Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The "Norv Turner to Indy as OC" rumors begin!

ColtsFTW

He will get looks without a doubt but I don't believe he would leave after one season. Norv Turner doesnt really seem like the kinda guy Irsay would hire, even if B.A. happens to go elsewhere.

And yes I would like to see more happiness concerning the Colts going to the postseason. 2-14 the previous year to now and seeing how good this Colts team can be for years down the road and I believe that Arians would rather be with a team that hes already building with. Seems pointless to start building a house if you just are going to have build an even bigger one and probably take longer.

Fair enough.  But at the same time, in November of last year discussions started on here as to whether we should draft Luck, get rid of Manning, or both.  Or talking about who we might draft.  Heck, I remember after we won the Super Bowl, there was talk immediately about how improve the team.   I like the fact that we can discuss different topics in here.   Celebrating the win, how bad the OLine is, the draft next year, and what might happen with BA.   I, personally, am not a big fan of BA long term.  But at the same time, I definitely wouldn't like to see Norv Turner, who I think is overrated.  I predicted this team to go 9-7 this year, which I took some flack for.  But, lets be honest.  We were fortunate to have a very weak schedule and a lot of things bounce our way.  KC today dominated us but we still won.  If we weren't playing so inept offenses, we would be in trouble.   I, personally, hope that long term if BA leaves that we run a system more like what Belichick does with the Patriots.  I hate the guy, but I have to respect him.   One week, they are a running team.  Next week spread offense.  Next week, Hernadez is running out of the backfield.  Next week, he is lined up at WR.  Belichick is the anti-BA.  BA has stated that he will run  what he is going to run regardless of who we are playing.

Now, if that sounds negative to you, I can respect that.  I am happy to make the playoffs.  But I try to be realistic.  Just like our last Super Bowl run.  Most people were saying we would dominate the Saints.  I saw a flawed team that could be had by underneath passing and little running attack.  So I always enjoy discussing what would make the team better.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK....

One more time.    The story that started this thread is about Arians leaving the Colts to become the HC with another franchise.

If he leaves we have no choice but to learn another system.

OK??     I've tried to make this as simple and straight forward as it seems.

And I'm not praying he stays.    Two reasons.   One,  Arians WANTS to be a HC.    I hope he gets his dream.

Two,  I think his system is awful.    I think his system doesn't fit Andrew Luck at all.    I think we succeed IN SPITE of the system and not BECAUSE of the system.

You, and others here, may disagree.....

Chill out. "OK??" I KNOW Arians may leave for another team. You don't have to belittle me on a forum. Long live the internet. :rollseyes:

Now, if that sounds negative to you, I can respect that.  I am happy to make the playoffs.  But I try to be realistic.  Just like our last Super Bowl run.  Most people were saying we would dominate the Saints.  I saw a flawed team that could be had by underneath passing and little running attack.  So I always enjoy discussing what would make the team better.

Amen. I don't get the whole "we should be happy" argument. Maintaining the status quo is how teams stagnate. You should strive to improve in anything you do in life.

Chill out. "OK??" I KNOW Arians may leave for another team. You don't have to belittle me on a forum. Long live the internet. :rollseyes:

Sorry you felt belittled.    Not my intent.

It was not clear to me at all that you understood what was being discussed.    And the reason I thought this is because you wrote this....    Your comments -- especially the ones I put into bold,  said to me that either you were confused, or somehow didn't understand what posters were discussing/debating.    (If I'm wrong,  my apologies.  Not looking to start anything here)

Then explain to me why we would want to spend another season learning a new system? This team is hot. We can make a serious run at this thing in the near future (if not miraculously this year) with a few additions through the FA and draft. Why learn a new system? Pray that he stays here.

Arians is a dreadful coordinator. Steelers fans warned us and we're seeing it ourselves. If he gets a HC offer I'd be shocked if he didn't take it, and I'll be extremely grateful for his work filling in for Chuck, but I really don't want Arians pulling the strings on offence any more.

Steelers won 2 SB with him. Now they cant even make the playoffs. Where is the dreadful part?

Steelers won 2 SB with him. Now they cant even make the playoffs. Where is the dreadful part?

Todd Haley's scheme doesn't suit their players at all, Dick LeBeau is getting old and losing it and their defensive players aren't nearly as scary as they once were. We're not really going to pretend that their success was all about Arians, are we..?

No, eternity is what you said, which is a much longer period of time than "always", which is what I said. LOL

Very true, I have a tendacy to make stuff up. Lol Always could be considered a very long time however. Unlike many, have no problem with BA though. I think this team will be very good next year.

Todd Haley's scheme doesn't suit their players at all,

Big Ben has pretty much said so, twice.  And it's no secret from his veiled comments he like Arians system.

Dick LeBeau is getting old and losing it

Oh my!  Ok, back_up_this_claim he is losing it.  Age doesn't have to be a factor. As one example,  I point to the body of work performed by Tom Moore. There are others if interested...

and their defensive players aren't nearly as scary as they once were. We're not really going to pretend that their success was all about Arians, are we..?

Nope, but Arians deserves his fair share.  A SB win as WR coach, and two more SB appearances as OC, winning one.  That's 3 appearances and two Super Bowl wins out of 7 years.  Way to go LeBeau, who can only win SB's with scary defenses.   ;)

. This. Sometimes I feel his offense shoots itself in the foot (Like Hilton passing the ball) and it seems we force it deep when it's just not there. Luck struggles with some of the throws he needs to make, for whatever reason, and it seems like he's... awkward. Like he's out of his comfort zone.

As in on his back? Or pulling  the field turf out of his teeth?

I'm wondering if he's getting gun shy or hearing footsteps seeing that the o-line isn't *performing as well as it needs to.* <understatement of the year>