Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg McElroy Named Starter vs Chargers

Andy

Not surprised he's in this position. I thought the Colts should have drafted him instead of Rucker last year. This guy is a good player, and I was criticized for thinking that. I was right in the end.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on McElroy, and do you think they have a better chance of winning? I think they do.

Not surprised he's in this position. I thought the Colts should have drafted him instead of Rucker last year. This guy is a good player, and I was criticized for thinking that. I was right in the end.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on McElroy, and do you think they have a better chance of winning? I think they do.

Right now, McElroy is solid, not a world beater. But the offense he is in, if he is a good game manager that moves the chains and does not turn it over, that would be infinitely better than SANCHIZE.

And the purpose of having Tim Tebow all year was???!!!!

Yeah. It's like the poor kid was held hostage by the Jets. What did he do to deserve that? Sigh.

But that was his own doing though. John Elway was getting a better 4th round pick from the Jags than the Jets but gave the option to Tebow as to where he would like to land. Tebow chose the Jets (hoping he could supplant the starter over there???), and now finds out it ain't no promised land. :)

At least that is the story given by several Broncos fans about Tebow's trade.

But that was his own doing though. John Elway was getting a better 4th round pick from the Jags than the Jets but gave the option to Tebow as to where he would like to land. Tebow chose the Jets (hoping he could supplant the starter over there???), and now finds out it ain't no promised land. :)

At least that is the story given by several Broncos fans about Tebow's trade.

The natives have been restless all year and we want Tebow!!!!!

And we won't get him. Sigh.

Yeah. It's like the poor kid was held hostage by the Jets. What did he do to deserve that? Sigh.

Amen! Let him go. It's obvious Rex didn't want him there in the first place. I'd love for him to go some place (Jacksonville?) and eventually beat the Jets somewhere down the road. Again.

How would mcelroy have helped us?

I know I am about to get shunned for this, but we should sign Tebow to play as a power running back to compliment Ballard. I honestly think he'd be solid.

IMO he's far more suited for the TE position. He is an incredibly gifted athlete whom possess all the inherent athletic ability of a top-tier TE. A few years of receiving and blocking coaching would do him up. 

IMO he's far more suited for the TE position. He is an incredibly gifted athlete whom possess all the inherent athletic ability of a top-tier TE. A few years of receiving and blocking coaching would do him up. 

I see him as more of a fullback.

It would be a more intuitive placement for him to start out at the FB position, as he would need intensive route coaching to transition to the TE position. However, given his athletic ability, I see his talents being far more utilized as a TE long-term.

How would mcelroy have helped us?

I just liked him as a backup. I think he could become a real solid backup for any team, and potentially a starter for a bad one.

I think he could have provided depth on this team for many years. 

It would be a more intuitive placement for him to start out at the FB position, as he would need intensive route coaching to transition to the TE position. However, given his athletic ability, I see his talents being far more utilized as a TE long-term.

Perhaps.  I just question whether or not he could become a good enough route runner at this stage of his career to make it as a TE.

The purpose was the big media circus. Rex Ryan + big mouth players + big name media star = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's all it was over. I have been critical of Tebow in the past, but I do think he's a good kid. He's a good role model, but not an NFL quarterback. on the other hand, the Jets love media attention. They got Cromartie and the rest of those big mouths, along with Rex, and then comes Tebow who really is a positive influence seeing he's not one to run his mouth like them, but they only seen money in him.

The purpose was the big media circus. Rex Ryan + big mouth players + big name media star = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's all it was over. I have been critical of Tebow in the past, but I do think he's a good kid. He's a good role model, but not an NFL quarterback. on the other hand, the Jets love media attention. They got Cromartie and the rest of those big mouths, along with Rex, and then comes Tebow who really is a positive influence seeing he's not one to run his mouth like them, but they only seen money in him.

Tim Tebow Conspiracy.

We WILL get to the bottom of this. As well as many other various important issues.

I agree. FB is his position. He can learn to catch checkdowns and block for his RB or be in goal line situations and get the direct handoff or snap as well. Tebow was hoodwinked by the Jets' red carpet recruitment or whatever you want to call it. Plus, a press conference for a backup QB??? Seriously??? Only happens with the Jets.

That is why the GM should go and Bill Polian should be hired. It starts with the top and it was the GM's decision more than Rex Ryan's decision, IMO.

I stated when they brought him in, and still to this day think its is true that they brought Tebow in to try and light a fire under Sanchez - to motivate him to compete harder so they could see if they had anything in him or if they had to start over.   Clearly they never had any intention at all of giving Tebow a chance to play - from day one they knew that yet mislead the kid!  Hopefully he gets another chance somewhere that will give him an honest shot.    Jets brass should be ashamed as human beings!