Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Peytonator

Is this the worst song ever made?

64 posts in this topic

I'm not a big mainstream radio person, but I heard this the other day and had to look it up. I guess I was hypnotized by the idiocy of the lyrics.

What the Hades man? That crazy chick is a bleeping riot! :lol:haha:funny: She makes Britney Spears look like a Carnegie Hall headlining, Grammy Award winning artist...Great selection Peytonator!

I'm still laughing my caboose off over that helicopter sound at the end of the video.

What else does this freaky woman do behind closed doors?! :spit::yahoo: I draw the line at whips, chains, & handcuffs though... lmao

1 person likes this

I'm not a big mainstream radio person, but I heard this the other day and had to look it up. I guess I was hypnotized by the idiocy of the lyrics.

I know exactly what you mean Peytonator. Just how bad can bad really get? So bad it's oh sooooo gooood man!  :thmup:

If the rotten tomato awards exist for horrible movies what do you call bad records? The broken needle or cracked vinyl awards?  ;)  :headspin:

broken%20record.jpg

Ion_Audio-TTUSB05-Photo02-Detached_Needl

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. Cute girl, catchy tune, amusing video, who's listening to the lyrics exactly? haha And I "got" where it was going as soon as they hinted of a cop arriving. THAT'S why she's tearing the restaurant up. Cute idea actually.

Seriously, how is this any different/better/worse than Katty Perry's "California Gurls"? (Other than that one has less closing which is a good thing, and rap music which is a bad thing.) Both are video cotton candy.

Gangnam Styler by Psy is terrible and it has over 1 BILLION views.

(Other than that one has less closing which is a good thing, and rap music which is a bad thing.)

Excuse me. Less clothing. I bit my tongue and am having trouble talking normally, but I'm not sure why I would write with a lisp. :P

You know what they say about how you feel when you what to listen to certain types of music like this huh???

Uh, no.

But for what it's worth, I don't need an advertisement to spawn my interest in an Almond Joy - I just need to pass one in a store. I'm a sucker for "convenience" purchases. You don't know that you need it until it's right there in front of you. Good thing they don't sell fine jewelry like that.

Make it a billion and one. Never heard of that either, but now I have to go watch it just to see how terrible it is. :P

That's probably how it got 1 billion views in the first place.

Make it a billion and one. Never heard of that either, but now I have to go watch it just to see how terrible it is. :P

That's probably how it got 1 billion views in the first place.

That's actually hilarious. I doubt that the quality of the music (or lack there-of) has any relation to it's popularity.

Seriously, how is this any different/better/worse than Katty Perry's "California Gurls"? (Other than that one has less closing which is a good thing, and rap music which is a bad thing.) Both are video cotton candy.

Katy Perry actually has vocal talent. That's how MAC.  ;)  :thmup: I'd like to hear Cher Lloyd sing LIVE...I'll bet she's entirely a production studio wizardry pure & simple just like the Black Eyed Peas at the SB a little while back. More like defective split peas if you ask me.  haha

This happens to me once in while as well. I'm susceptible to pop music and I can't stand having it bouncing around in my head.

When Cher LLoyd sings "RRRRR" is she trying to be defiant, angry, or seductive? I can't determine which one...Is she playing hard to get, rebel raiser, or playful siren?  haha  :funny:  :lol:

Perhaps, all 3 even, I have no idea... :spit:  lmao

1 person likes this

Also, would the police really arrest someone for a food fight? Disturbing the peace maybe I suppose, but no robbery was committed here or property damage either for that matter. I guess the waitress could file a complaint for having a strawberry malt spilled all over her face...

Peytonator, keep posting wacky crap like this would Ya....I love weird crap like this nonsense! It's a favorite distraction of mine...Pointless drivel followed by golden sarcastic commentary by yours truly & all my friends!  :thmup:

I'm sorry but nothing will ever beat Nikki Minaji or whatever her name is and that song "Bees in the trap" I'm still trying to figure out what that song is about. How did this filthy garbage get on our radio stations? Geez I swear. When were young, we had it made. Kids these days don't know what they are listening to. I know people complain about the 80's but we still had New Order, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Robert Cray, Ozzy, and we also had awesome Soul music like Lionel Richie. I pray for the youth of this era. They need to be raised on some real music.

2 people like this

I'm sorry but nothing will ever beat Nikki Minaji or whatever her name is and that song "Bees in the trap" I'm still trying to figure out what that song is about. How did this filthy garbage get on our radio stations? Geez I swear. When were young, we had it made. Kids these days don't know what they are listening to. I know people complain about the 80's but we still had New Order, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Robert Cray, Ozzy, and we also had awesome Soul music like Lionel Richie. I pray for the youth of this era. They need to be raised on some real music.

very true about the 80's music and the 90's were not bad either

1 person likes this

very true about the 80's music and the 90's were not bad either

Yeah there was some good stuff in the 90's too I must say. Lots of great "Come back" artists too like Buddy Guy who made big comebacks.

Yeah there was some good stuff in the 90's too I must say. Lots of great "Come back" artists too like Buddy Guy who made big comebacks.

in the 90's you had Nirvana, Metalicca and even the BSB and Britney Spears and the rise of Country Rock and artist like Alabama and Garth Brooks.

in the 90's you had Nirvana, Metalicca and even the BSB and Britney Spears and the rise of Country Rock and artist like Alabama and Garth Brooks.

I did not like Nirvana, or Metallica. I liked Metallica in the 80's but they totally lost me with the black album and everything after that. I have had a crush on Britney Spears for years lol

When I think of bands from the 90's I think of Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Tool, Rage Against the Machine were pretty good too.

I did not like Nirvana, or Metallica. I liked Metallica in the 80's but they totally lost me with the black album and everything after that. I have had a crush on Britney Spears for years lol

When I think of bands from the 90's I think of Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Tool, Rage Against the Machine were pretty good too.

I do not listen to anything alternative or hard rock so for me the 90s are pop and country rock

I will admit that I favor hard rock/heavy metal, but like the vast majority of my friends like Bogie, Brent, Jay Kirk, Jules, Gramz, FJC, & several others I pride myself on a wide array of musical choices: Big Band, Jazz, Country, Bluegrass, Barbershop Quartet, Reggie, Southern Rock, Hip Hop, and the Blues...

I can tolerate Rap only if it clever, catchy, or creative nothing too harmful or degrading toward women or children either...Very rare these days I'm afraid... :sigh:

It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday

1 person likes this

Funny, you mention Nirvana Bogie. For years, I detested that band because the "grunge"/Seattle scene nearly destroyed metal in the 1990's & I really resented that band with a fierce intensity. Now, I am okay with them because Metal just went into hibernation for a long slumber, but it came back & all Nirvana was really doing was rallying against the corporate profitization of music thereby killing it's own artistic creativity.

That's why I like "Foo Fighters," founded by Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl as a one-man project following the death of Kurt Cobain. Just get back to jammin' in your parents basement or garage man! Enjoy music for the release it provides a person from the daily rigors of one's life not fame, fortune, & a lucrative record deal & all the perks & trappings that accompany it.

I'm not all that fond of dance club music either. I had a room mate in college my undergraduate years who played mirror ball club numbers so much it felt like "Studio 54" without the velvet rope & the muscular bouncer. haha

1 person likes this

Any "boy band" song....  

Is the worst ever........   

I'm partial to this kinda rock and roll......   

Killing Joke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9qxLX5_OAQ

The next Gathering in this area will be in Chicago...  April 26 n 27...

:)

Welcome Back John Dee! It's nice to see you posting again my friend. Suspensions really blow man...I can speak from experience on that one myself. HA! HA! Maybe we should start our own fan club of previously suspended members from Colts Forum...Just Kidding!!! Nice to have you back John :D

Funny, you mention Nirvana Bogie. For years, I detested that band because the "grunge"/Seattle scene nearly destroyed metal in the 1990's & I really resented that band with a fierce intensity. Now, I am okay with them because Metal just went into hibernation for a long slumber, but it came back & all Nirvana was really doing was rallying against the corporate profitization of music thereby killing it's own artistic creativity.

That's why I like "Foo Fighters," founded by Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl as a one-man project following the death of Kurt Cobain. Just get back to jammin' in your parents basement or garage man! Enjoy music for the release it provides a person from the daily rigors of one's life not fame, fortune, & a lucrative record deal & all the perks & trappings that accompany it.

I'm not all that fond of dance club music either. I had a room mate in college my undergraduate years who played mirror ball club numbers so much it felt like "Studio 54" without the velvet rope & the muscular bouncer. haha

The Foo Fighters are the BOMB. Dave Grohl is a genius, I swear. The guy really is, his Pro bot album proved he can do a lot of other things. He's one of the more premier geniuses in rock music today.

i just never got into Nirvana. I can't understand half of what Kurt is singing, and then after his death they turned him into a guitar hero and call him "one of the best ever" oh please, give me Freddie King anyday of the week. Anyone can sit there and play power chords over and over. Had he not died, they would not sit there and try to call him a guitar god.

I hated grunge, still do. Nirvana and the Foo Fighters reminds me of Joy Division and New Order. Ian Curtis committed sucide, and from the ashes of Joy Division rises New Order. Most people won't admit it, but New Order was a lot better than Joy Division. More of a "matured" version IMO. Curtis was a good song writer, but 'Technique' and 'Low-Life' and also 'Power Corruption and Lies' are genius albums. Like Joy Division and New order being totally different bands, the Foo Fighters were the same thing, a total different band from Nirvana.

It's funny cause after Nirvana got big, record companies started to tell bands to stop playing guitar solos. That was the decline of Rock and Roll. After that, no one wanted to do solos anymore, and what we got after Nirvana was those crappy "Nu Metal" bands that played guitars tuned down and sounded like crap like Korn and Limp Biscuit who flat out sucked in my opinion. I did like Marilyn Manson cause I found him different....he may be a sick and twisted freak, but the man knew exactly what he was talking about with lyrics like the beautiful people and just stuff like "cut off all your fingers and trade them in for dollar bills". I don't agree with everything he wrote or did, but he pointed out alot of things in life that are so true.

2 people like this

Welcome Back John Dee! It's nice to see you posting again my friend. Suspensions really blow man...I can speak from experience on that one myself. HA! HA! Maybe we should start our own fan club of previously suspended members from Colts Forum...Just Kidding!!! Nice to have you back John :D

heeh....   apparently i was NOT suspended.. 

I love Colt.com mods.. ...  well most of them  

Lets rock out .....  

Only a bad a boy....

1 person likes this

http://youtu.be/zAeTbNtzHxk

This is the worst song ever.

Listen with caution.

"Hot Problems" indeed...An excellent choice House...No talent whatsoever & not all that & a bag of chips either. HaHaHa! More like a flaming bag of dog dung if you ask me...

1 person likes this

The Foo Fighters are the BOMB. Dave Grohl is a genius, I swear. The guy really is, his Pro bot album proved he can do a lot of other things. He's one of the more premier geniuses in rock music today.

i just never got into Nirvana. I can't understand half of what Kurt is singing, and then after his death they turned him into a guitar hero and call him "one of the best ever" oh please, give me Freddie King anyday of the week. Anyone can sit there and play power chords over and over. Had he not died, they would not sit there and try to call him a guitar god.

I hated grunge, still do. Nirvana and the Foo Fighters reminds me of Joy Division and New Order. Ian Curtis committed sucide, and from the ashes of Joy Division rises New Order. Most people won't admit it, but New Order was a lot better than Joy Division. More of a "matured" version IMO. Curtis was a good song writer, but 'Technique' and 'Low-Life' and also 'Power Corruption and Lies' are genius albums. Like Joy Division and New order being totally different bands, the Foo Fighters were the same thing, a total different band from Nirvana.

It's funny cause after Nirvana got big, record companies started to tell bands to stop playing guitar solos. That was the decline of Rock and Roll. After that, no one wanted to do solos anymore, and what we got after Nirvana was those crappy "Nu Metal" bands that played guitars tuned down and sounded like crap like Korn and Limp Biscuit who flat out sucked in my opinion. I did like Marilyn Manson cause I found him different....he may be a sick and twisted freak, but the man knew exactly what he was talking about with lyrics like the beautiful people and just stuff like "cut off all your fingers and trade them in for dollar bills". I don't agree with everything he wrote or did, but he pointed out alot of things in life that are so true.

Oh my goodness Boogie...          I just glossed over this...    

Joy D = Nirvana?   no way.... 

I love JoyD,    the Cure, Cult,

Nobody sounded like Nirvana...       

You are exactly right about Kurt Cobain. What the bleep was he singing about anyway? Weird Al Yankovich captures it perfectly in his spoof "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video. Dave Grohl was certainly ahead of his time & a very good drummer in his own right too. Yes, the best rock-n-roll has both guitar & drum solos in it without a doubt.

Yup, Marilyn Mason is a very bright man who fully grasped the theater of rock-n-roll speak the truth and scare the crap out of people with the reality of people who refuse to engage in critical thinking. Marilyn Mason was very astute when he spoke documentary film maker Michael Moore about gun violence at the Columbine High School shooting in 1999 for example. Pushing the envelope is an integral part of rock-n-roll. I don't admire all his stuff, but Marilyn Mason does challenge you intellectually & he is impossible to forget.

1 person likes this

Good stuff guys.

My biggest problem with this woman, besides the grunt she does every 16 or so measures.....In the first verse she talks about how the guy she was with sucks and has no game, but she sees him hanging out with another girl and having fun, so all of a sudden she wants him back. Then she goes on to talk about how it's not jealousy......okay.

Whoever wrote this song is obviously pandering to some seriously dumb women. This song sums up how girls my age think. A dude could be a really good guy with a great sense of humor/personality, and be a respectable 7.5/10, but we have a heck of a time with relationships because d-baggish looking *s with flat-billed hats, and the personality of an earthworm get all the women. Or maybe I just look in the wrong places for my women.

Also Nirvana sucks, as does all grunge unless the band's name is Alice In Chains.

2 people like this