Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AP will get MVP and Peyton will get comeback player of the year

BleedingBlue

Peyton - Comeback player? Peterson - MVP?/

More likely the other way around..Hard to be MVP if your team misses the playoffs and Minnesota has the most difficult final 2 games in the entire NFL.

...there is a LOT of talk about how recovering from an ACL is tougher than 4 neck surgeries...The talking head seem to believe that

More likely the other way around..Hard to be MVP if your team misses the playoffs and Minnesota has the most difficult final 2 games in the entire NFL.

...there is a LOT of talk about how recovering from an ACL is tougher than 4 neck surgeries...The talking head seem to believe that

I rather have my 2 ankle fractures , one blown up &  2 leg bones separated  2 torn rotator cuffs, bad lower back & torn right bicep  to name a few than m,y one neck surgery though yes was back in 1988 and procures are  better these days

I Can't remember the last time someone won MVP without making the playoffs regardless of position. In recent years it hasn't happened. Take into account that CJ broke the single season scrimmage record and rushed for over 2000 yards and still didn't get a single vote in 2009. And this was the Titans team that was absolutely awful. Started 0-6. It'll come down to Brady or Manning. I actually think Rodgers is more deserving than these two. He has been carrying that team with hardly any running game, a terrible o line, defensive injuries, and somehow still won the NFC North. 

Speaking of Peyton Manning. Does he really deserve to be in the MVP discussion?

Hear me out. Does he make that team better? I hear on the radio all the time that the Broncos would be nothing without him, but I just don't follow the logic. That team was 1-7 before they handed the reigns to Tebow who took them to 8-8 & a play-off victory over one of the old guard.... the Steelers.

How would the Broncos have done if Kyle Orton wasn't giving away those first 7 losses? They got Moreno & McGahee. Thomas & Decker & Lloyd (last year).

I can see Elway as executive of the year before I can see Peyton as MVP.

Lol I like Manning, but no way he deserves Mvp over AP. Right now, even a case for Brady can be made for Manning. Yes, everyone knows neck surgeries can be worse than Acl/mcl tear. However, Manning took a season off, while Ap got injured on Christmas and was back for training camp.

. He has been carrying that team with hardly any running game, a terrible o line, defensive injuries, and somehow still won the NFC North. 

Plus, unlike Brady and Manning, his division doesn't completely suck outside his own team.

I wouldn't have a problem with RODGAHS getting it, but I doubt he will.

Boy oh boy do some of you have long term memory issues. Good holy lord oh mighty.

I am just SMH at some of these comments of 'is Manning really that good?' 'Does he really belong in the conversation?'. You all have Manningitis.. you've grown so accustomed to how great he is, you just expect it from him and dont realize what he has done in Denver.

Ya'll should be ashamed. Just saying.

AP deserves the MVP a lot more than Manning. Who has Denver beat that is any good? They get cup cake after cup cake on that weak schedule. They beat Baltimore, wow...a team that is pretty average this season. Peterson has really shocked me, and the rest of the league. Peyton is your comeback player of the year, Peterson MVP.

Defense know Peterson is going to get the ball and he's still running over them. if he breaks Eric Dickerson's record, I don't care what QB does what, he deserves the MVP. But I won't be shocked if Manning's name is already etched on it.

Speaking of Peyton Manning. Does he really deserve to be in the MVP discussion?

Hear me out. Does he make that team better? I hear on the radio all the time that the Broncos would be nothing without him, but I just don't follow the logic. That team was 1-7 before they handed the reigns to Tebow who took them to 8-8 & a play-off victory over one of the old guard.... the Steelers.

How would the Broncos have done if Kyle Orton wasn't giving away those first 7 losses? They got Moreno & McGahee. Thomas & Decker & Lloyd (last year).

I can see Elway as executive of the year before I can see Peyton as MVP.

DEnver was not good at the end of last year....The lost 3 of their last 4 and won at home over Pitt when the Steelers were down 3 defensive starters..

The league had figured Tim Tebow out.

But that's not really the point. Manning has made 1,000-yard recievers out of Demariyus Thomas and Eric Decker and he's got them on the verge of a 13-3 regular season...playing every offensive down

MVP is a regular season award..Its either Manning or Tom Brady..Minnesota wont make the playoffs

Lol I like Manning, but no way he deserves Mvp over AP. Right now, even a case for Brady can be made for Manning. Yes, everyone knows neck surgeries can be worse than Acl/mcl tear. However, Manning took a season off, while Ap got injured on Christmas and was back for training camp.

Cant be MVP on a .500 team...can you?

Boy oh boy do some of you have long term memory issues. Good holy lord oh mighty.

I am just SMH at some of these comments of 'is Manning really that good?' 'Does he really belong in the conversation?'. You all have Manningitis.. you've grown so accustomed to how great he is, you just expect it from him and dont realize what he has done in Denver.

Ya'll should be ashamed. Just saying.

You do realize that the Broncos were 7-4 with a QB that 30 of the 32 teams would not even want on their roster . . . just saying . . .

Is Manning great, yes . . . but to say he is solely responsible for turning around a franchise is crazy talk . . . Manning has done great this year, but he is only in the top 5ish in the key QBs stats . . . is not like he is lighting the leaque on fire with a stat or two like winners 2004, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011 . . . AP on the other hand is light up the stats sheeet . . .

DEnver was not good at the end of last year....The lost 3 of their last 4 and won at home over Pitt when the Steelers were down 3 defensive starters..

The league had figured Tim Tebow out.

But that's not really the point. Manning has made 1,000-yard recievers out of Demariyus Thomas and Eric Decker and he's got them on the verge of a 13-3 regular season...playing every offensive down

MVP is a regular season award..Its either Manning or Tom Brady..Minnesota wont make the playoffs

not to be picky, but two of Denver's wins this year against Balt and Pitt, both had 3 or more key starters missing on D, . . . so if you want to qualify Tebows win over the Steelers and water it down, they you must similiarly water down this years wins over the Steelers and Ravens . . . just a point of reference . . . and those two qualified wins as you put it were two of the three wins against teams with winning records and the 3rd is against the Bengals . . .

As i mentioned above as to date no QB has lite up the stat sheet, save for Brady 4 ints till last Sunday night, the award should fo to AP if he breaks the record and makes the playoffs . . . heck, they should still give it too him even if his team does not make the playoffs, ala, OJ, in '73 when he broke 2000 yards and the last time a player got the award playing for a non playoff team . . .

Brady, Manning and Rogers have 7 MVPS, and 7 of the last 9 . . . its time to spread the wealth and forget about the popularity contest and defualt "lets give it to the QB" stuff . . . unless one of those QBs goes crazy in the next two weekends, i see AP as a great canidate . . .

Look, my friends Yehoodi, Snowglobe, & Bogie all make valid points. #1: Denver won a Playoffs game against the Steelers last year with Tim Tebow. #2 Aaron Rodgers has still won the NFC North Division title despite a pathetic line [although the worst line is Chicago hands down this year], & #3 Adrian Peterson is the only reason the Vikings are still winning. It's not QB Christian Ponder that's for sure.

MVP for me is Tom Brady...Look at the 49ers game on Sunday Night Football....Brady darn near won the game all by himself. NO MVP for #18....I want him to win Playoff games. haha  :lol:  Just Kidding! In all seriousness, Brady deserves the most prestigious award this year. Consistency & longevity year in and year out really matters to me...

If Adrian Peterson wins MVP, I won't be offended. His knee injury could have easily ended his career & his renewed vigor & purpose is very impressive. 

I love Peyton Manning, but I seriously believe that winning MVP spells bad voodoo magic for #18 SB wise.

Tom Brady just wins...Snow, rain, veteran WR's, unknown WR's, injuries...It doesn't matter...He brought his team back in 1 quarter in under 15 minutes from a huge hole facing the toughest D in football. You can't dismiss that or brush it under the rug...Sorry...I can't do that...

Recovering from an injury has nothing to do with the MVP trophy. Also, dont kid yourself and think that the position people play don't matter.. Adrian Peterson plays one of the most brutal positions in football, its actually the shortest career expectancy for a position and he did it on a reconstructed knee.. He demands much more out of his body given the nature of his position, and hes closing in on Eric Dickerson's rushing record. Its truly unbelievable really.. So even if you did want to bring the injuries into the discussion, which they don't belong in the first place unless you're talking about comeback player, Peterson's accomplishment, given the magnitude of his comeback, is a greater accomplishment.

Aaron Rogers has no shot at MVP this year....GB is a small market football franchise, the only time WI ever gets national press is usually when we get bombarded with a huge snowfall amount, & Adrian Peterson & Peyton Manning are the feel good stories this calendar year. 

Aaron has had a nice, quiet, & productive year despite all the their team injuries this year though. Both Snowglobe & Jules are exactly right though.  :thmup:

Recovering from an injury has nothing to do with the MVP trophy. Also, dont kid yourself and think that the position people play don't matter.. Adrian Peterson plays one of the most brutal positions in football, its actually the shortest career expectancy for a position and he did it on a reconstructed knee.. He demands much more out of his body given the nature of his position, and hes closing in on Eric Dickerson's rushing record. Its truly unbelievable really.. So even if you did want to bring the injuries into the discussion, which they don't belong in the first place unless you're talking about comeback player, Peterson's accomplishment, given the magnitude of his comeback, is a greater accomplishment.
JerodMayo51,

You make a compelling argument in favor of Peterson for Comeback Player of the Year as opposed to MVP, except for 1 thing: A most valuable player isn't just about stats...especially if that 1 player literally carries your team to victory every week despite loading up the box & trying to stop the run. When everyone in the stadium knows that AP is getting the ball & he still scores TD's that puts him in legitimate contention for MVP. Overcoming a career threatening injury does play into both MVP & CBPOTY awards actually. Defying the odds cannot be forgotten either. Triumphing over psychological & physically adversity & then not skipping a beat upon their field return does not go unnoticed by anybody; nor should it.

nfl-mvp-flowchart.png

If Adrian Peterson wins MVP, I won't be offended. His knee injury could have easily ended his career & his renewed vigor & purpose is very impressive. 

I love Peyton Manning, but I seriously believe that winning MVP spells bad voodoo magic for #18 SB wise.

Tom Brady just wins...Snow, rain, veteran WR's, unknown WR's, injuries...It doesn't matter...He brought his team back in 1 quarter in under 15 minutes from a huge hole facing the toughest D in football. You can't dismiss that or brush it under the rug...Sorry...I can't do that...

not to be picky, but two of Denver's wins this year against Balt and Pitt, both had 3 or more key starters missing on D, . . . so if you want to qualify Tebows win over the Steelers and water it down, they you must similiarly water down this years wins over the Steelers and Ravens . . . just a point of reference . . . and those two qualified wins as you put it were two of the three wins against teams with winning records and the 3rd is against the Bengals . . .

As i mentioned above as to date no QB has lite up the stat sheet, save for Brady 4 ints till last Sunday night, the award should fo to AP if he breaks the record and makes the playoffs . . . heck, they should still give it too him even if his team does not make the playoffs, ala, OJ, in '73 when he broke 2000 yards and the last time a player got the award playing for a non playoff team . . .

Brady, Manning and Rogers have 7 MVPS, and 7 of the last 9 . . . its time to spread the wealth and forget about the popularity contest and defualt "lets give it to the QB" stuff . . . unless one of those QBs goes crazy in the next two weekends, i see AP as a great canidate . . .

Cant be MVP on a .500 team...can you?

as of right now on inside the NFL, Chris Collinsworth who has a vote says like he does every week I watched that he will vote for ap

his reason this time was AP in last 5 games has more yards than , sorry I Forgot the # of teams he mentioned AP has more yards  than in last 5 games than the # of teams he mentioned  teams have for the entire  year

the yearly rushing record wasnt even noted one way or the other in his conversation on AP for MVP

as of right now on inside the NFL, Chris Collinsworth who has a vote says like he does every week I watched that he will vote for ap

his reason this time was AP in last 5 games has more yards than , sorry I Forgot the # of teams he mentioned AP has more yards  than in last 5 games than the # of teams he mentioned  teams have for the entire  year

the yearly rushing record wasnt even noted one way or the other in his conversation on AP for MVP

Below  are voters also

Pete Prisco

Adrian Peterson: Amazing. He has 212 yards against the Rams and is closing in on the single-season rushing record. Even so, no MVP talk. That has to be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. It has to be.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete-prisco/21413823/monday-musings-did-some-teams-pack-it-in-sunday-

DUNGY

... to break Eric Dickerson's record, [and] I think he can do it.

"But the question is, can he lead the Vikings into the playoffs? Two tough games -- at Houston, and home against Green Bay. If Adrian Peterson does lead them into the playoffs and breaks the record, I think he has to be the MVP of the league."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/dungy-playbook-adrian-peterson-break-eric-dickerson-single-062522409--nfl.html

• Adam Schein 

Andrew Luck gets my MVP vote for reviving Indianapolis Colts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000105991/article/andrew-luck-gets-my-mvp-vote-for-reviving-indianapolis-colts

And in unrelated news, MVP voter Peter King has narrowed his ballot.

ESPN FAN POLL   -- no idea when taken

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson received a majority of the fans’ NFL MVP vote (51 percent), beating Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (33 percent) and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (10 percent) by a wide margin.

It’s always revealing to see fan biases by state. Peterson won most states across the country while Brady predictably swept New England. Manning understandably won Colorado, Wyoming and Utah but also Indiana (where he led the Colts) and Tennessee (where he led the Volunteers

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=3395941

The Vikings recently launched a campaign for Peterson’s candidacy, similar to what you might see from colleges and the Heisman Trophy. Running backs haven’t received much love in the hashtag era, however, so #MVPeterson faces an uphill battle.

https://www.facebook.com/minnesotavikings/app_393417027399304

interesting, i was wondering if first round bye helps, thought would

Well what I posted was a joke made a few years ago or so but it does make sense at times lol.

Hey I just realized, RG3 is gonna miss a game and come back. When is the media gonna say he is comeback player of the year. lmao

alex marvez  Video debate

has a vote and says peterson  has his vote unless   vikings both  dont get in , & peterson  doesnt get record , even then he may give it to peterson

He debated  Pete Schrager who doesnt have a vote as far as I know  from list i have who would vote for Peyton if he could

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22256977/tuesday-morning-qb-packers-aaron-rodgers-tops-2012

I gotta laugh my bum off. The argument is made that AD came back so fast and is running so well, yet when the same argument is made with Peyton.. its dismissed as 'oh thats a comeback player award'. You cant have it both ways people.

Cant make the argument of injury with AD and hold it against Peyton.

I think the Pack find a way to beat the Vikes this weekend anyway so it goes to Manning. Packers will want that second seed and want to knock out a division rival. If they lost to the Vikings they likely play them 2 weeks in a row.

MVP might be a jinx, I swear to God. Not since Warner has an MVP won the SB too.

And the Pats have the SB loser jinx and the Bronocs will likely have the MVP jinx. IF you believe in the curses/jinxes! We will see as it all unfolds soon!!

Of course if the Broncos shockingly lost to the Chiefs who knows? Peyton never has the best numbers it seems vs. Crennel. But, as long as Denver wins I think it goes to Manning even if the game is close.

It sure would be interesting to see the voter breakdown though if the Vikings did get in but we have to see if they actually get IN first. A first round bye week almost always seem to trump a 6th seed when MVP debates arise.

Even if the Pats get the bye if the Colts win Sunday I just am not sure they are seriously putting Brady in the MVP discussion, especially after the last 2 weeks with shaky NE performances vs. the 49ers and Jags.

How is definitely the MVP? His team might not, and most likely will not make the playoffs

Doesn't make him any less valuable. Not many players you can look at and say "That team wouldn't win a game without him" nowadays. Peyton was the same way with us. Imagine the Vikings without AP that offense would be as bad as the jags without him.

49ers D is worn out and without Justin Smith in the middle to cause D-line push in that line up (as in the case of the second half vs Pats), that D becomes average, IMO. The Seahawks just showed it again. Heck, the Giants smacked them when they were healthy and playing good at SF. Once can be dismissed but if it happens 2 weeks in a row or several times in the year, you know it cannot be dismissed. Just pointing out. :)

I personally want AP to win because he wont get as many chances and this is his BEST chance to win.

Recovering from an injury has nothing to do with the MVP trophy. Also, dont kid yourself and think that the position people play don't matter.. Adrian Peterson plays one of the most brutal positions in football, its actually the shortest career expectancy for a position and he did it on a reconstructed knee.

That's cool and all, but Peyton leads the league in passer rating with a reconstructed neck.

It's not APs fault that his team might not make the playoffs. In fact, he is the sole reason they are even in playoff contention.

The award isn't for the best player. Its for the most valuable. if your team isn't in the post season, how valuable were you. They could have missed the playoffs without you. Who was the lady MVP that was on a team that didn't make the playoffs