Photo

Nnamdi Asomugha

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#41 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Andy Reid just had the worst year of his life.  I can't help but feel sorry for him.  His son dying, his team crumbling, his decision making.....all of it was just bad.  He needs to take a year or 2 off completely for football.

Oth, I would love N.A.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Asomugha was benched yesterday.........I think he's done in Philly

#43 loudnproudcolt

loudnproudcolt
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Dashon Goldson- 5150 was right as he was signed on a one year tender but it was the franchise tag. If they cannot sign him to a long term deal they either have to cut him loose or they can apply the franchise tag one more time, but at 120% of the top 5 SS average salary, which I do not think SF will do. I don't know how there cap is, but they have a lot of starters signed for a long period of time, so it must be tight, so it is very possible he hits the FA market. I would love Goldson, but I would also love Byrd. Either one would be a great match with Bethea.

#44 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6691 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Wouldn't he command WAY to much $. I thought he had a ridiculous contract.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#45 jwilli69

jwilli69
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I feel kinda bad for Nnamdi though. In Oakland, he was feared by the vast majority of OC's in the NFL, but since arriving in Philadelphia, he is no longer feared at all...A strange turn of events really...Cream of the crop to bottom of the barrel...

This is what happens when teams buy the name and ignore the system. A great player with a superb talent at something is usually not good at changing up mid career. Why teams don't get good players that match their system is beyond me. Getting zone blocking olineman for a man blocking scheme is dumb and I don't care who it is you get. Same with getting a solid NT for a pass rushing 4-3 system, it doesn't matter who it is if their skil set is not a match. How many big names who dominate in a system only to fail after a large signing do we see over and over. Haynesworth, Namdi, etc... I would rather get a good player that isn't top 3 that fits our style than a top #1 that is the best at the opposite of how we play.
John Williams

#46 alfred87

alfred87
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

He should be able to help on run support, that has been a problem in philly, they cant tackle
Tornadoes #87 DE/OLB

#47 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9444 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

If Nnamdi gets cut, sign me up to work on a website like nnamdiacolt.com or something to get him to come here. If he gets cut, he'll be #2 on my wish list, Jairus Byrd being #1. Just thinking of what GCG5150 mentioned, Vontae and Nnamdi paired with Bethea and Byrd... WOW.

Not to be a buzz kill, but if Byrd doesn't sign a new deal I would imagine he would be franchised

#48 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17932 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

This is what happens when teams buy the name and ignore the system. A great player with a superb talent at something is usually not good at changing up mid career. Why teams don't get good players that match their system is beyond me. Getting zone blocking olineman for a man blocking scheme is dumb and I don't care who it is you get. Same with getting a solid NT for a pass rushing 4-3 system, it doesn't matter who it is if their skil set is not a match. How many big names who dominate in a system only to fail after a large signing do we see over and over. Haynesworth, Namdi, etc... I would rather get a good player that isn't top 3 that fits our style than a top #1 that is the best at the opposite of how we play.

The most important post in this thread in my opinion! and one I have said multiple times in regards to our O Linemen in another thread or two

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

I'm out of the hospital, FINALLY...this was the 4th time in the past 2 months..for status, please read my soon to be posted update in the Fantasy Football forum here...and thanks everyone, for the love, caring, thoughts and prayers...

Show comments (9)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Skelly

I thought I'd stop in to say I have nothing to say. Enjoy your day or night.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Jules

I really want to see "Gone Girl". I read the book a while ago and it was excellent. The movie does not look too bad but I am sure it is a bit different then the book.

Show comments (12)
View All Updates