Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AP will get MVP and Peyton will get comeback player of the year

BleedingBlue

It's not APs fault that his team might not make the playoffs.  In fact, he is the sole reason they are even in playoff contention. 

MVP is a subjective award. A lot of different things are used to decide who wins this award. Offensive or defense player of the year goes mainly by stats. MVP on the other hand, well being in the playoffs is practically a requirement going by the past. If you have a great story going into the season like AP or Peyton, that helps build your case even further. Even the fact that QB's keep winning the award helps AP because I'm sure a lot of people are looking for reasons to not give it to a QB. Stats and value do matter, in fact they're the most important aspect. But when you have all the contenders lined up and everything is close enough, the first few things I mentioned are what voters will use to separate the contenders. 

The award isn't for the best player. Its for the most valuable. if your team isn't in the post season, how valuable were you. They could have missed the playoffs without you. Who was the lady MVP that was on a team that didn't make the playoffs

As a matter of fact, OJ Simpson won the MVP and broke thesingle season rushing record, and helped his team to a much improved record of 9-5, yet they failed to reach the playoffs. Very similar to Peterson and the Vikings. So it is not unprecedented to award MVP to a player that doesn't reach the post season. He is a HUGE reason that they are in the hunt to begin with.

As a matter of fact, OJ Simpson won the MVP and broke thesingle season rushing record, and helped his team to a much improved record of 9-5, yet they failed to reach the playoffs. Very similar to Peterson and the Vikings. So it is not unprecedented to award MVP to a player that doesn't reach the post season. He is a HUGE reason that they are in the hunt to begin with.

AD isn't going to break the record. The packers will put up points so they won't be able to pound the rock for four quarters

AD isn't going to break the record. The packers will put up points so they won't be able to pound the rock for four quarters

And OJ Simpson didn't have a Peyton Manning in the equation...lol. I don't know about MVP but there is no doubt in my mind that AP gets OPOY.

The award isn't for the best player. Its for the most valuable. if your team isn't in the post season, how valuable were you. They could have missed the playoffs without you. Who was the lady MVP that was on a team that didn't make the playoffs

Is AP not the most valuable player on that team? Even in their losses, he played pretty damn well. He ran for 210 yards against the Packers but his bone headed QB threw the game away. 

Speaking of Peyton Manning. Does he really deserve to be in the MVP discussion?

Hear me out. Does he make that team better? I hear on the radio all the time that the Broncos would be nothing without him, but I just don't follow the logic. That team was 1-7 before they handed the reigns to Tebow who took them to 8-8 & a play-off victory over one of the old guard.... the Steelers.

How would the Broncos have done if Kyle Orton wasn't giving away those first 7 losses? They got Moreno & McGahee. Thomas & Decker & Lloyd (last year).

I can see Elway as executive of the year before I can see Peyton as MVP.

Hear me out. Does he make that team better? I hear on the radio all the time that the Broncos would be nothing without him, but I just don't follow the logic. That team was 1-7 before they handed the reigns to Tebow who took them to 8-8 & a play-off victory over one of the old guard.... the Steelers.

How would the Broncos have done if Kyle Orton wasn't giving away those first 7 losses? They got Moreno & McGahee. Thomas & Decker & Lloyd (last year).

You have to look at (3rd year receivers) Demariyus Thomas and Eric Decker's numbers in 2011 and 2012...

They have almost doubled.......You cant watch the NFL and not see that Manning makes the offense better.

..also....dont rewrite history..Denver was NOT 1-7 in 2011..Denver was 1-3 in December last year...

..and if you argue that Tebow TOOK the Broncos to 8-8..(the lowest rated QB in the game took' his team to .500)

you have to listen to how ridiculous that sounds.

Is AP not the most valuable player on that team? Even in their losses, he played pretty damn well. He ran for 210 yards against the Packers but his bone headed QB threw the game away. 

To me I think AD defines what the MVP award is. He is by far the most important player on that entire team and without him the Vikings are 3-4 win team and fighting for the number one pick. Of course Manning makes the team better because you can just see it as plain as day, but is his impact on the Broncos that much more then what AD does for the Vikings?

Personally I see AD's impact is much greater than Manning's impact so to me he should get it, but this award really is the best QB of the year award so either Manning or Brady will get it.

Heck why not throw Megatron's name in the hat? The guy has no running game, sporadic QB who sidearms everything, and the second best WR on the team seriously tried to sabotage the offense. Yet, he just broke one of the all time great records in the NFL that has stood for 30 years. He should get for overcoming the Madden curse at the very least.