Photo

Jeff Saturday benched

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#41 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13834 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Look, I just want to hear from 2 people in 2 separate rooms: Why was Jeff removed from 1st string center to 2nd string? Not the GM, not the HC, not the PR guy...

Just Jeff & Aaron in different rooms with no ESPN cameras...

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 dw49

dw49
  • 4177 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

There is no concrete proof to illustrate that both Grigson or Owner Irsay viewed Jeff Saturday as physically damaged goods. I'm sorry dw49, but that is pure speculation on your part. Until you get deliberate confirmation on that fact, I wouldn't run with that statement at all.

Jeff deserves the benefit of the doubt. Yes, players usually retire from the game as a result of the body breaking down or mental preparation weariness etc. etc. Just try not to sabotage Saturday's NFL career without confirmation please thank you. That's all I ask dw49. 

at the risk of "sabotaging Jeff Saturday's career" , I'm going to view the fact that Irsay offered Saturday a desk job as "evidence" that the thinking in Indy was that Saturday could no longer get the job done. This is no disgrace to Saturday as every player reaches the age where he just doesn't have enough game left. At 37 , it is not unusual to hit this plateau in the NFL. If you want to say that I have no proof of this , I would say that I don't but it certainly appeared that Indy had no desire to keep him despite the O line being terrible. If that's "pure speculation " then I'm guilty as charged.

#43 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2431 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

My question is why didn't they do that earlier than the last 2 games of the season and if they worked him out before signing him why did they sign him? :dunno:
Maybe the kid that's getting the start had been showing the coaches what they wanted to see in practice (that sounds like the kind of answer that a coach would give)
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#44 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2431 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Packer fan's are saying that it's injury related.
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#45 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 17159 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Why Now?

Packer fan's are saying that it's injury related.

Hopefully that is the reason

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#46 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3474 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

They should put Jeff back in there and make Aaron use shorter passes.  Making that O Line look bad and not using the playbook to benefit their skills.   :bag:

**No matter the reason Jeff, thank you, very much, for the whole body of work you put in with the Colts.**

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#47 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 17159 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Jeff has had a great career

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#48 JPPT1974

JPPT1974
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hope that it is not the end for him either. As hope he has some good years left in and with him!

Happy Halloween!

#49 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13834 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

at the risk of "sabotaging Jeff Saturday's career" , I'm going to view the fact that Irsay offered Saturday a desk job as "evidence" that the thinking in Indy was that Saturday could no longer get the job done. This is no disgrace to Saturday as every player reaches the age where he just doesn't have enough game left. At 37 , it is not unusual to hit this plateau in the NFL. If you want to say that I have no proof of this , I would say that I don't but it certainly appeared that Indy had no desire to keep him despite the O line being terrible. If that's "pure speculation " then I'm guilty as charged.

I wouldn't say you were wrong dw49. I'm just not prepared to throw in the towel yet on #63 & call it a career at age 37. More an inclination on my part vs. you sir. I will readily admit that...The mind is willing, but the body refuses to cooperate I guess...No one's NFL tenure lasts forever. Eventually, we will all be a distant memory & called upon to "roll me away" as Bob Seger would say...

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#50 King Colt

King Colt

Colt fan for 53 yrs. now!

• 1150 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

You gotta be one tuff stud to play that position all those years. If he is done then thanks for the great memories. You da man!!
"Build The Monster, Then Turn It Loose"

#51 dw49

dw49
  • 4177 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

I wouldn't say you were wrong dw49. I'm just not prepared to throw in the towel yet on #63 & call it a career at age 37. More an inclination on my part vs. you sir. I will readily admit that...The mind is willing, but the body refuses to cooperate I guess...No one's NFL tenure lasts forever. Eventually, we will all be a distant memory & called upon to "roll me away" as Bob Seger would say...

Got ya. Saturday sure was a player for all those years.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates