Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday benched

MTC

There is no concrete proof to illustrate that both Grigson or Owner Irsay viewed Jeff Saturday as physically damaged goods. I'm sorry dw49, but that is pure speculation on your part. Until you get deliberate confirmation on that fact, I wouldn't run with that statement at all.

Jeff deserves the benefit of the doubt. Yes, players usually retire from the game as a result of the body breaking down or mental preparation weariness etc. etc. Just try not to sabotage Saturday's NFL career without confirmation please thank you. That's all I ask dw49. 

at the risk of "sabotaging Jeff Saturday's career" , I'm going to view the fact that Irsay offered Saturday a desk job as "evidence" that the thinking in Indy was that Saturday could no longer get the job done. This is no disgrace to Saturday as every player reaches the age where he just doesn't have enough game left. At 37 , it is not unusual to hit this plateau in the NFL. If you want to say that I have no proof of this , I would say that I don't but it certainly appeared that Indy had no desire to keep him despite the O line being terrible. If that's "pure speculation " then I'm guilty as charged.

My question is why didn't they do that earlier than the last 2 games of the season and if they worked him out before signing him why did they sign him? :dunno:
Maybe the kid that's getting the start had been showing the coaches what they wanted to see in practice (that sounds like the kind of answer that a coach would give)

at the risk of "sabotaging Jeff Saturday's career" , I'm going to view the fact that Irsay offered Saturday a desk job as "evidence" that the thinking in Indy was that Saturday could no longer get the job done. This is no disgrace to Saturday as every player reaches the age where he just doesn't have enough game left. At 37 , it is not unusual to hit this plateau in the NFL. If you want to say that I have no proof of this , I would say that I don't but it certainly appeared that Indy had no desire to keep him despite the O line being terrible. If that's "pure speculation " then I'm guilty as charged.

I wouldn't say you were wrong dw49. I'm just not prepared to throw in the towel yet on #63 & call it a career at age 37. More an inclination on my part vs. you sir. I will readily admit that...The mind is willing, but the body refuses to cooperate I guess...No one's NFL tenure lasts forever. Eventually, we will all be a distant memory & called upon to "roll me away" as Bob Seger would say...

http://youtu.be/BlmyndFlkGA

I wouldn't say you were wrong dw49. I'm just not prepared to throw in the towel yet on #63 & call it a career at age 37. More an inclination on my part vs. you sir. I will readily admit that...The mind is willing, but the body refuses to cooperate I guess...No one's NFL tenure lasts forever. Eventually, we will all be a distant memory & called upon to "roll me away" as Bob Seger would say...

http://youtu.be/BlmyndFlkGA

Got ya. Saturday sure was a player for all those years.