Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As a Bills fan, I want one thing for Christmas from this franchise

buffalo34

....If this franchise has any pride whatsoever, they would absolutely beat down the living crap out of the Jets on the last week of the season. There is absolutely no excuse to lose to this team. I don't know how many of you watched the Monday Night game between the Jets and Titans (and I don't blame you if you didn't watch the game), but calling the Jets offense an abomination of horrible, putrid, abominations is actually complimenting Sanchez and co.

I want the Bills to end the Jets' season on a incredibly sour note, because then the offseason for the Jets would become THAT much more entertaining.

There's just no way the Bills can lose to the Jets in their current state at home. Play it like a playoff game. I'm so sick of losing to these guys when the only thing you literally have to do to beat the Jets is not suck.

I think you guys are a QB away from competing for the playoffs and maybe 1 or 2 more WR's away. I just dont think Fitzpatrick is the future in Buffalo or that you guys have a franchise QB  on the roster. I would not say Fitz is bad by any stretch like I said just not a franchise QB

I think it's a QB and a head coach away. Chan could take off some pressure off Fitz if he just ran the ball with CJ Spiller more than 8 times a game, but I'm still baffled on why we are still trying to win games on Fitz's arm. Spiller would break out 2 or 3 big runs and then all of a sudden we'd throw 3 straight incomplete passes out of the shotgun and punt. All of our wins this year actually involved us running the ball and Fitz managing the game. I think we're ok at WR, they're not a stellar bunch but they can get open and make plays with the proper QB, but I do think we need someone to develop alongside Stevie Johnson. And Scott Chandler has turned into a keeper at TE, I really hope we can retain him for the long term.

On the defensive side, we need a whole new set of linebackers. We should have the defensive line to compete, we should have a decent secondary, but the linebackers in the middle are absolutely horrible.

What's bad is the refs basically spoon fed the Jets down the field. 14 penalties on Tennessee compared to the low number of 2 that the Jets had, when I turned the TV (After Sanchez's 4th pick). Even with all that help, they blew it with Sanchez.

The Jets are a flat out joke. It would have been a sin for them to reach the playoffs with that terrible offense.

I hope Buffalo does it, I see no reason that they shouldn't. Come out and run it down their throats!

you guys have probably one of the best d-lines in football and byrd is good safety, but the rest needs work. fitz is good but hes not gonna win you games when your behind. the focal point of the offense has to be spiller and jackson.

I do feel sorry for Buffalo fans. A strong blue collar fan base that deserves a competitive team every single Sunday. How's DE Mario Williams working out for Ya BTW? Is he earning his paycheck. I don't see too many Bills games. HOF Owner Ralph Wilson deserves better than this too...Sigh..

89713872_display_image.jpg?1330726991

Mario's actually come along a bit, he's been playing better since his surgery on his wrist. He's got 9.5 sacks and I'd hope he gets to double digits. IMO the coaching staff isn't putting the defense in a position to succeed, it's essentially rush 4 and play zone, and they rarely get creative. I think Mario is the least of our problems on the defensive side, as I think our defensive issues stem from a poor crop of linebackers, a poor defensive scheme, and that we NEVER make adjustments, whether halftime or in-game.

Mario's actually come along a bit, he's been playing better since his surgery on his wrist. He's got 9.5 sacks and I'd hope he gets to double digits. IMO the coaching staff isn't putting the defense in a position to succeed, it's essentially rush 4 and play zone, and they rarely get creative. I think Mario is the least of our problems on the defensive side, as I think our defensive issues stem from a poor crop of linebackers, a poor defensive scheme, and that we NEVER make adjustments, whether halftime or in-game.

I thought DC Dave Wannstedt would whip your LB's & DE's into shape. He was descent in Miami as a HC, but perhaps he has no people skills & can't motivate players either. Sorry buffalo34...The Glory Days of Marv Levy, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, & Jim Kelly are a distant & foggy memory of yesteryear now. A darn shame man...

Mario's actually come along a bit, he's been playing better since his surgery on his wrist. He's got 9.5 sacks and I'd hope he gets to double digits. IMO the coaching staff isn't putting the defense in a position to succeed, it's essentially rush 4 and play zone, and they rarely get creative. I think Mario is the least of our problems on the defensive side, as I think our defensive issues stem from a poor crop of linebackers, a poor defensive scheme, and that we NEVER make adjustments, whether halftime or in-game.

I always liked Mario Williams a great pass rusher, hard worker, & he never complains. No adjustments at halftime? Really? If Dave fails to adjust at all on defense, your squad isn't gonna win too many games. I hate to see a team lose hope...Such a proud NFL franchise too...At least owner Ralph Wilson was willing to spend big money to land Mario Williams & improve the team. How can you have such nice pieces in Williams & Jarius Byrd & not use them to their fullest potential? So sad...CJ Spiller too...Injuries play a role on any squad sure, but top tier coaching should minimize & offset that. 1 would hope anyway right?

For a brief while there, I thought you guys had finally found a franchise QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick, but he's had his struggles too I'm afraid as you well know...The question is...Is Fitz still fixable or not? I can't answer that. I wish I could. If the Jacksonville Jaguars release QB Chad Henne for any reason, pick him up. Henne can win games for Ya or Seattle's QB Matt Flynn...Yeah I know, smaller market cities typically have cap room issues...Not fair at all is it? 

I will periodically check in on your Bills via their NFL website buffalo34. I have always respected this historical football franchise despite their Playoff contention struggles in recent memory. Hang in there my friend. I will be pulling for your team against the clown carnival that is Rex Ryan. 

I always wanna see an underdog franchise get remodeled, redesigned, & reborn. The Bills & her loyal fans will always be admired to me. Regardless of what their season record is...

I was going to include a You Tube Video Tribute to the Buffalo Bills here, but the site & it's new software seem to be having some problems right now. I will try to add it tomorrow.

If any new promising players get signed or resigned in NY for your organization, please let me know buffalo34. Thank you. 

4 Consecutive SB Appearances is a remarkable feat that will never be duplicated again. 1990, 1991, 1993, & 1994 under GM Bill Polian & HC Marv Levy is simply spectacular IMO. A crowning NFL achievement!

I often wonder with no field goal miss in 1990...Jim Kelly & Company could easily have been a 4 ring dynasty. They were so crisp, fluid, sharp, & precise in that era...It was mesmerizing to watch.

I think it may be time to move on from Fitz though, I don't think he has the arm strength or accuracy to succeed. I like the guy, believe me, he's much better than watching Trent Edwards check it down on 4th and 15 when you're down by 10 in the fourth quarter or JP Losman one hopping passes to receivers in the flat (and coughing up the ball because of having absolutely no pocket presence), but I think teams have caught up to Fitz and his quick passes. He might have a good game from time to time, but it's becoming more and more frequent that he has one of "those" games.

I really think coaching and QB play cost us the Indy game for example. Gailey punted from the Colts 33 or something like that instead of opting for a FG. It was rediculous. He wouldn't let Lindell kick a 50 yd FG in a dome but the very next week against Jacksonville Lindell blasted a 50yd FG down the pipe in bad weather.

And southwest, we'll see what happens down the line. I'm not all that jazzed up for next season unless a significant change or two is made.

4 Consecutive SB Appearances is a remarkable feat that will never be duplicated again. 1990, 1991, 1993, & 1994 under GM Bill Polian & HC Marv Levy is simply spectacular IMO. A crowning NFL achievement!

I often wonder with no field goal miss in 1990...Jim Kelly & Company could easily have been a 4 ring dynasty. They were so crisp, fluid, sharp, & precise in that era...It was mesmerizing to watch.

I've had fun beating that team in Tecmo bowl most of my thinking life..

I'm with you in some ways, but in other ways, if the Jets finish with a solid win, it might extend the Ryan/Sanchez era for another season (which would be awesome... let's face it). A humiliating loss to close things out may be the last straw for Woody.

I still don't know how we got blown out by the Jets.  We didn't even get into the end zone. SMH. Actually I do. Greene and McNight  did their best Fred Taylor and MJD imitation on us.   But worst was we let Sanchez complete 11 of 18 passes and throw 2 TD's!  :(

Now the Jets are eliminated.  If they would have backed into the playoffs, wouldn't that mean they were in the last 3 out of 4 years?  How??  (well, now 2 out of the last 4).

I do hope the Bills crush them.

Buffalo should be able to win against the Jets. I watched highlights of MNF and the Jets looked pitiful. I have no idea how that team blew out the Colts. It must have been one of those freak things of nature that happens once in a lifetime.

I've always liked the Bills. They have a good organization and devoted fan base. They deserve more wins than what they're getting.

What's bad is the refs basically spoon fed the Jets down the field. 14 penalties on Tennessee compared to the low number of 2 that the Jets had, when I turned the TV (After Sanchez's 4th pick). Even with all that help, they blew it with Sanchez.

The Jets are a flat out joke. It would have been a sin for them to reach the playoffs with that terrible offense.

I hope Buffalo does it, I see no reason that they shouldn't. Come out and run it down their throats!

Oh How True

I guess, as a 40-year-old guy, my lack of sympathy for the Bills is not shared by the younger generation! This would be especially applicable for Indy fans, since Buffalo basically owned the AFC East for a long time. I just remember getting crushed by that team time and time again. I don't despise the Bills or anything like that... I just remember that they did have their "glory days," despite the unfortunate distinction of being on the losing end of four straight Super Bowls.

I'm with you in some ways, but in other ways, if the Jets finish with a solid win, it might extend the Ryan/Sanchez era for another season (which would be awesome... let's face it). A humiliating loss to close things out may be the last straw for Woody.

Rex Ryan is done in New York. A DC is all he is ever gonna be to me. A brilliant defensive mind though, even HOF QB Tom Brady will attest to that fact.

Just promise me that you won't pick him up as NE's next DC GoPats or you guys will win multiple SB's in the near future. 

I guess, as a 40-year-old guy, my lack of sympathy for the Bills is not shared by the younger generation! This would be especially applicable for Indy fans, since Buffalo basically owned the AFC East for a long time. I just remember getting crushed by that team time and time again. I don't despise the Bills or anything like that... I just remember that they did have their "glory days," despite the unfortunate distinction of being on the losing end of four straight Super Bowls.

Well, our time at the top of the AFC East was essentially the late 80s and early 90s...wouldn't call that a long time.

We were essentially useless in the 70s...and for a fun fact we went that whole decade without beating Miami once! So for my generation I guess the incredibly long losing streak against the Pats was comparable to that.

Well, our time at the top of the AFC East was essentially the late 80s and early 90s...wouldn't call that a long time.

We were essentially useless in the 70s...and for a fun fact we went that whole decade without beating Miami once! So for my generation I guess the incredibly long losing streak against the Pats was comparable to that.

An cool kernel of information there Buffalo34. Like a Jeopardy Quiz show category under "Little Known NFL Facts." Like a Daily Double question for $1000 Alex. haha 

http://youtu.be/0Wi8Fv0AJA4

Alex-Trebek.jpg

Rex Ryan is done in New York. A DC is all he is ever gonna be to me. A brilliant defensive mind though, even HOF QB Tom Brady will attest to that fact.

Just promise me that you won't pick him up as NE's next DC GoPats or you guys will win multiple SB's in the near future. 

I don't think Belichick would be too interested in Rex's services... but I guess you never know. Rob Ryan was on the NE staff from I think 2000-2001.

I suppose, back then, it sure FELT like a long time, lol...

Between 1988 and 1994 the Patriots only beat the Bills twice. But I guess you're right, that sort of pales in comparison with the current streak.

I don't think Belichick would be too interested in Rex's services... but I guess you never know. Rob Ryan was on the NE staff from I think 2000-2001.

Interesting tid bit of information there GOPats. I actually forgot about that. At least Rob Ryan, unlike his brother Rex, doesn't make crazy SB predictions nearly every single season. Geez, if Rob had stayed 1 more season, he could shove a shiny SB in Rex's face.  :lol:

DC0111SB-36.jpg

Nor did NE. like a 18 game drought in the Orange Bowl. Feel the pain........

Interesting tid bit of information there GOPats. I actually forgot about that. At least Rob Ryan, unlike his brother Rex, doesn't make crazy SB predictions nearly every single season. Geez, if Rob had stayed 1 more season, he could shove a shiny SB in Rex's face.  :lol:

I was actually wrong. I looked it up and Rob Ryan was here longer than that. He was with NE for both SB36 and SB38, so he's got two rings. Rex has one from his tenure in Baltimore. And Buddy Ryan's got two, I think. Lots of hardware in that family!

I was actually wrong. I looked it up and Rob Ryan was here longer than that. He was with NE for both SB36 and SB38, so he's got two rings. Rex has one from his tenure in Baltimore. And Buddy Ryan's got two, I think. Lots of hardware in that family!

Agreed. Say what you will about them off the field but on the field they know their football.