•  

Photo

Free agency: under the radar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Can you name any free agents who aren't big names like mike wallace ,victor cruz,joe flacco etc. Ill start: arthur jones (DE), eben britton(G),antoine caldwell (G),ryan lilja.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Steagles

Steagles

Matt Overton and I!

• 873 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I'm not sure if you'd consider these guys big names, but here goes:
Jairus Byrd (S) - Buffalo
Felix Jones (RB) - Dallas (Who I think would be great here with Ballard, he just needs a good coach to push him to try)
Josh Cribbs (WR) - Cleveland
Connor Barwin (LB) - Houston
Tracy Porter (CB) - Denver
Delanie Walker (WR/TE) - San Fransisco
Antonio Rodgers-Cromartie (CB) - Philadelphia
Rey Maualuga (LB) - Cincinatti
LaRon Landry (S) - Washington
Glenn Dorsey (DL) - Kansas City

I am giving this improved Colts team 8 wins this year. I think we will go 8-8 in 2013-14.   (July 24, 2013)

#3 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16356 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Jones dont need anyone to push him in my opinion, what he needs is to get the majority of the carries, Cant get yards if you dont get the number of carries(not sure why so many dont seem to understand that), 106 attempts through 14 games wont get it done, he does have a small fumble problem though

#4 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5578 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Jones dont need anyone to push him in my opinion, what he needs is to get the majority of the carries, Cant get yards if you dont get the number of carries(not sure why so many dont seem to understand that), 106 attempts through 14 games wont get it done, he does have a small fumble problem though

Felix Jones?  NOOOOOO..  that dude is Bob Sanders Jr..  always hurt.   

Indy is fine at RB...   maybe a big bruising stud but all in all I really like what they have. 

I would not mind seeing Brown come back, although he is not the personification of health.

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#5 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5578 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Cribbs would be nice. 

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#6 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Felix Jones (RB) - Dallas (Who I think would be great here with Ballard, he just needs a good coach to push him to try)
Connor Barwin (LB) - Houston (maybe)
Antonio Rodgers-Cromartie (CB) - Philadelphia (I assume you mean Dominique)

By big names, I mean people that if we go after, we will have to compete with the other 31 teams to get him (not literally all 31 other teams but you get what i mean), players where 2 or 3(max) teams will look to go after them ( I highlighted those where we will have tons of competition to get), hope that clears things up :)

#7 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16356 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

No I wasn't suggesting Jones and I dont want Cribbs, he would be useless here, he is a glorified Punt and Kick Returner nothing else and we already have guys that can do that

#8 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16356 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

we would have competition for Porter, Landry, Maualuga

#9 Steagles

Steagles

Matt Overton and I!

• 873 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

By big names, I mean people that if we go after, we will have to compete with the other 31 teams to get him (not literally all 31 other teams but you get what i mean), players where 2 or 3(max) teams will look to go after them ( I highlighted those where we will have tons of competition to get), hope that clears things up :)
Yeah, I meant Dominique :P

As for Jairus Byrd, I think he should be priority #1. He and Bethea would be scary in the defensive backfield.

I am giving this improved Colts team 8 wins this year. I think we will go 8-8 in 2013-14.   (July 24, 2013)

#10 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

we would have competition for Porter, Landry, Maualuga

Your right about them aswell, but at CB I'm ( like others) hoping Asomugha is cut from the eagles and we pick him up. For SS I would like someone like Jairus Byrd or Dashon Goldson. For ILB I think we won't need Maualuga cos its  Freeman and Angerer are actually not bad at ILB

#11 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6751 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Connor Barwin (LB) - Houston
Antonio Rodgers-Cromartie (CB) - Philadelphia

I don't think the vast majority of the players listed here are "under the radar"....   I think most all of them are easily on most everyone's radar.    

#12 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6751 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Here's a name way, Way, WAY under the radar.    I wasn't going to bring him up until the off-season and he won't generate any buzz or excitement here...   but I've kept an eye on him from a distance for several years.

He's Ramses Barden, a tall WR for the New York Giants.   I think that's an organization that has repeatedly demonstrated it knows personnel and especially knows WR's.

Now, he's never broken out.  He doesn't play much.   But, he's never been cut either, so I don't think of him as a bust.   He's been there 4-years and when he gets a chance, he produces.    He's 6'6" and 224.   A former 3rd round draft pick.   He'd be the Kris Adams we had (only better I think)  and I think we could get him for cheap.   Say, 2 years and $2 Mill total.   Who knows,  maybe even cheaper...

Here's his Bio:

http://www.giants.co...a9-f8d7990fb699

I'm not expecting this to happen, and won't be disappointed if it doesn't.   But he's been high on my "under the radar' list for some time now.

#13 Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt
  • 1115 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Louis Delmas SS for the Lions. Manny Lawson OLB, I think is a free agent. Keenan Lewis CB, Steelers to name a few under the radar guys.

#14 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16356 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Delmas has yet to play a whole season and only 17 games the last 2 years , intriguing but I think a Safety can be drafted in the middle rounds with players who are coming from the draft who are healthier, lets say 3rd or possibly 4th if we chose that route, Baccarri Rambo, Personally I think Tom has produced just enough(Not all that good in my opinion) that Grigson and our coaches give him another year to prove himself, keep in mind this is basically his first year as a full time starter,

#15 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Can you name any free agents who aren't big names like mike wallace ,victor cruz,joe flacco etc. Ill start: arthur jones (DE), eben britton(G),antoine caldwell (G),ryan lilja.

Ryan Lilja would get absolutely trounced in our man blocking scheme.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#16 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11452 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Why do the Colts need Cribbs

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#17 danlhart87

danlhart87
  • 1331 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

Vasguez OG Chargers

#18 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5383 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

OG Matt Slauson, 26yrs old and has been a real solid reliable starter for the Jets over the last 3 years. And lord knows we need the help for the interior oline

#19 SuperJoe33

SuperJoe33
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Louis Delmas SS for the Lions. Manny Lawson OLB, I think is a free agent. Keenan Lewis CB, Steelers to name a few under the radar guys.

I love the way Louis Delmas plays. However he reminds me a little bit of Bob Sanders in the fact that he is often injured. I know he's missed several games this year with the Lions.

Tell me what you think….
Super Joe

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Apr
    MOB

Opening against the Broncos. Maybe this is a sign of destiny?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates