Photo

Indianapolis (-7) at Kansas City

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17679 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

This one is easy. the Colts dont win games by large margins...

..and the Colts dont dominate anyone on the road....I dont think we win by eight

But this game clinches the playoffs and KC has nothing to play for..and is shorthanded.

I like Indy to win a close one as they have all year

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11563 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

We're also shorthanded. We DON'T HAVE COLLIE!!!!!! OMG THE WORLD IS GONNA END!!! ANDREW CAN'T THROW IT TO COLLIE!!!! :sarcasm:
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#3 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17679 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

We're also shorthanded. We DON'T HAVE COLLIE!!!!!! OMG THE WORLD IS GONNA END!!! ANDREW CAN'T THROW IT TO COLLIE!!!! :sarcasm:

Technically, the world is supposed to end before the game. Its a low-risk bet

#4 corgi

corgi
  • 2671 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

You think anyone is taking bets on the Myans being right, or wrong?  It's really genius when you think about it.

#5 Bubba_Rebel

Bubba_Rebel
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Colts 31-17

#6 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3629 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Colts 28 Chiefs 6

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#7 Coltsfanman1953

Coltsfanman1953
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

Whatif predicts Colts 16 - Chiefs 20.

#8 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3383 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Ouch.

On the nothing to play for thought I sometimes hear about (mainly other sites, but maybe here as well).  I think they do have something to play for.  

1. Their job next year.  All of the games and effort of every player is on tape for coaches/GM's to peruse.  Nobody wants to be filmed tanking it the last couple games.

2. Chance to keep someone else from going to the dance.  Misery loves company. The old 'If we can't go, I'll keep them from going too!"

3. The Let's have fun and be creative factor.  The we have nothing to lose, and maybe something to gain attitude. {see above}

Granted, the emotional lift won't be there, that sense of urgency, like it will be for our Colts.  But they won't just give it away.  We'll earn it, and deserve it. :)

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#9 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6795 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Hopefully we can Charleschopter Jamal Charles like we have before. + payback for last year.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#10 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11563 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

This is a MUST Win Game. Either that, or we become Bengal Fans to beat Pit for us

#11 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 17183 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

This is a MUST Win Game. Either that, or we become Bengal Fans to beat Pit for us

If the Bengals, Lions, Jets, Panthers or Texans win this week, we're in, even if we lose. I think the Texans will beat the Vikings, and I bet the Panthers beat the Raiders. The rest of those are toss-ups.

LET'S HUNT

#12 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11563 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

If the Bengals, Lions, Jets, Panthers or Texans win this week, we're in, even if we lose. I think the Texans will beat the Vikings, and I bet the Panthers beat the Raiders. The rest of those are toss-ups.

Oh. I just read NFL.com Playoff Picture and we just need a Win or Steelers loss to clinch

#13 Coltsince4

Coltsince4
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

#14 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 17183 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Oh. I just read NFL.com Playoff Picture and we just need a Win or Steelers loss to clinch

Who knows? I haven't run the scenarios myself, but there's a bunch of different info out there. Either way, I'd rather we just took care of it ourselves.

LET'S HUNT

#15 chad72

chad72
  • 9450 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Colts 20 Chiefs 10

#16 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11563 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Who knows? I haven't run the scenarios myself, but there's a bunch of different info out there. Either way, I'd rather we just took care of it ourselves.

Yep. Win, & can't nobody tell us nothing

#17 ColtsFTW

ColtsFTW
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

They might not have anything to play for but some teams just like to play the spoiler...

#18 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13677 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

This is just simply a game you have to win i you are a playoff team.  You can tell me how hungry KC is going to be, how good they are at the skill positions, or how hard of a place KC is to play and you will be right on every single one of those points.  However, they have not played well at ALL this season.  If you are going to the playoffs and need a win to get in this is not a game you lose.  That's not over looking KC either (not that it matters since I don't play for the team and I don't think anyone on the team is over looking them) it's just stating that if the Colts are playoff team and need a win to get in they have to be able to beat a team that has managed to just win twice to this point in the season.

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#19 Hendo12

Hendo12
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Playoff teams beat KC by 7.

I hope we can. %.
A Wolfpack Of One

#20 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17679 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

I hope we can.

.....WE think we need this game (we wont know until Pitt plays)

The sense of urgency is there..We can block their defensive front and Luck can make connections early

Then we'll be conservative and win with field goals.....26-20

#21 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1137 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

I refuse to overlook the Chiefs after that 17 point lead we blew against them last season. Granted it was "last season", you never know.

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#22 Coltsince4

Coltsince4
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Lets see, the Raiders one of the most pitifullest none no what to do on offense or defense of team in the league beats and shuts out the 

Chiefs then for me I don't see why the Colts should not beat them just like we did against  the Jags last game at least!!!! Lose to this

team and Colt ought to just forget about it. This game will really show where we truly are at, good are bad.

#23 thunderkyss

thunderkyss
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

I think this is going to be a good game. Down to the wire. But, in this case, the Colts are the better team, so I expect them to win.

AFC South Champs 2011 & 2012

#24 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1383 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

I think this is going to be a good game. Down to the wire. But, in this case, the Colts are the better team, so I expect them to win.

It won't be close, Colts win by 17.

colts_jersey_sig2.png
Bleeding Blue, since '72..........

#25 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6795 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

As long as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man doesn't get in the way I see a victory for the Colts.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#26 Hendo12

Hendo12
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

God man no kiddin.
A Wolfpack Of One

#27 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

• Forum Moderator
  • 3383 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

As long as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man doesn't get in the way I see a victory for the Colts.

Don't worry.  We're prepared to 'cross the streams'. Gozer is a Goner.  ;)

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#28 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

This is just simply a game you have to win i you are a playoff team.  You can tell me how hungry KC is going to be, how good they are at the skill positions, or how hard of a place KC is to play and you will be right on every single one of those points.  However, they have not played well at ALL this season.  If you are going to the playoffs and need a win to get in this is not a game you lose.  That's not over looking KC either (not that it matters since I don't play for the team and I don't think anyone on the team is over looking them) it's just stating that if the Colts are playoff team and need a win to get in they have to be able to beat a team that has managed to just win twice to this point in the season.

lost  quite a few recently, down basically to charles running

ir report

http://www.kcchiefs....ury-report.html

Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#29 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16762 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Everything will be okay

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#30 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 1039 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Will Luck have a monster game this year? That's the question you're asking and the Chiefs are most likely his last chance to do so and I would say Luck is ready, he puts it all together and the Chiefs are punished (at least 5 Colt TDS).

#31 GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE
  • 828 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Idk why but i have that feeling we Will go out there and lay an egg.. That's just me i most certainly hope not

#32 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2152 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Will Luck have a monster game this year? That's the question you're asking and the Chiefs are most likely his last chance to do so and I would say Luck is ready, he puts it all together and the Chiefs are punished (at least 5 Colt TDS).

The monster game is most likely to happen against a team that can put up points, thus forcing a shoot out. Who knows... It could happen, but KC just doesn't have any weapons that scare anyone right now. I expect a solid first half from the Colts, a decent lead, and an uber-conservative, low scoring second half.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#33 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1320 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Um... Luck has had some monster games. Not throwing 7 TD's a game doesn't mean it wasn't a monster. Week 9 against Miami. 30/48, 433 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 9.0 YPA.

#34 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 17183 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

..and the Colts dont dominate anyone on the road....I dont think we win by eight

But this game clinches the playoffs and KC has nothing to play for..and is shorthanded.

Vegas does it again...

LET'S HUNT

#35 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

• Forum Moderator
  • 3383 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Spot on.

#36 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17679 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

I hope we can.

Did somebody say....

"Playoff teams beat KC by 7"?

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!