Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colts.com

MOMENTUM KEY FOR TEAMS HEADING TO POSTSEASON

1 post in this topic

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• LeRaven Clark signed
      Now just get Andrew figured out and see if there is anything left for late free agents.
    • 2015-2016 Indiana Pacers (And rest of the NBA) Season
      I started watching Basketball in the late 70's (around 1977 when I was super young) so I will just list guys I have seen live. I never seen Wilt or Russell play so I wont list them. So My top 5 Centers out of the guys I have seen roughly since the late 70's would be: 1. Kareem 2. Shaq 3. Hakeem - I put him 3rd. He was better Defensively than Kareem or Shaq but wasn't near the scorer as those 2 were. Both Shaq and Kareem have more career Points and he's not even close to Kareem in Points scored. Kareem won 6 League MVP's, Hakeem and Shaq only 1 so that isn't even close either. Yes Hakeem had great Post moves but Kareem was much taller and had the SkyHook which he could shoot 10 feet away from the basket. It was the most unstoppable shot in NBA history actually. I put Shaq 2nd. A lot of people remember Hakeem getting the better of Shaq in the 1995 Finals but in fairness to Shaq he was only in his 3rd season, Hakeem was in his 10th with Championship experience. Shaq actually averaged 27 Points and 10 Rebounds in that Finals but the Magic got swept so it looked worse than what it was for Shaq. I'll take Shaq from 2000-2002 over anything Hakeem accomplished. He was the most dominant player at the Center position I ever seen in those 3 seasons. Shaq is also 1 of only 2 players that won 3 straight Finals MVP's, Jordan being the only other. 4. Moses Malone - IMO he was better than Robinson. Robinson while being a fantastic athlete was soft at times and didn't win anything of importance until Duncan got on the team. Moses Malone carried Doctor J to his only Ring in 1983. 5. David Robinson - I didn't list Wilt or Russell simply because this list is based on my eye test. When it comes to Duncan you can either put him in this category which is Greatest Centers or in the PF category. Most put him in the PF category is why I didn't list Duncan here. Duncan is definitely the better player when you compare him to Robinson regarding just comparing players though.
    • 2016 Fantasy Football Leagues
      Hello again all,   1. There will be no keepers from the previous season and the draft order will be randomized. We can discuss keepers going forward, but this is something that needs to be determined pre-draft, so who's for it?   2. Currently there are 6 bench positions and 1 IR position. I think bench positions are extremely important for bye weeks, and handcuffs in case your star player goes down. I'd entertain lowering the bench numbers if a majority are in favor. I think down two is a bit much myself, I'd be much more comfortable with one.   3. I have no problem extending the return yardage points to players, again majority rules.   4. I don't like the idea of having another flex RB position, There are not that many quality RB's in the league and I think doing that will have all of the RB's coming off the board very early in the draft, with the ability to start 4 RB's on gameday. Current Flex are WR/RB and WR/TE. The WR/TE was an experiment last year and I think it worked out well.   Just a reminder, we also have QB's at 6pts per passing TD, just throwing that out there.   I've asked @Colt92 to chime in, he was the commissioner of the Joe's league last season and he could provide some insight on Joe's hopefully.   Here is who I have as returning (Bold), haven;t heard from the others as of yet, if you know them ask them to check in!   1. IndyD4U 2. AxeIF 3. SilentHill 4. Out of Bounds 5. God Hates Jags 6. The Forever Unclean's 7. ? 8. The Mythical White Cornerback 9. Broosters 10. Bodacious Mantises 11. Fresh4Life 12. ?
    • Defensive expectation for Indy in 2016
      The D can be really good if: 1. Art Jones can have a healthy season. 2. Henry Anderson can have a healthy season. 3. D-Juan Smith can progress. 4. Nate Irving and Sio Moore are healthy. 5. The rookies learn the system quickly. I guess it is pretty easy to see the recurring theme among the players mentioned that are not rookies.    
    • The Trouble With Andrew Luck
      I believe Luck's numbers will improve drastically if there is a chance that the Colts can get a first down on 3rd and 2 running the ball. This would lead to nice play-action options that are hard to defend. I thought the author was fairly accurate as far as he went.
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hello my Name is Robin. And i'm from Denmark. even though i've been member on this forum for a long time, and the old one as well. I would like to Introduce myself. I became a Colts fan in 2007, when I watched my first NFL game. My brother introduced me to NFL, the superbowl between Colts & Bears, And as we all know the Bears scored first, so I had to rude for the "underdogs".. and from that day on I was hooked. I've watched every game since, even the primetime games, that starts 2:30 in Denmark, it's a long day working with no sleep but damn its worth it. Can't wait for my next big Colts adventure, when I get to see them playing in London 
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      I have been a fan since 1984 when I became an early teen and really started to understand the game. Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984 and eventhough we stunk for a while, things obviously got better. We traded for Dickerson in 1987 and won the Division, then we had Harbaugh's magical season in 1995, the Peyton ERA where winning 12 games was a piece of cake + winning a SB in 2006, now the Andrew ERA where we have already had 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run.
  • Members

• COLTS7

COLTS7 281

• Gavin

Gavin 6,252

• The Brazilian Ninja

The Brazilian Ninja 50

• B~Town

B~Town 392

• ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL 2,470

Moderators
    • bleevit

bleevit 43

• MTC

MTC 3,724

Moderators
    • SilentHill

SilentHill 1,878

• Combsey

Combsey 64

• #12.

#12. 109

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.