Photo

Was he allowed on the flight back?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3113 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

two penalties that gave us half the distance to the goal on kickoffs and a fumble at the goal line.

How can u not cut this guy. The same way you gush of Link`s versatility I guess. good grief!

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Moore would have been looking for new employment during halftime Sunday if I was calling the shots. Luckily for him, I am not calling the shots.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#3 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12109 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Moore would have been looking for new employment during halftime Sunday if I was calling the shots. Luckily for him, I am not calling the shots.

I said an all expenses flight to Tora Bora in the Game Day Thread.  

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#4 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

The guy made mistakes. It is easy for him to be labeled the scapegoat for the loss and deservedly so.

I say give him one more chance. Carter still has those fumbling issues. We are low on RBs and who knows, he could very well break out against the Chiefs.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#5 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 15183 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Anybody remember Kenneth Moore? He was a special teamer for us for two weeks in 2010. He got cut immediately after fumbling twice against the Redskins, about two weeks too late. He's in the UFL now.

LET'S HUNT

#6 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

The guy made mistakes. It is easy for him to be labeled the scapegoat for the loss and deservedly so.

I say give him one more chance. Carter still has those fumbling issues. We are low on RBs and who knows, he could very well break out against the Chiefs.

I wouldn't give him another chance. He wasn't that good to begin with. I would try Karim before Moore ever touched the field again. Moore has been around way too long for him to make such stupid mistakes.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#7 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17343 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Moore is 30 years old, was already cut once (clearly he was brouh in to begin with because he is familiar with Arians offense) He was brought back for running back depth nothing more really except a carry here a carry there. He will be released come the offseason.

#8 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12109 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

I am over it..we lost.......He had one nice hard run that I saw......a woeful game......all of his mistakes were momentum/game changers.....that is what upset us all the most. :tvsmash:  :tvhammer: no Moore?

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#9 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

I was like the announcers, "where's Vick Ballard?!, why wasn't he running it in?"

#10 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 14672 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

wow

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#11 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

I wouldn't give him another chance. He wasn't that good to begin with. I would try Karim before Moore ever touched the field again. Moore has been around way too long for him to make such stupid mistakes.

and im sure steeler fans said the same thing about bettis in the playoff game in indy. when he fumbled at the goal line and it almost got taken back for a TD until versuck decided to kick it wide right to end the game. smh, twice in that ten year span we almost came back to beat the steelers only to lose in the final seconds.

Believe In Blue!!!

#12 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

I was like the announcers, "where's Vick Ballard?!, why wasn't he running it in?"

those were my exact words also. it baffled me that he was not in the game. honestly believe that would have changed the outcome of the game.

Believe In Blue!!!

#13 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1014 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

I was waiting for the roster move that sent him packing.  I still get amazed at the sheer number of guys who get a blocking in the back penalty.  If you can read the name on the jersey......don't hit him.  It's not rocket surgery!!!!!  Not to mention you're right out in front of an official.  Between the fumble and the dumb penalties I wouldn't have let him fly back with the team either.  He should be in the unemployment line IMO.

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."--Sun Tzu

#14 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3573 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

I was waiting for the roster move that sent him packing.  I still get amazed at the sheer number of guys who get a blocking in the back penalty.  If you can read the name on the jersey......don't hit him.  It's not rocket surgery!!!!!  Not to mention you're right out in front of an official.  Between the fumble and the dumb penalties I wouldn't have let him fly back with the team either.  He should be in the unemployment line IMO.

I wouldn't risk my rocket with just any surgeon.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#15 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3312 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

He's in the UFL now.

So he's unemployed then...

Unless he got a second job bagging groceries or something...
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#16 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 15183 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

So he's unemployed then... Unless he got a second job bagging groceries or something...

Word is they're going to bring the UFL back next year, but who knows...

LET'S HUNT

#17 Steagles

Steagles

Matt Overton and I!

• 880 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

I would cut Moore in favor of Karim, but I wouldn't not allow him on the flight. I mean, he didn't Kyle Williams that game. No but really, he should be benched for Deji Karim.

I am predicting 11-5 this year for the Colts. 

#18 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

those were my exact words also. it baffled me that he was not in the game. honestly believe that would have changed the outcome of the game.

That and not calling Reggie's TD back could've changed the outcome. But we don't know how differently the game would have been played if those things happened. The Texans could've gone aggressive on offense and succeeded. I do see vulnerability in the Texans though.

#19 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2909 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

That and not calling Reggie's TD back could've changed the outcome. But we don't know how differently the game would have been played if those things happened. The Texans could've gone aggressive on offense and succeeded. I do see vulnerability in the Texans though.

Agreed. If Moore takes it in for a TD instead of fumbling, We don't force a shanked punt that sets up the short field allowing Reggie's TD catch to be negated by penalty. You never know what Texans would have done from a kickoff instead of pinned deep at their goal line. But that fumble and the blocked punt are a 14 point swing (7 each way) we truly should not have happened. Young team vs. talented team. Stuff happens.

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#20 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4261 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Karim was doing great on returns and definitely earned a chance to help take some load off Ballard and provide a good burst of speed. I just hope he knows the playbook.

#21 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12109 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Karim was doing great on returns and definitely earned a chance to help take some load off Ballard and provide a good burst of speed. I just hope he knows the playbook.

I feel like if Karim had been in a little better football shape, he may have taken that return to the HOUSE!  

He should know most of the playbook?  At least the scheme from pre-season......Maybe Clinton Portis needs a thousand bucks or something!!!  :funny: I know I do.....Ho Ho Ho!!!!   :)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#22 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3312 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Word is they're going to bring the UFL back next year, but who knows...

Really? Last I heard players weren't being paid and the owners were discussing folding.
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#23 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 15183 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Really? Last I heard players weren't being paid and the owners were discussing folding.

I've heard that as well, but since that, I read that they were trying to restructure and get it back up and running. Doesn't matter either way, of course.

LET'S HUNT

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Aug
    Bogie

Happy Birthday to me, expecting a harvast

Show comments (7)
View All Updates