, they are getting paid.  Your results. Own it. Period.

Luck is making big mistakes at times, not all of his own doing, many that are.  But you know what?  Luck does NOT make those mistakes in big time pressure situations to win the game.  He has delivered nearly every single time. (Jax game should be another of those).  In the end, it results in a W.  He has "it".  He'll learn to improve the rest, and I want a better O line next year for Luck to work behind in doing so.

There's blame to go all around, not just Luck and Arians.  There Kudos to go all around, not just Luck and Arians.

Pray that Arians is hired by someone after this season.

I pray Arians gets the personnel he desires in the draft and FA to effectively run his system and that the fantastic results make believers out of the naysayers.

. The immediate success he's produced with this team so far is not worth the long term damage he will do to Luck's development, as well as the franchise as a whole.

Unreal. That is Your_Opinion_Stated_as_Fact.  Provide evidence of this claim.

That ridiculous reverse attempt with TY is a perfect example of just how little regard Arians has for the investment Irsay made in Luck, making him lead block against a linebacker for the sake of being cute.  

I saw a couple similar cute plays by other teams too yesterday (even in Seattle game).  Trickery isn't exclusive to BA.  How many other times has this play been called this year?  Out of how many total plays?

I wonder what diatribe would have been posted here if we had went 5-11 like I thought before training camp?  Oh dear.

Reading this forum reminds me of the old saying, "some folks would be complaining if they were hung with a new rope."  The Colts have overcome some of the most incredible obstacles to be in the playoffs this season.  

Running plays?  I was watching the game hoping Arians would not call another running play.  Ballard is a rookie and the only running back left on the team worthy of the name.  The Colts are in the playoffs and it would be nice to see him on the sidelines for this game against the Texans.  

Luck spent the afternoon running for his life and people are complaining about his stats.  We won the game folks.  With heart and guts, the team, led by Andrew, won the game.  Shut up with all the complaining.  

Bruce Arians should be the "coach of the year".  A team made up of a few veterans, some castoffs of other teams and FA's has had a winning season no one would have predicted.  The team that will be in the playoffs was laughed at before the season began, as the worst team in the NFL.

All the complainers need to put a sock in your pie hole.  Celebrate this team and the most unlikely winning season.  As Grigson says, this is Spielsburg stuff.  Enjoy the teams success, for crying out loud.   

Reading this forum reminds me of the old saying, "some folks would be complaining if they were hung with a new rope."  The Colts have overcome some of the most incredible obstacles to be in the playoffs this season.  

Running plays?  I was watching the game hoping Arians would not call another running play.  Ballard is a rookie and the only running back left on the team worthy of the name.  The Colts are in the playoffs and it would be nice to see him on the sidelines for this game against the Texans.  

Luck spent the afternoon running for his life and people are complaining about his stats.  We won the game folks.  With heart and guts, the team, led by Andrew, won the game.  Shut up with all the complaining.  

Bruce Arians should be the "coach of the year".  A team made up of a few veterans, some castoffs of other teams and FA's has had a winning season no one would have predicted.  The team that will be in the playoffs was laughed at before the season began, as the worst team in the NFL.

All the complainers need to put a sock in your pie hole.  Celebrate this team and the most unlikely winning season.  As Grigson says, this is Spielsburg stuff.  Enjoy the teams success, for crying out loud.   

Prepare to be stoned for making sense and sticking up for your team...but I got your back!!

I really don't see how this is Lucks fault when several passes were dropped by wide open receivers. How many did Reggie Wayne drop yesterday? How many did Avery drop?

We have NO O LINE TO PROTECT OUR QB. When you have to run for your life every other play, your completion % is going to be low.

So it's not the lines fault because they are playing bad because they're bad. However, it's Andrews fault because he's playing like a rookie, because he's a rookie?

I'm not convinced its any one persons fault. But also, we are winning games lol.

I didn't say the line is excluded from blame. I'm just tired of them being the scapegoat after every game because of a stupid offensive scheme that places a heavy burden on said line, that is already weak to begin with. If you know you don't have the line to be a vertical attack offense this year, why keep trying to fit a square peg in a round hole? Arians is very Luck that Andrew hasn't been seriously hurt yet. I think there would be a lot more calls for his job, were that the case

I didn't say the line is excluded from blame. I'm just tired of them being the scapegoat after every game because of a stupid offensive scheme that places a heavy burden on said line, that is already weak to begin with. If you know you don't have the line to be a vertical attack offense this year, why keep trying to fit a square peg in a round hole? Arians is very Luck that Andrew hasn't been seriously hurt yet. I think there would be a lot more calls for his job, were that the case

I completely agree bro. It's the oc job and duty IMHO to know the strength and weakness of the offense. He should be running plays that would benefit them. Bootlegs, draws? But the line, luck and the wr's need to make the plays also. It's a combined effort of problems.

I really don't see how this is Lucks fault when several passes were dropped by wide open receivers. How many did Reggie Wayne drop yesterday? How many did Avery drop?

We have NO O LINE TO PROTECT OUR QB. When you have to run for your life every other play, your completion % is going to be low.

But I'm told we shouldn't expect our cast off line to be good, nor responsible.  It's totally on Luck to protect himself.  Throw that one yard slant. and stay upright.  Or block for yourself until a dump off safety valve receiver gets separation.  And if any receiver drops it, it was because Luck's pass was a little high, little low, little off center, a little, well, just plain bad passing.

I'm looking forward to our future. :)

Understood. I see what you were saying now. My mistake.

It seemed you were shifting blame, or giving them a free pass because they aren't expected to be good.

Ron Jaworski just disagreed with you on First Take this morning.  Besides, being "cast-offs and backups" does not excuse you from culpability.  They must take responsibility for  their share of the failures.  They have a job, they are getting paid.  Your results. Own it. Period.

I really don't care who agrees or disagrees with me. Just stating my opinion. And as I said in my last post, I'm not deferring all blame from the o-line. I just think Arians has lived off that "I don't have the linemen to run my scheme.." excuse as long as he's been a coordinator. They didn't ever have the ideal line in Pittsburgh to get the most out of his scheme either, despite having 5 off-seasons to try and get it together. Interestingly enough, Pittsburgh invested 2 early picks to the o-line right after he was fired. 

Luck is making big mistakes at times, not all of his own doing, many that are.  But you know what?  Luck does NOT make those mistakes in big time pressure situations to win the game.  He has delivered nearly every single time. (Jax game should be another of those).  In the end, it results in a W.  He has "it".  He'll learn to improve the rest, and I want a better O line next year for Luck to work behind in doing so.

Hollow W's, won without foundation. The way we're playing now is nothing we can build on. You can't live off of luck (no pun) forever. At some point coaching and execution needs to be the reasons we win, not spontaneity. Almost every one of our wins could've gone in the other team's favor. A team's luck tends to shift from year-to-year. At some point, we have to stop playing backyard football and win behind a REAL offense. 

There's blame to go all around, not just Luck and Arians.  There Kudos to go all around, not just Luck and Arians.

Essentially my point. The consensus around here tends to think it's all the o-line's fault. I say it's just as much the fault of the coach who makes a weak spot look weaker with the type of offense he demands be run.

I pray Arians gets the personnel he desires in the draft and FA to effectively run his system and that the fantastic results make believers out of the naysayers.

Pittsburgh and Cleveland had those same prayers at one point in time... until they both wised up and realized that it wasn't the talent, but the scheme that was flawed. (And before you predictably point to the Steelers record this season as some sort of talking point, consider that their defense fell off considerably this year before you go that route)

Unreal. That is Your_Opinion_Stated_as_Fact.  Provide evidence of this claim.

lol... I think the real question here is, what are YOU trying to prove? It's kind of hard to prove an opinion. I didn't think it would be necessary to preface every post with a "in my opinion..." at the beginning, as I thought it was quite apparent, already. 

I saw a couple similar cute plays by other teams too yesterday (even in Seattle game).  Trickery isn't exclusive to BA.  How many other times has this play been called this year?  Out of how many total plays?

I wonder what diatribe would have been posted here if we had went 5-11 like I thought before training camp?  Oh dear.

I didn't say it was exclusive to Arians, and it doesn't make it any more or less a stupid call. I think running that kind of stuff in the redzone is a wasted snap, regardless of who's calling it. Arians DOES run a lot of sweeps and reverses in that part of the field though, and with little success. Misdirections and reverses are more effective in space, not a condensed field. 

And the diatribe would be just the same if we were 5-11, except a lot more people would agree with me. Arians has lived off talented QB's and skill players making his scheme look competent for the last 6 years. How many broken plays has Luck and Big Ben turned into masterpieces under Arians offense? I fail to see why he should get credit as a coach when his offenses tend to do the best when he's either NOT calling the plays or the play is extended by the QB. He's one lucky SOB, I'll give him that much 

... Another issue is that after a few years these "new breed" QB's will lose a bit of speed. And yes.. defenses will get better at stopping this kind of stuff. Griffin can adjust while the other guy wil always be 5'10".
Can't help but think you are too young to have watched much of Fran Tarkenton who continued to scramble like Wilson most of his nearly 20-year career, although Fran did become more of a pocket passer in his later years. Griffin's straight line speed will surely decline but Wilson is like Tarkenton -- short and very elusive, but not a sprinter.