Which one?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Phil Loadholt
    • Sebastian Vollmer
    • Andre Smith
    • Gosder Cherilus
    • Winston Justice

Well we all know Oline is a big need in the offseason. The only spot I am comfortable with is LT going in to the offseason. Right Tackle looks like the easiest spot to fill with Free Agency. Just curious who others would want to sign.

Personally, I'd probably go with Loadholt because of his run blocking. Vollmer and Smith are a little more well rounded but they don't get quite the push Loadholt does. Cherilus and Justice are better pass blockers, but I really couldn't care less about re-signing Justice, especially since he has gotten worse as the year has went on.

Beatty is high on my list too....

But there is one problem.   He's a left tackle.    And we may want him to be our right tackle.   Or, if he's willing to come as our right tackle,  he may still want to be PAID as a Left tackle.   They make considerably more.

And, if you say Beatty to left and Castonzo to the right side,  prepare for the same thing.   AC will want LT money, or he'll leave to get it elsewhere....

Sometimes these things get tricky....

Beatty is high on my list too....

But there is one problem.   He's a left tackle.    And we may want him to be our right tackle.   Or, if he's willing to come as our right tackle,  he may still want to be PAID as a Left tackle.   They make considerably more.

And, if you say Beatty to left and Castonzo to the right side,  prepare for the same thing.   AC will want LT money, or he'll leave to get it elsewhere....

Sometimes these things get tricky....

Castonzo in my opinion is alright but is not our future at LT but maybe RT, Thats not to say Beatty is a future LT for us because I have not watched him enough to know what he is good at or is not good at and we did invest in Castonzo but I also have to think he was a huge investment in a Zone Blocking scheme and not Man. Im not saying move all these pieces we had in our Zone Scheme from last year out of here. Im just sayin right now we have quite a few O Linemen who were drafted into Zone Blocking schemes for a reason

I agree with BLOODontheTRACKS, if Vollmer Didn't have back issues he should win by a landslide. however, b/c he does have back issues i think it should be Loadholt. I think Justice should be retained as a backup and as for Andre Smith he has turned his career around in a contract year. meaning, Smith is playing great now for the $ that he cuold potentially make.

i like Louis Vasquez as the RG also. I think Vasquez & Loadholt on the right side would be great. I still wonder if Vollmer should be considered even with the back issues though...

Didn't know where else to put this news....

But Big Arrow DOWN for Jags OL Ebin Britton.

This weeks USA Today Sports Weekley says Britton has been bench -- for the 2nd time this season!    That's for performance, and not due to injury.

So,  unless Grigson has a major man crush on him, I'm afraid we're going to take a pass on him.   No pun intended.

At best, we sign him for dirt cheap to be a back-up, but otherwise.....     sorry.....

Didn't know where else to put this news....

But Big Arrow DOWN for Jags OL Ebin Britton.

This weeks USA Today Sports Weekley says Britton has been bench -- for the 2nd time this season!    That's for performance, and not due to injury.

So,  unless Grigson has a major man crush on him, I'm afraid we're going to take a pass on him.   No pun intended.

At best, we sign him for dirt cheap to be a back-up, but otherwise.....     sorry.....

interesting

I would love to see Indianapolis go after Ryan Clady who is a free agent from Denver. However he turned down five years 50 million from them. The other tackle could be Jake along to look at who is a free agent out of Miami who is coming off an injury.

My worries would be with Sam Baker, and Sebastian Vollmer is they've had lower back issues which has sidelined each of them at different points early in their career. Maybe an individual who could play inside would be Andy Levitre. He's a guard out of Buffalo. Hopefully then comes back after two ACL injuries and can either play right or left guard. Also if you get Clady or long I'm sure Costanzo would switch to right tackle to make the team better.

It would be nice if Sampson can play more than two games in a row as well, I do realize the injury isn't something that he can necessarily control but just saying. I think one or two of these guys would add great depth to the roster in my opinion.

We need to overhaul our whole Oline besides AC and Satale(not long term solution).

If we can get 1 or maybe 2 of these guys I think it would be worth it. Then we can use our 1st pick on a OLB(hopefully Dion Jordan), or CB (if hes there Jon Banks) or NT (Jesse Williams if available).

1. Ryan Clady
  2. Sebastian Vollmer
  3. Jake Long
  4. Brandon Albert

Thoughts?

We need to overhaul our whole Oline besides AC and Satale(not long term solution).

If we can get 1 or maybe 2 of these guys I think it would be worth it. Then we can use our 1st pick on a OLB(hopefully Dion Jordan), or CB (if hes there Jon Banks) or NT (Jesse Williams if available).

1. Ryan Clady
  2. Sebastian Vollmer
  3. Jake Long
  4. Brandon Albert

Thoughts?

Zone Blocking scheme O Linemen

if the dolphins don't sign jake long, he would be an UFA. What if the colts moved Castonzo to RT and signed Long to LT? that's the best tackle duo in the league. good luck getting to LUCK

With all the candidates, but especially Jake...   it depends on two things....

His health, and how much money he wants....    both could be big obstacles to overcome.