Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MTC

Calvin Johnson breaks Jerry Rice's receiving record

18 posts in this topic

Imagine the year he would have had if he hadn't been Madden cursed!!   :woah:

2 people like this

Imagine the year he would have had if he hadn't been Madden cursed!! :woah:

Don't worry. Curse skipped him, and got the team instead lol.

1 person likes this

That record would mean something if the Lions were not 4-11. At least when Rice got it, they had won the same amount of games that year that the Lions have lost lol. Not saying CJ is a bad player, he's one of the best, but knowing he has that record and the Lions can't even win another game is pretty sad, to be honest.

That record would mean something if the Lions were not 4-11. At least when Rice got it, they had won the same amount of games that year that the Lions have lost lol. Not saying CJ is a bad player, he's one of the best, but knowing he has that record and the Lions can't even win another game is pretty sad, to be honest.

Rice had a little more talent around him, like a HoF QB. Two, actually.

The sad thing is it will probably go unrewarded.  No playoffs and he will probably lose out on the Offensive Player of the Year award to either Peyton or AP.

Not bad when the third best QB you played with is a former league MVP in Rich Gannon. 

2 people like this

Barry Sanders probably would have loved to have Matthew Stafford hand the ball off to him, since he knew Peete, Mitchell, Ware, and Kramer were turnover machines at QB.

Congrats to Megatron!

He's slowly climbing the ladder to the top. I'm not talking about the "top" of today's receivers, or the last 10 years. I'm talking about ALL TIME.

This guy is making history every year and he's only in his mid 20s. 

Barry Sanders probably would have loved to have Matthew Stafford hand the ball off to him, since he knew Peete, Mitchell, Ware, and Kramer were turnover machines at QB.

Think was Rodney Peete , may have been Andre Ware but speaking of turnovers

In a  Detroit Suburb clothing store 1 of them tripped me to the floor coming out of a dressing room

1 person likes this

Think was Rodney Peete , may have been Andre Ware but speaking of turnovers

In a  Detroit Suburb clothing store 1 of them tripped me to the floor coming out of a dressing room

Hahaha that's funny! I think they both played there, Ware before Peete. Peete could not stop turning the ball over, remember those 4 INT games very clearly.

The Lions record does not diminish Calvins record in the slightest. There have been many bad teams in the past, and not a single one of those teams had a 2,000yd WR.

As for Rice. The guy was great, but like with anyone on those teams, you can make the argument he wasn't even the best player on his own team. Which is just crazy to think about. Montana, Young, Lott, Craig, Deion, the HC Walsh. Crazy in its own way.

Hahaha that's funny! I think they both played there, Ware before Peete. Peete could not stop turning the ball over, remember those 4 INT games very clearly.

'

some times they played the same year back & forth, think was pete as he was one   that married   Holly Robinson & thats what i remember

This is an incredible accomplishment.  Even more when you consider that his QB is Stafford (and he is on Detroit's offense) and not a guy like Peyton who will put him in good positions.  I'm a huge Calvin fan.  The guy is an absolute beast, definitely the best receiver in the game today, and is so humble about it.  Great guy on and off the field