Photo

Calvin Johnson breaks Jerry Rice's receiving record

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 MTC

MTC

Smells like a canal

• Community Moderator
  • 8148 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...eceiving-record

Congrats Megatron on such a huge accomplishment.

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 PatMcAfeeFan

PatMcAfeeFan
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Dude is a beast. Always seems to be open. 

"Everyone just drink the kool-aid n leap n2 the blue waterfalls of faith...automatic 4the people..the smoker u drink,the player u get!"-Jim Irsay

#3 Holden89

Holden89
  • Community Moderator
  • 808 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

Imagine the year he would have had if he hadn't been Madden cursed!!   :woah:

The cake is a lie!!!

#4 House

House
  • 7133 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Imagine the year he would have had if he hadn't been Madden cursed!! :woah:

Don't worry. Curse skipped him, and got the team instead lol.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#5 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2577 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

That record would mean something if the Lions were not 4-11. At least when Rice got it, they had won the same amount of games that year that the Lions have lost lol. Not saying CJ is a bad player, he's one of the best, but knowing he has that record and the Lions can't even win another game is pretty sad, to be honest.

okv09w.jpg

#6 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5544 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

That record would mean something if the Lions were not 4-11. At least when Rice got it, they had won the same amount of games that year that the Lions have lost lol. Not saying CJ is a bad player, he's one of the best, but knowing he has that record and the Lions can't even win another game is pretty sad, to be honest.
Rice had a little more talent around him, like a HoF QB. Two, actually.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#7 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 14016 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

The sad thing is it will probably go unrewarded.  No playoffs and he will probably lose out on the Offensive Player of the Year award to either Peyton or AP.

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#8 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 14016 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Not bad when the third best QB you played with is a former league MVP in Rich Gannon. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#9 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18915 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Congrats to Calvin Johnson

#10 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2577 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

Barry Sanders probably would have loved to have Matthew Stafford hand the ball off to him, since he knew Peete, Mitchell, Ware, and Kramer were turnover machines at QB.

okv09w.jpg

#11 Andy

Andy
  • 8938 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Congrats to Megatron!

He's slowly climbing the ladder to the top. I'm not talking about the "top" of today's receivers, or the last 10 years. I'm talking about ALL TIME.

This guy is making history every year and he's only in his mid 20s. 

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#12 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

Barry Sanders probably would have loved to have Matthew Stafford hand the ball off to him, since he knew Peete, Mitchell, Ware, and Kramer were turnover machines at QB.

Think was Rodney Peete , may have been Andre Ware but speaking of turnovers

In a  Detroit Suburb clothing store 1 of them tripped me to the floor coming out of a dressing room

Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#13 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 19161 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

Congrats

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#14 coltsfan_nyc

coltsfan_nyc
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

Congrats, too bad the team he's on sucks....

I PROMISED MYSELF TO SEE THE COLTS AT LUCAS OIL STADIUM IN 2013!

#15 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2577 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Think was Rodney Peete , may have been Andre Ware but speaking of turnovers

In a  Detroit Suburb clothing store 1 of them tripped me to the floor coming out of a dressing room

Hahaha that's funny! I think they both played there, Ware before Peete. Peete could not stop turning the ball over, remember those 4 INT games very clearly.

okv09w.jpg

#16 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2909 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

The Lions record does not diminish Calvins record in the slightest. There have been many bad teams in the past, and not a single one of those teams had a 2,000yd WR.

As for Rice. The guy was great, but like with anyone on those teams, you can make the argument he wasn't even the best player on his own team. Which is just crazy to think about. Montana, Young, Lott, Craig, Deion, the HC Walsh. Crazy in its own way.

I like to argue. 

#17 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hahaha that's funny! I think they both played there, Ware before Peete. Peete could not stop turning the ball over, remember those 4 INT games very clearly.

'

some times they played the same year back & forth, think was pete as he was one   that married   Holly Robinson & thats what i remember

Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#18 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 16284 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

This is an incredible accomplishment.  Even more when you consider that his QB is Stafford (and he is on Detroit's offense) and not a guy like Peyton who will put him in good positions.  I'm a huge Calvin fan.  The guy is an absolute beast, definitely the best receiver in the game today, and is so humble about it.  Great guy on and off the field

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Dec
    radiogirl

Treasure your loved ones every day. Visited some dear friends today at the hospital who's 22 year old daughter was in an accident yesterday. Critical May not make it. I was reminded today how precious life is.....

Show comments (9)
View All Updates