Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bonehead Jets might have started Stanton weeks ago

throwing BBZ

but no they had to have Tebow. Jets have been going downhill for years now, Rex will be on the streets if the owner has any sense at all. Boo hooo!

i cant see ryan being canned after two bad seasons, but there def need to change their offense

I consider myself one of the bigger Stanton backers here and have advocated we re-sign him as Luck's back-up.

That said,  I seriously don't think there's a single person in the Jets organization who regrets trading him.   No one there is looking at each other slapping themselves in the forehead     :slaphead:   and saying...   'we had Drew Stanton and we traded him!'

Sorry.

And since he's got a 1-year deal we're not trading him.   He does not have much value.    He hasn't done enough at any stop to have much value.    But, he's got value to the Colts.   I think the team is happy with him.   I think he's happy with the Colts.   And I heard Luck on an ESPN radio interview say Stanton is a big help to him on the sidelines, (he volunteered that info)  so Luck is happy with him.

So,  I'm hoping he's Luck's back-up next year.   I think it's best for everyone.

Just my two cents....

I consider myself one of the bigger Stanton backers here and have advocated we re-sign him as Luck's back-up.

That said,  I seriously don't think there's a single person in the Jets organization who regrets trading him.   No one there is looking at each other slapping themselves in the forehead     :slaphead:   and saying...   'we had Drew Stanton and we traded him!'

Sorry.

And since he's got a 1-year deal we're not trading him.   He does not have much value.    He hasn't done enough at any stop to have much value.    But, he's got value to the Colts.   I think the team is happy with him.   I think he's happy with the Colts.   And I heard Luck on an ESPN radio interview say Stanton is a big help to him on the sidelines, (he volunteered that info)  so Luck is happy with him.

So,  I'm hoping he's Luck's back-up next year.   I think it's best for everyone.

Just my two cents....

Yeah, I'd like him to stay also. But he'll want a chance to compete and he's not going to get that here. Unless he resigns himself to be a career backup I can't see him staying and waiting for an injury.

Yeah, I'd like him to stay also. But he'll want a chance to compete and he's not going to get that here. Unless he resigns himself to be a career backup I can't see him staying and waiting for an injury.

I have no inside knowledge, but my hunch -- and it's nothing more than that -- is that he'll be a career back-up.   I think he's got a good gig here in Indy.

I could be completely full of it... (and often am!!)  but that's my guess...

Just reading that Tebow will more than likely opt out of his deal in NY. Must be something in his contract allowshim to do this if he is passed over by the 3rd stringer. Strange but it seems like NY would be a great place for Stanton to sign in 2013. He wants a team that he has a chance to end up the starter. I wouldn't be shocked if they buried the hatchett and he resigned with the Jets. Yea.. maybe I would be shocked but it does look like a nice landing spot for him.

Not to hi-jack a thread, but I wonder if his connection to Chuck Pagano could land him a job here. Of course this is just a thought, I mean Manusky hasn't been terrible.

Oh, I just figured out you're speaking of Rex.

You know, I gotta give him respect as a DC, but boy, anyone who hires anyone from that family as a Head Coach has got to get his head examined.

I remember him making a comment earlier this season, that he never wanted to pick up a WR in the 2012 draft. Didn't see any need for it. You know, because they were so stacked with offensive talent. That apple certainly didn't fall far from the tree, and I'd have no reason to believe his brother would be any different.

I'm soooo glad we chose Pagano instead of Rob, like some clamored for. Though I highly doubt Rob was even on our radar to begin with.

Tebow did some amazing things for Denver last year, I really don't understand why the Jets never game him some extended playing time this year, especially considering who their QB was this year. I honestly don't know if I've ever seen a worse QB than Sanchez, theres no way in the world Tebow could have been worse than him. Don't be surprised to see Tebow as the starting QB for Jacksonville next year. Despite what alot of people think, if given a descent shot I think he could be a good QB.

Just reading that Tebow will more than likely opt out of his deal in NY. Must be something in his contract allowshim to do this if he is passed over by the 3rd stringer. Strange but it seems like NY would be a great place for Stanton to sign in 2013. He wants a team that he has a chance to end up the starter. I wouldn't be shocked if they buried the hatchett and he resigned with the Jets. Yea.. maybe I would be shocked but it does look like a nice landing spot for him.

I should not have stated "opt out of his deal." The speculation is that the Jet's would cut him as there is very little if any salary cap hit or that Tebow could probably force a trade. So please disregard what I guessed was to do with his contract as it's not correct. Geez , I hope Bavarian or whatever his name is doesn't copy this and make a thread with it.

The OP has a point though.

They put all their eggs in the Sanchez and Tebow basket. Quite questionable and it does present them with having to reflect on what appears to have been a viable alternative to the above mentioned QB's.

Yes but how many eggs does the Tebow and Sanchez basket have??? It seems they keep dropping the darn thing over and over again.

haha

The OP has a point though. 

They put all their eggs in the Sanchez and Tebow basket. Quite questionable and it does present them with having to reflect on what appears to have been a viable alternative to the above mentioned QB's. 

not to mention they traded down for the mighty  Sanchez to get him in draft at # 5 and Jet fans at draft were loving it

Sorry.

Just my two cents....

it got Gary Kubiak a OC/HC job

it got Gary Kubiak a OC/HC job

Sorry,  you lost me.     I have absolutely no idea what your comment has to do with my post.

My first reaction is that perhaps you made your comment to the wrong post??     Otherwise, you'll have to explain it to me, because I don't get whatever point you're trying to make.    Sorry.

Sorry,  you lost me.     I have absolutely no idea what your comment has to do with my post.

My first reaction is that perhaps you made your comment to the wrong post??     Otherwise, you'll have to explain it to me, because I don't get whatever point you're trying to make.    Sorry.

Kubiak was a career backup to Elway in Denver and got to play very little but served as an extra set of eyes for Elway

Stanton is to Luck like Kubiak was to Elway

Kubiak parlayed this into a NFL OC job then HC job

Kubiak was a career backup to Elway in Denver and got to play very little but served as an extra set of eyes for Elway

Stanton is to Luck like Kubiak was to Elway

Kubiak parlayed this into a NFL OC job then HC job

OK....    NOW it makes more sense.  

Very nice.    Good thought!       :thmup:

Tebow did some amazing things for Denver last year, I really don't understand why the Jets never game him some extended playing time this year, especially considering who their QB was this year. I honestly don't know if I've ever seen a worse QB than Sanchez, theres no way in the world Tebow could have been worse than him. Don't be surprised to see Tebow as the starting QB for Jacksonville next year. Despite what alot of people think, if given a descent shot I think he could be a good QB.

I'm rarely impressed by Ryan as a head coach, but I applaud him for refusing to start Tebow. And I feel sorry for Ryan since it's becoming clearer and clearer that it wasn't his decision to acquire Tebow in the first place. Normally Ryan is the circus ring-leader, but in this case he is single-handedly quashing Tebow-mania, and as someone who lives in the NY media market, I am eternally grateful.

Tebow is not an NFL quarterback - period. However "amazing" the things he did last year (in my opinion the only thing that was amazing was the teams ability to win despite his embarrassing ineptitude) it was at best a short-term phenomena akin to the Dolphins success with the wild-cat. You will notice that the league adjusted and the phenomena died quietly. Nobody else sought out the Dolphins skill players for the express purpose of trying to replicate their "success".

I also thought that Sanchez was below average even when the Jets were appearing in AFC Championship games. Building a team around him? Bringing in a guy who throws like an offensive lineman as his back-up? Debating the value of a career backup like Stanton? And some wonder how he Patriots win the division every year. Success in the NFL at this point is entirely dependent on finding a quality quarterback. The Jets are looking in all the wrong places. The only thing that amazes me about this scenario is that either Tebow or Sanchez are still on an NFL roster. The fact that both are on the same team, and that said team (and it's fans) had expectations of making the playoffs this year is simply comical. I am SO thankful that I didn't grow up a Jets fan.