Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nnamdi Asomugha

Dashon Goldson- 5150 was right as he was signed on a one year tender but it was the franchise tag. If they cannot sign him to a long term deal they either have to cut him loose or they can apply the franchise tag one more time, but at 120% of the top 5 SS average salary, which I do not think SF will do. I don't know how there cap is, but they have a lot of starters signed for a long period of time, so it must be tight, so it is very possible he hits the FA market. I would love Goldson, but I would also love Byrd. Either one would be a great match with Bethea.

I feel kinda bad for Nnamdi though. In Oakland, he was feared by the vast majority of OC's in the NFL, but since arriving in Philadelphia, he is no longer feared at all...A strange turn of events really...Cream of the crop to bottom of the barrel...

This is what happens when teams buy the name and ignore the system. A great player with a superb talent at something is usually not good at changing up mid career. Why teams don't get good players that match their system is beyond me. Getting zone blocking olineman for a man blocking scheme is dumb and I don't care who it is you get. Same with getting a solid NT for a pass rushing 4-3 system, it doesn't matter who it is if their skil set is not a match. How many big names who dominate in a system only to fail after a large signing do we see over and over. Haynesworth, Namdi, etc... I would rather get a good player that isn't top 3 that fits our style than a top #1 that is the best at the opposite of how we play.

If Nnamdi gets cut, sign me up to work on a website like nnamdiacolt.com or something to get him to come here. If he gets cut, he'll be #2 on my wish list, Jairus Byrd being #1. Just thinking of what GCG5150 mentioned, Vontae and Nnamdi paired with Bethea and Byrd... WOW.

Not to be a buzz kill, but if Byrd doesn't sign a new deal I would imagine he would be franchised

This is what happens when teams buy the name and ignore the system. A great player with a superb talent at something is usually not good at changing up mid career. Why teams don't get good players that match their system is beyond me. Getting zone blocking olineman for a man blocking scheme is dumb and I don't care who it is you get. Same with getting a solid NT for a pass rushing 4-3 system, it doesn't matter who it is if their skil set is not a match. How many big names who dominate in a system only to fail after a large signing do we see over and over. Haynesworth, Namdi, etc... I would rather get a good player that isn't top 3 that fits our style than a top #1 that is the best at the opposite of how we play.

The most important post in this thread in my opinion! and one I have said multiple times in regards to our O Linemen in another thread or two